Party Dress

Party Dress

 

“Come on!” you whined dragging Sungjong with you to the nearest shop.

“You’re taking me to this shop and expect no one to recognize me?” Sungjong replied.

“You promised you would go shopping with me for that party dress, you can’t take back your word!”

“But the party is a month from now. Besides, we planned on going to watch a movie.”

“You won’t be here a month from now.” You said stopping in the way.

Sungjong looked at your pleading face and he knew he couldn’t resist your request when you mentioned him going away.

“Fine. Let’s go inside.” Sungjong said. A smile spread across your face as you entangled your arm with his and walked into the shop.

After a few rounds in the shop, you came across some cute dresses that you knew would be suitable for your best friend’s birthday party.

You tried on a red knee-length strapless dress that showed your arms and collarbones. You came out and twirled for Sungjong but he merely shook his head.

You went back to the dressing room but this time tried on a lacey baby blue dress. Sungjong’s reaction was the same as before. You kept on trying a dress after another but Sungjong didn’t approve of any. At the end you came out of the dressing room wearing your normal clothes and stood staring at Sungjong.

“Ok, you don’t approve of any of the dresses I chose, how about you choose one for me then?”

Sungjong got up and went around the area looking at the clothes holding his chin between his fingers. His eyes registered at a black mini dress and you saw the excitement in his eyes as he grabbed it and lift it across your chest.

“I think this is perfect.” He said handing it to you.

“But, but it’s too short! And black doesn’t suit me!”

“Just go and try it, I have a feeling this is the right dress.” He said pushing you towards the dressing room.

A few minutes later you stood in the doorway trying to cover your thighs and cleavage. When it came to revealing dresses, you were ok with revealing one part at a time.

Sungjong stood up and looked at you for a long time before he finally spoke with a smile “See? This is the dress for you. You look more beautiful in this dress than in the other dresses.”

Your face was getting heated at his comment and the gaze he was giving you. You knew he was being truthful and a part of you danced from happiness at getting such a comment from a man you believed was prettier than you.

After buying the dress, Sungjong and you headed towards the movie theater. Sungjong was wearing his cap and sunglasses, which made him seem a bit concealed.

Sungjong bought the tickets and you got the snacks. This was your first official date. You and Sungjong knew each other for six months already but it took you some time for you both to realize your feelings for one another especially that both of you weren’t experienced in dating.

Sungjong put his arm around your shoulder as you entered the cinema. The movie started and you immersed yourself completely in the movie.

How could you not when Johnny Depp was acting? It had been a while since you watched a Depp movie and you were happy that you could watch it with your boyfriend.

The movie was exceptionally funny which made you laugh so hard. You didn’t notice it when Sungjong held your hand till he squeezed it. You looked at him giving him a fleeting smile and squeezing back. You averted your eyes back to the movie just when a kiss scene came, you grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed them in your mouth as you tried to look anywhere but at the screen.

Sungjong never left your hand even as you tried to take it off his hand to open the water bottle. You looked at him and gave him a confused look. He made you lean back against the seat and put your head on his shoulder. You smiled at how adorable he was.

It was very comfortable to be sleeping on his shoulder, it made you feel safe and less stressed more than the movie did.

His arm crept around your shoulder and started your arm as you both continued to watch the movie. This seriously was the best time you watched a movie. The movie was alright, but what made it so amazing was being with Sungjong.

Sungjong laughed silently at a funny scene but his laughter echoed in your ears. The sound of his laughter made you smile so you shifted your head slightly to look at him. Your head was still on his shoulder but it was turned towards his.

He looked back at you, his face really close to yours.

The movie was forgotten as you and Sungjong stared into each other’s eyes. He leaned towards you slowly while you closed your eyes.

The touch of his lips against yours was very electrifying and thrilling. It was a mere peck at the beginning but you started to move your mouth against his. He responded immediately without any hesitation. His clutched your arm tighter while you stayed rested against his shoulder.

Your craning neck was starting to become stiff but you didn’t care as you forgot yourself in his kisses.

He pulled back after a few minutes and looked deep into your eyes.

“I guess I shouldn’t let you wear that dress anymore.” he whispered against your lips.

“Why?”

“I’m scared now someone would steal you from me and I’ll have that dress to blame.”

You giggled quietly trying to not disturb the other people at the theater.

“It’s funny how you realized this now.”

“Should we go back to the shop after the movie and get you a long gown?” Sungjong murmured.

“Great idea except that I have other plans for us after the movie.”

“Aha! Do they include ice cream?” Sungjong said raising his eyebrow.

“They include you, me, and a huge container of ice cream.”

“I knew it.” He said leaning back. “Although I’d still rather we go now before the movie finishes.”

“Hmmmm” you whispered, “Shall we go?”

 Sungjong kissed you again before you two got up and headed back home.

It was going to be one long interesting night.