Just For You

Just For You

                

                Yabu his paws and rubbing his eyes. He hates grooming himself, he feel it quite disgusting to place his tongue against his own body but that is what a cat must do. He once becomes a sloth, not wanting to clean him own self and as the result his fur become untidy and it itching. He never wanted to experience that again.  He looks outside the window. His owner still has not coming home yet.  He stands and stretches his body so the numbness disappears. He has been sitting down since afternoon and has not made any move. He felt bored to be left alone in the house. He jumped on the cabinet. He walked on it, proudly. He felt like he is the king of the place. He passed the flower vase, pictures frames, while waving his tail left to right. He is enjoying his day. But after a few steps, he stopped. He sat and stares at the white frame with little flower and heart on it. The picture of his owner and a guy sat on the garden`s bench, surrounding by little white and pink flower, holding their hands and smiling to each other. Yabu can felt their love affection towards each other. His eyes narrowed.

                “I miss us…” his monologue alone in cat`s word. (he`s meow-ing.)He keeps staring at his owner picture and the memories flashed back.

FlashBack

                Yabu slammed his room`s door as hard as he can. He felt angry; feeling like the God is so unfair. Knocks on the door still continues. He can hear his mum`s cry and his dad trying to persuade him, trying to make him felt better. His eyes caught the flower vase on little table next to his bed. He grabs it and threw it to the door. The knocking stops.

                “Go away!” he leaned against the door, ignoring the shattered little piece of vase. His feet are bleeding but the pain he felt inside is heart is unbearable. He cries until his heart content.

                “Kouta…” he heard his mum`s voice.

                “GO AWAY!” slowly he bring himself to the floor and hug his knees. “I hate this sickness. I don’t why to die. W-why me? Why are You being unfair to me???” he whispered while tears streams , blaming the God for his suffering.

                He has this sickness since he was a kid. A rare heart disease that can only be treated by a transplant but the chances for it to happen again is high because of the abnormality in his blood cells. He snapped again today. He wanted to be healthy. Since he was a kid, he meets tons of doctors, and his parent keep telling him that he will be better after treatment session. He used to believe it, but the trust is no longer there. He becomes weak every day. He felt pain every day. He need to takes medicines every minutes, every hours and he`s got sick of it. He has made his decision, if die is the only way for him to stop the pain, so be it. He is giving up.

                When he comes to his right mind, he bowed and asks for forgiveness from his parent. They would understand him, they always are.

                “I`m sorry I acted like a brat.”

                “Don’t be, dear. I wanted to apologize for not being able to take the pain away from you. I`m not a good mother, I know you`re hurting but yet I can’t do anything. I`m sorry.”

Yabu hugged his parent. They are the only one he got. He never blames them. He looked at them and gathered strength.

                “I-I have made my decision. I want to stay at the hospital. I want to get treatment, 24/7. I wanted to be healthy again. Please.” He sat on his knees. “Send me to the hospital.” He knows that was only half-hearted, a lie. Another half wanted to die, at least not in his parent`s arms.

It has been two month since he was hospitalized. There weren’t much changed. Yabu look at outside the window. He did not get better; he becomes cold and heartless guy. He treated every single person bad, including his parent. Each times their visits, he hurt them with his words. He watches his mum trying to control herself from crying. He watches his father forcing himself to smile.

                Cry now mum, dad…

                Hate me…

                 I won’t be healthy.

                I want to die.

                Cry now…so during my death, you don’t have to cry again…

His heart screams and crying. It hurts him more to see the sadness of his parent but he does not want them to cry on his funeral. He wanted to see their smiling face.

One day, his sleep was disturbed by a lousy noise of a vacuum cleaner. He is pissed off. He wanted to have a quite surrounding, that`s why he get the most expensive room in the hospital.

                “What the hell with all the commotion???” he gets up and raised his voice up. He was angry. The vacuum cleaner still move, it seems the responsible person did not heard his voice. He looked right and left and grabbed an apple and then throws it. It hit the back of the person. The person pushes the stop button and look at the one who throw the apple.

Yabu was stunned for a while. He thought it was an old hag. It turns out to be a young girl.

                “What the hell are you doing in my room?” he jerks off.

She smiles and bowed a little. “Hello, my name is Saitou Unie. You can call me Saitou-san, mister. And starting for today, I`m going to be your personal maid.” She introduced herself and still keeps the smile on her face.

He was against the decision of his parent about the personal maid. He does not need her or anyone. He can do everything himself. But his parent made up their mind and strongly disagreed to fire the maid. Yabu`s clenching his teeth, unhappy with the decision.

He hates her and does tricks toward her every single day.

He sticks her chair with glues, red paint.

He`s jeering at her.

He made fun of her food and throw it away.

He`s ignoring her. Turn back and didn’t respond when she talks and walk away.

Turn the volume of his television or radio up when she`s trying to get some sleep or rest.

He did lots of prank, most of it, physically hurting her, but she never get angry. She keeps smiling and endured it.

Why?  He asked himself.

She is different. She let him prank her but never once she`s give up. Among all people, she is the only one who have guts to scold him if he refused to take medicines or when he`s being mean to his parent.

                “ I can stand anything but a rude son. If you still doing this to your parent, I`ll poisoning your food and make sure you`ll ended up in the toilet for the whole week!” She reprimanded and threatened him, in front of his parent. Both of them just laughed.

Why?

When she is not looking or focused on something, he took a glance of her.

                “Why are you staring at me?” she asked.

                “Just because.” He`s playing with the tv remote. She`s busy cleaning her shirt. He managed to paint her seat with green watercolor this time. He`s staring again, wondering why she still smiling.

                “There you do it again.” She looks at him with curiosity.

                “Why aren’t you pissed off of me? Why are you still smiling even though I did lots of bad things to you?” he finally asked.

She came closer. “I heard from your parent that you seems like losing your will of living. And they were right, when the first time I see you. You look very weak, and you hate so many things.” She paused. “I must say I hate and feel angry with all those pranks and tricks you did to me. But I couldn’t help myself from stop smiling or being happy.” She`s smiling again. Yabu bring his eyes away from her. He felt different when their eyes meet.

                “Happy? Are you stupid?” he`s mocking her, smirking.

She smiles. Her eyes almost close and created the eye smile. “Yes. All those pranks are proof that you are alive. You wake up every day, thinking about another prank you can do to me. It shows that you`re not really want to die. Is clearly that, you are enjoying yourself. And that is what makes me feel happy. ”

He stunned. He has never felt better like this. He chuckled and slowly his shoulder moving up and down. Laughter filled the room after a while. They have become close friend since then. He can felt he is getting better. Knowing her makes he forgets all his pain. He feels refreshed. He once again has the courage to have hope. He is making lots of hopes, with her inside it. He does not know where he gets his strength but he managed to confess to her about his feeling. Her answer? Well, tears streaming down her cheeks, a kiss on his cheeks and a warm hug is enough. He knows she belongs to him. He loves her more than he loves his life.

                However, God has another plan. He could not stop the sickness from attacking again. There he goes.  His body full with wires and tubes. He need to breath with the respiration supporting devices. He heard his parent`s voice, he heard her voice.

Give support to him.

 Holding his hand all the time. Whispering lots of encourage words.

Until one day, he gained his conscious. It`s a miracle.

                “Let`s go to our first date.” After a week, he looked straight to her eyes. She was startled because of sudden invitation but she could not hide her happiness. They went to Flower Event at town. He was wearing casual clothes while she`s with a white dress. She looks like an angel to him. At the event, they snap a photograph together at this little garden hidden behind Johnny`s Heaven Café. The staffs there were nice and give them their help. He still remembers their names.

Small but very flexible and cute, Chinen Yuri.

Guy who loves to play drum and he always have drum stick with him, Nakajima Yuto.

Guy with “bad boy” aura, Takaki Yuya.

English boy, Okamoto Keito.

Joker and always energetic, Yaotome Hikaru.

Guy with a sweet smile, Arioka Daiki.

Guy with lots of fangirls, Yamada Ryosuke.

These were the people who are so nice and helped him to give his girlfriend an unforgettable memory.  He asked the staffs to filled the café with white lilies, because that’s it Unie`s favorite flower. He wanted her to always smile and be happy.

                Three days later, he was alone in his room. No one was there and the pain strikes. He could not call for help. He was holding his chest due to the pain.

Help…me…

No one was coming. He knows it is the time for him to go. However, he cannot leave yet. He has becoming greedy. He wants to live, and stay right next to her.

                “I can’t-leave.” He`s crying. He wanted to beg to God to let him live. “I wanted to be besides her.”

The moment before his soul leave his body, the time stopped. He looked around. There are sparkling dusts in front of him. A winged guy showed up. He`s beautiful like an angel.

                “W-who…are..y..you?” he`s panted, even the times stopped, the pain is still lingering around him.

                “My name is Inoo Kei. I`m an angel.” The unknown guy introduced himself.

                “An angel? So, can you help me? I-I-Don’t want to die yet.” He begged.

The angel`s eyes narrowed. “I`m sorry. I`m a love angel. Humans called me cupid. I don’t have the power to prolong your life. I`m here because of your love affection toward the one you loved. It’s the love that summoned me here.”

                “I just want to stay with her, for a while. I will not ask for more. I know I`m dying…” tears streaming down. “Just grant me my only wish, let me stay with her for a while. Even not as Yabu Kouta…”

The angel has teary eyes. “Very well. I couldn’t do much but this will give you little time to be with her. Until then, enjoy you second chance and when the times for you to leave, please don’t leave regrets.” The angel gathers his soul and disappeared into thin air.

                After the meeting with the angel, he opened his eyes and he was standing in front of Saitou Unie`s house.

                “Unie-chan! I`m here” However he could not uttered the word. All that comes out from his mouth is just simple, “meow.”

Yabu saw a reflection on the window and take a look at him now. The angel places his soul into this new form. A cat. It was scary. He run and hid himself behind the flower vase. He looks at his “hand”.

                “Wow, that cupid…” he looked at the sky. “AT LEAST MAKES MY PAW WHITE!!”

End of Flash Back

Yabu smiled. He is so much happier now. It has been three month since he lives with Saitou Unie. He has seen pretty much.  And yes, what other guys could not see, he sees it all! He`s a cat, what else he can do except for watching and staring. Sometimes, he is regret not be able to do much with her before. What a nice “view”, he thought. Unie was quite sad and become a loner after his death. He keep doing lots of tricks and pranks to catch her attention and somehow he did it.

                “Stop staring, Ko-chan. You always stares at me, just like…him.” Her eyes narrowed while her hand rubbed behind his ears. “But thanks to you, I felt like he`s with me.”

The door opened. Unie showed up with a paper bag in her arm.

                “I`m back. Ko-chan, I`ve bought new cat food. We run out of your food, right?” Unie talked t her cat. The cat jumps from the cabinet and brushing his head to her legs. Unie put down the food and rubs his head tenderly.

                “I miss you too.” She said. “Just like I missing the owner of your name. Do you know, he always does tricks toward me? He is bad but I`m happy because he keeps doing it. He has reasons to open his eyes every day, even though it just to prank me. I was lost when he died but I know he wouldn’t want me to be sad so, I`ll continue smiling.”

Yabu her finger. He missed her too. He felt sorry to her. “I`m here. I wish you know that I always been here.”

Unie place the cat food into Yabu`s plate. “Enjoy your food while I take my bath, okay?”

Yabu look at his owner and waving his tail. “Can I come too???” (bad cat!)

                That night, Yabu sleep beside Unie. He her lips as a good night kiss. Unie`s lips curves.

                “Good night Ko-chan. And to you Kouta” she took a glance to the night sky. She said her first love turns into stay and shine brightly up there.  

It`s 1 am and Yabu still cannot sleep yet. His ears catch some noise. He brings himself to the window and look outside. He sees a figure standing there. Inoo Kei smile.

                “It`s been a while.” Yabu said. The cupid was still pretty.

                “Yeah. Are you happy now?” Kei asked. Yabu nodded. He wanted to tell everything to the cupid. But he could not do it. The cupid stops smiling.

                “I think you know why I am here.”

Yabu`s eyes narrowed. Of course he knows. He`s a cat. He knows his time is up. “Can you give me few hours?”

There is something he must do before he leaves forever. Fortunately, cupid understands and grants him time until the sunrise. Yabu run as fast as he could. His body becomes weaker and weaker. He must go to place where he and Unie went to on their first date. He wanted to get something for her.

Please…Lend me your strength. Give me the opportunity.

Unie wakes up and find her cat was missing. She looks at the time, 5.45 a.m.

                “Ko-chan? Where are you?” She looks everywhere inside the house but she could not find him. She almost cried. “Ne, Ko-chan. I don’t want to play hide and seek anymore. Please come out.” She wipes her eyes. It has been 30 minutes and he is still missing.

The noise at the door shocked her. “Ko-chan?” she runs toward the door and opened it. There he is. Her eyes wide open. The cat was lying on the floor, look weaken.

                “Ko-chan…” she lifted his body. Her cat is dying. He was hugging something. Slowly, miracle happens. Yabu can feel his body transforming. He becomes human again. Inoo Kei release his magic, because he was touches by Yabu`s determination.

                “U-unie-chan.” He calls for her.

Unie could not believe her own eyes, but she was missing him and hugs him, tightly. “You were here…always here…” she cries.

                “I always want to stay by your side. Just to see your smile. ” he handed her something.

                “Lily?”

The pain strikes again. “I`m sorry I couldn’t stay by your side. There`s many more I haven’t do with you, show to you. I wish I could but I don’t have much time left. But please, don’t ever give up and d-don’t be sad. ”he brought his hand and touch her cheeks. “I want you t-to know that I will always love you. I will be right beside you, I`ll be your star, and shine just for you.” He`s crying.

Unie nodded. “I love you,Kouta.” She brings her lips close to his and their lips touches. She can feel the warmth of his kiss and his breath.

Inoo Kei watches from distance, “Your time is up.”

Yabu`s body slowly fade away. Their lips still on each other until Unie couldn’t feel it anymore. Tears streaming down her cheeks as she opened her eyes and look to the sky. This time, he is gone…forever.

                “I will always be there for you, just for you.”