Through my eyes.

Through my eyes.

It was the typical tragic car accident. Three cars crashed onto each other on the highway and there was no lucky surviver, the only two who got out were blind and had broken leg.
 




"How are you, Yixing?" a pale girl with small frame entered the room 365. She looked washed out in her white hospital clothes, many who had seen her thought that she was going to disappear in a blink of an eye.

Upon hearing her gentle voice, a figure who is as fragile as her slowly sit up and turned his face towards the source of the voice. He was a chinese boy, shy as a kid and gentle as the breeze were the impression people had on him. A thick white bandage wrapped around his eyes, forming a wall to isolate him from the sunshine. He smiled, and nodded as his response. "How are you, Jia?"

She smiled widely, eventhough he could never be able to see it. "Great! I think I am able to control this damn wheel chair better than yesterday." She did not sound too much in despair after realizing that her friend were all gone in that disaster. Cold-blooded or not, nobody will ever found out, because the shield that she had built was too thick for anyone to break through, not even psychologist if you would asked. Maybe she was trying hard to adapt to her new life.

They were the only survival in this accident. Yixing was blind, the glass shed got into both of his eyes; Sunny broke her leg, she was found under the car seat, with her legs bleeding furiously. Perhaps they were too shocked to react, because surprisingly, when the recuers had arrived, both were calm.

It took the nurses two hours to make Sunny took her first bite on the egg roll, one hours for Yixing to finish his small portion of rice. His apetite was destroyed at the moment when he realized that he had to be 'temporary blind' for a few days (the nurses could not bear to let him know the truth), it was hard for Yixing to aim his spoon properly at the bowl; She was hurt badly, both physically and mentally. What would you feel like to find out that you will never be able to move you leg, not even a centimeter even if your will is stronger than the diamond? She cried. Dancing was her favourite thing to do, her only hobby. It was. She took two hours to come back to her sense that she had to live like that for the rest of her life, she was a tough girl who accepts whatever challenges that were thrown at her, reality was cruel however she did feel a little bit better after her self-hypnotising.

They knew each other through their doctor. They felt sad for the others but at the same time glad that he/she was still alive. After knowing each other's condition, Jia decided to visit Yixing first, and because of her and her activeness Yixing finally made a new friend as his only group friend were the unfortunate teens who lost their life recently.

"What did doctor says about your eyes? Can it be removed already?" Jia tried her best to move closer to Yixing. She wanted to touch him, he seems like a clear crystle to her, flawless, however, fragile.

He shrugged helplessly.

The door opened.

Both of them turned towards the direction of the voice source, "It's Dr. Jang." She said to Yixing. "Dr. Jang! Are you here to remove Yixing's bandage?" She asked with high anticipation.

"Yes." The smile on Dr. Jang's face did not seem that natural.
 




"Now slowly open your eyes. Take your time and never rush, slow, slow.." I think you could already guess the result.


Black.


Pitch black.


Darkness.


Still that suffocating lightless space.

"..." Yixing felt extremely helpless. The cold sweat rolled down his spine, an invisible lump was chocking him. No more blue sky and green field, from the moment when he woke up in darkness, he should already made the mental preparation.

"Yixing..."

"It's okay, I am fine." He tried to give her the best smile he could, but it triggered his tear glands, a drop of crystle clear rolled down his pale cheek. That streak of wetness on his face seems just like how a drop of water wrinkled the A4 paper. The sight broke her heart.

Don't cry, she said, while grabbing on his blouse and pulled him down. Her delicate fingers reached up to his eyes, ignoring the tears, tracing each strand of his long, pretty lashes. "Let my eye be your eye." she mumbled very softly but he still manged to catch it. "Be my eye..." He muttered out the words unknowingly, perhaps deep inside his heart he had already fell for the girl, who he had never met before, but treated him like her best friend. She was positive instead of hating on the world even though this tragic acceident had changed her world.
 




A year later,

Jia moved out to a small wooden house in New Zealand, she was not alone as her new family member would be going along with her. Yixing and her had been together for almost a year.

"Lay! Stop eating your relatives." Her laughter was the music to his ears. It never failed to make him smile whenever she jokingly called him Lay. Lay chips was his favourite.

They got together not long after they were discharged from the hospital. He is that kind of man that any parents would loved to meet, he is responsible, he is kind, he is smart, he is adorable, he is hardworking, he loves her. She is the only girl on his mind, he had never seen her before, but he know she was pretty because he could felt it. Her long lashes must be curly; her hair felt so soft; her lips was soft and he loves to peck them whenever he could.

He cherished her a lot, so much. Everyday she would wake up with a kiss on her eyelids. She would smile softly at him and he would whisper 'good morning' to her. He would carried her to the kitchen afterwards and she would made him pancakes, and other favourite foods of his. They lived their days just like any newlyweds, sweet and perfect.

Everything was perfect, until three days before their first anniversary. He knocked over a chair while walking in the house and hit his head on the table edge. He lost his consious after hearing Jia shouting his name.

 

"Yixing, today is our first anniversary, I want to give you a wonderful gift, I am very sure that you will like it!" That was the first sentense when Yixing woke up from the coma. He wanted to say something but he paused for awhile when he felt the thick cotten wrapping around his head, covering his eyes again.

"Jia, wha-"

"Shh." Jia chuckled softly and placed her delicate fingers over his lips to stop him from speaking, perhaps she was scared.

Then the doctor walked in, removed the layer of cloth, asking the same questions that he had heard a year ago. He was nervous out of the sudden.

 

Light.

 

Strong light.

 

Something Yixing had not been seeing since last year. He could not adapted to it at first, after a minute or two, he realised that the figures in front of him was getting clearer, he blinked, and blinked, until he was able to see clearly. A bubbly girl was holding his hand, the moment he fixed his gaze on her face, she started to squeal. That familiar voice! That was her girl!

She looked even more beautiful in her long, pale pastel pink hair. Her orbs were so round and alluring, Yixing thought that his soul almost got taken into her through the pair of doe eyes. Skin was as pale as vanilla ice-cream, voice was as sweet as honey and that bubbly personality of hers, Yixing could not find any other better words to describe her perfection. However, something was just not right-

"Jia, you eyes-" he reached out to the white square patch that was covering her left eye.

"Uhh.. surprise! How do you feel after being able to see things again? Am I pretty?" Jia let out a sheepish chuckle, trying to direct the topic away from 'eyes'.

"Why did you do that." His voice dropped an octave, he was cleary unhappy with her decision. He thought that it was very impulsive.

"I promised to be your eye."

"Be my eye, is different from give me your eye!" Yixing grabbed onto her arms and used a small amount of force to pulled her down, making her to sit on the bed.

"I want to, I want you to be able to look at this wonderful world again! I want to capture every wonderful moment in life with you and keep them in my memory bank forever." Her sight had gotten blurry as the tears started b.

"Silly... Next time discuss with me before you do anything okay?" He cooed.

She nodded and burried her face onto his chest, letting her tears flowed.

"Baby, would you marry me?" He asked softly while combing her soft pink hair.

"Yixing..?" she looked up and blinked repeatedly upon hearing his words, she wanted to make sure that is was not just her imagination.

"Marry me. I want to keep you by my side forever." she pulled away and sat properly, then he looked into her eyes and proposed sincerely.

"I-" she wanted to say yes. She really wanted to.

 


"Meng Jia, yesterday during the surgery, I had found out a serious problem that lied inside you." The doctor told Jia during the check up after the eye surgery.

"Yes, doctor? Don't tell me that I have a weak throat or weak brain because I had been feeling dizzy, getting nausea and coughing for the past few months, so I knew what's wrong with my body." Jia chuckled.

"Way more serious than that. I guess you don't know. I am afraid that you would not able to live beyond three months from now onwards." The serious expression that plastered on the doctor's face had making Jia stressed.

"Eh?"

"It's brain cancer. There is a big tumour growing in your brain. Unfortunately it could not be removed as it is too big and been spreading everywhere is a very quick pace. You are at your last stage now." Doctor sighed and shook his head, "Be prepared." he left the stupefied Jia in the room all alone.

 


 

"Yixing I-" Jia halted when she locked her gaze with his sincere one, suddenly she lost the courage to reveal to thruth. A sudden cough from her made Yixing to broke his silence.

"Yea, did you not take a good care of yourself?" He frowned. The sight of him being worried about her had broke her heart. She knew he love her, that was why she could never make herself to bring up the cruel topic.

"I think it was because I had been drinking too much ice water recently. Heheh." She pretended to be a naughty child who refuse to listen to her parent's advise.

"Ya." Yixing thought that maybe Jia was not prepared, so he decided to drop the proposal for the time being, there were still plenty of time, he did not have to force her for an answer.

 

Soon, two months and twenty-five days had past in a blinked of an eye, Jia always changed the topic whenever he proposed to her, he never understand why.

Yixing woke upearly as usual, just when he was about to turn around and give her the morning kiss as he used to do that, he realised that she was gone. The empty space beside him was cold and neat, no warth no nothing, not a single of of her presence. He panicked. Where did his baby went. He rose up from the king size bed in a second and tumbled his way through the hall way into the living room, not even bothered to put on his clothes. A soft voice was heard from the main door, so he carefully walked towards the door and pushed the door open in a swifted movement, the next second he fainted on the cold hard ground after the abrupted 'Ahk!' of his.

"Sorry..." Jia whispered while carassing his head, still holding on the baseball bat, tears streaming down her flawless cheeks like the loosen hose.


 

It to know that you got attacked by your loved ones. It feels totally awful to find that your loved one was not beside you when you woke up after the long coma. It is very, very terrifying to realize that you suddenly abled to see with your two eyes after a years of being blind. It is super horrifying to even think that the eyes might not from a dead stranger.

Yixing broke down in fears, he forcefully pulled off the needle that was inserted into his veins, his wobbly steps had knocked over the chair beside his bed, the noises that he made had alerted the nurses and they went into his room before he could get out from it.

"Where is my Jia!" He shouted twice, using almost all of his strength, the screams was filled with deep sorrow and agony, he felt like he was about to collapse from the tensed anxiety in him.

The doctor stopped the nurses from injecting drugs into him and asked the girls to bring him over, to where his beautiful girlfriend is resting in.

 

Her eyelashes are long and pretty, the edgy eyeliner really suited her well. The tiny Swarovski crystles that was sticked around her eyes really makes her seems like a princess. Her long, pretty pale pastel pink hair are styled in big romantic curls, she looks so mature and alluring. The main thing is not about her make ups, it is the gorgeous bridal gown she is wearing, there are no diamonds and laces as decoration, just silk being sewn and tied up in different patterns as the clean design.

So pretty, so gorgeous, so mature, so beautiful, so adorable, so perfect, so amazing, so wonderful, so great. But his sleeping beauty will never wake up anymore.

"I promised to be your eye(s)!" her words seems to echo in his heart, mind, and soul endlessly.

"Why... I told you to discuss everything with me before deciding..." I thought you had promised me about that...