F I N A L

back to the start

  The knocks on the door wakes him up and he scowls because it’s Thursday: the only day in the week where he can finally sleep in. So he marches right up to the door and pulls it open, ready to politely ask the person to leave and then he can go back to sleep and –

  “Morning Joon,” Cheondoong smiles happily. “I woke you up, didn’t I?”

  and Joon really, really wants to pull the other into a tight hug but he doesn’t, and shakes his head instead.

  “Nope,” he replies cheerfully (or as cheerfully as he can anyways). “I woke up just before you came.”

  Cheondoong shrugs and invites himself into the house and plops down onto the couch. Picking up an old magazine, he flicks through the pages and orders Joon to get ready.

  “We’re going somewhere today hyung,” he says quickly, “don’t take your time. You know you are really slow.”

  So Joon rushes around, takes a shower, and finds some nice clothes. He does that all in ten minutes because time doesn’t wait for anyone and Cheondoong is there. Cheondoong’s time is precious – even more precious than Joon’s life.

  Cheondoong’s eyes light up happily as he tugs Joon towards the door. Joon his lips nervously as he glances at his watch.

  30 minutes.

  They settle into Cheondoong’s car and minutes later, they’re on the road. Cheondoong cranks the music loud, and it fills the whole car.

  25 minutes.

  Joon fiddles with his watch, watching Cheondoong from the corner of his eye. He thinks he should have brought his camera along so that he can capture the perfect moments, but he forgets. Again.

  23 minutes.

  They stop at a park, the one near the river. It’s relatively quiet – it is a Thursday after all. A Thursday where Joon can be asleep in his bed, oblivious to his surroundings. But Joon simply can’t pass the chance up: letting it pass by means enduring another week of pain and heartbreak. It means losing his soul for seven days.

  19 minutes.

  “I want to play on the swings,” Cheondoong whines, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt. Joon lets himself be pulled by the younger, a (bitter) smile playing on his lips.

  He wishes and dreams that Cheondoong will stay forever like this. Innocent, beautiful, and breathing.

  14 minutes.

  A light pink paints itself across Cheondoong’s pale cheeks. Joon’s lips tilts upwards as he sees the lights in Cheondoong’s ­­­­­­­eyes. A fuzzy warmth tickles his heart and he wonders if they can stay that way forever.

  All he wants is Cheondoong by his side.

  13 minutes.

  “Hyung,” Cheondoong laughs. “You look so serious. I’ll go get us ice-cream to cheer you up. My treat. Wait here okay?”

  Joon nods numbly; his mind is fixed on one thing. No matter what he does, the result is always the same.

  Because no matter what, Destiny is always stronger than Fate.

  In a while, he’ll be made to wait again – for one whole week.

  He feels Cheondoong’s fingers slipping out of his hand, and he can’t help but think it’s a goodbye in this world.

  It’s not forever, but it is in a way.

  8 minutes.

  Staring ahead, all he sees is Cheondoong’s shadow. He desperately wants to hold Cheondoong tight, never let him go but –

  Destiny has always been cruel to him.

  5 minutes.

  He closes his eyes, because it can’t hurt any more than it does. He doesn’t need to see to know that another scar is going to be drawn on his heart, that another burn is going to appear on his fingers.

  3 minutes.

  Vaguely, he wonders why he’s chosen for this. What sin has he committed, he asks himself. Is it love? Is he wrong to love?

  It’s going to be a forever, it’s going to be a goodbye.

  He can imagine Cheondoong smiling like a fool (“I’m a fool in love with you,” he always says. “I’m a fool for you.”), walking down as though there’s nothing wrong with the world.

  He’s happy, Joon thinks, and that’s all the reassurances he needs.

  0

  The screams and shouts of horror ring clear in his ears. A wave of nausea hit him – he wishes that he can pretend.

 He can’t.

  It takes him too much courage for him to walk forward.

  Then he sees is blood.

  There’s a pool of blood, and Cheondoong is lying in the middle of it. Even in such gruesome moments, he still manages to look gorgeous.

  Before he knows it, he’s kneeling down; his fingers run through Cheondoong’s hair gently, he traces the shape of Cheondoong’s lips.

  And he’s crying.

  It doesn’t matter how many times he’s seen the scene, it still breaks him. And the worse part is that it just pulls him apart slowly, picking of strands of his sanity slowly.

 

 

 

  But it’s not forever.

 

 

 

  0:00

  Joon wakes up reluctantly; the person knocking on his door won’t stop. It's Thursday: the only day of the week where he can sleep in.

 

 At the back of his mind he wonders how long it will take for him to finally fall apart.


 

 

  I'm really sorry! This is probably my worst... I was hoping it would turn out at least okay but no.... And I made you wait so long too! I'm really sorry.