Chapter 1 UPDATED

Guilty hysteria

 

My mother quickly ran outside and hid the knife block.

That was the first sign. Two nights ago, i didn't pay attention that much, but what really is wrong at sight is that my suitcase were placed on the kitchen table. It was an actual event. The suitcase seem full with i don't know whose clothes in there. There's nothing missing from my closet, it's like untouched. Probably it wasn't mine. I checked the suitcase out of curiousity and what i saw inside was new clothes, skinny jeans with a price tag still intact and new clothings and shoes..but wait..i'm the only child in this house..father won't fit into these clothes..ohh noo. Then theres this particular muscle tank..where it is really fire-engine red. The colour of Jonghyun's blood which splatter all over the kitchen tiles. As i watched his lifeless body slide onto the floor, blood flowing out of the stabbed wound.

 

That red blood. I closed the suitcase, walking slowly back to my room. I curled my toes on the cold floor, the humid is totally killing me right now. The air-conditioner was set too low, and i could get a migrane sooner. We were a block away from the beach, so you can feel  the breezy and warm air. These days mother never open the window anymore. I turned around, i didn't feel like cramping myself in my room anymore, i will slowly die of heat .I'm not used to warm, i live in cold seasons every year. I walked towars the couch where my parents were busy ignoring me and the goose bumps i got due to the artificial cold air..and mostly the space where Jonghyun..died. Then i felt something strange like a high pitch voice screaming. i kept my back to it. Didn't dare to even look back.

My father is busy on his phone while mother is with her knitting bussiness or something like that. Mother's hand kept shaking and the needle poke right onto her skin, blood gushin g out and spreading. I cleared my throat, and father looked up at me. Mother busily rubbing of the blood, didn't even give a that i was here. The reason i hate her. "appa..you sending me to Seoul," i said. I wanted it to sound like an accused but it sounded like a question. Mother frowned, gosh stop it. She was mumbling to herself, while cleaning the cottons. She make her way to the kitchen without noticing that the kitchen was pulsating. Dad spoke after a long silent moment. "Taemin, you know that we're very fortunate, they don't accept any applications after months of schooling starts, but given the reasons..they accept you"

"Reasons?" i asked, but he didn't even bother replying. "Bull" i mumbled. what the will be his reasons to convince the school to accept me? 'We have a reason to let our son to study and stay here, being that he killed his boyfriend in our kitchen..and our neighbour aren't pleased with it around here, you see' He could changed the reason but in the end it was me who hold the knife and Jonghyun dying on the floor. Stupid jerk.

Mother walked back from the kitchen, drying her hands on a dish towel. "eommonie?" i asked. This wasn't the first and the last time dad had tried to send applications to Seoul high. I mean everytime when i was younger back then, he will drag me to his school reunion, golf tournaments and all those bad stuffs just to convince me that one day he'll get rid of me and leave me hanging in the ty old boarding school of his. I mean come on..he is an alumni of the school, i know he is the top scorer and what will happen to me? always be the attention of teachers and principal. eurghh i don't like it.

"Over my dead body," mother had said back then. Now she won't still look at me. She open the knitting box and start on a new fresh cloth, "it's a fresh start," thats what she said. But she lied, what she meant was..Any dead body would do. 

~

I ran back up to my room, i dialed Key's number. Someone answered and promptly hung up. I tried calling his phone, voice mail. Key is still grounded in his bedroom fo' sure. I mean it's already a month..that is way long for his history of getting grounded. First, he gotten an house arrest after a night trying to sneak out, second, copying a latter's answer sheet on a Maths test and that one time, he stole his mom's credit card and purchase a huge clothing haul and BAM he got caught. But i was with him, i always ran if the police are near.

I always ran.

This punishment was going on six weeks. Six freaking weeks for just ONE lie. What is ing wrong with his parents? No matter what he told the police, i won't get charged. That's what my family's lawyer told me. He'd been here for the week, when the knife block was still on the kitchen counter and my parents left their Bedroom door unlocked. Lee Jinki or Onew or something. Very young for a lawyer in my eyes, but who even gives a ?

"Lee Taemin, Taemin" he said, scanning my leg and body, he really does freak me out, with that smile. Very goofy, it's like he wants me under him..or should i say..he wants me to him? eww.

But what ever it is, Mother and father won't even pay a single attention on me. Their mouths wide open and salivating for the big news from Mr Jinki. "It's over" he said.

Wait..it's over?

"What do you mean?" i stattered, looking at Onew. Onew stretched his arms out onto his sides and waved them around, smiling widely. What the hell? "The cases are gone, nobody actually knew  you were the one who kill Mr. Jonghyun," he whispered right into my ears. I stared at him, giving him a glare. The lawyer's gaze slid down onto my arm and down onto my crotch, where i felt it burning with his stare. I pointed him my middle finger. "er," i snarled. He grinned.

 

"Based on you evidences," he came near me, slightly rubbing his arm on mine. I shivered. "The court's are satisfied!" he shouted, gaining my parent's attention. "Really?!" i could hear that annoying voice of my mother, erghh shut up! "The victim was commiting a felony," he continued, i glanced back shocked to see my parents looking at the kitchen. No, they were looking past it. At the door. "As such, the homicide is just justifiable." 

Mother kept saying inbetween pauses like, "how wonderful" and "Fantastic" but i could tell she wasn't listening anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to follow my instinct to lokk at the kitchen behind me. It didn't matter. I still feel it burned inside my eyelids. There's like this maroon dented tile in the middle of the white tiles in the kitchen. That is the leftover of Jonghyun's blood. which splatter around the kitchen. I could see like a little granite island in the middle. The knife block, now missing one knife. The door..backdoor towards the garden.

Homicide.

I heard mother searching through her stuff inside the cabinet, Father sending Onew back to his car. And that night, i went down to grab a can of soda, the entire knife block was missing. I snuck out the back door, nope not the kitchen but the laundry one. I didn't care it was windy, i walked arm folded across my stomach with the can soda on my right hand, until i reached the intersection two blocks away. I paused, took a deep breathe and ran. I didn't turn my head, but i still saw the black toyotacar sittng in the corner with the plate number i recognised where i knew it would be.

Exactly two hundred yards from my front door. Where it had been everyday since. I barely caught a glimpse, as i ran and ran. But i still could feel my neck burning from her stare, the hatred. I felt her hate. I didn't have to look ot feel it. I never looked.

I kept running until i reached the backyard of Key's house. I didn't feel safe until i open Key's high wooden gate and i reached into his house. The house was one level but it was very wide inside. and its window wde open in this hour. "Key," i whispered into his bedroom window. He had his music turned up and face turned away, blond hair bounced up and down to the rythm of the music. Yet somehow he knew i was there, he spun around glanced at the wide open door, and sent me a quick hand signal. A twist of his first two fingers. A cross of his wrist. Signalling me to the nearest hanging place. I nodded.

I let myself out of the house and walk another two blocks to the Teen palace, where all the teenager goes. I was slouched against the cold wall in the skate area. He sank down beside me on the pavement. He was nothing like, and 100% not like me. Key was slightly pale with the hot pink snapback cap he wore, with those flower-like lips and blond hair. I have just straight body, a brown dyed hair.

People still got us confused, i mean like what? we're very different in appearence, he is way into fashion street and stuff..and i could say i'm into everything? bleh. Maybe the way we walk? talk? We've been inseperable since his family moved here last 5 years, yep 5 year of friendship. 

Key laced his finger in mine, and leaned his head back on the wall. "I'm grounded for life Taemin-ah..we couldn't have anymore ing interaction anymore, what will you do without me?" "They're sending me away," I said, my voice wavering. Key released my hand and stood up. "Sending you where? did the lawyer came back?" I shook my head and stood. "Not prison. Boarding School." Key in a giant breathe and placed his hands onto my should and exhale, "NO!"

"Yes, Seoul Boarding school. My father's old school" he shook his head vigorously. "No no ing way, this isn't happening" I started to panic the way he panic right now. "Jun-hyu" I said, forcing a smile. Trying to force him to smile. "Who could blame you?"

He cried, i could only stare at him. "" he wiped his tears. "Don't c-cry" i whispered, pulling him to long hug.  He cried onto my shoulder, and i felt the lump in my throat like i was going to cry too, but nothing come out. I held on tight, reasonably sure that i would never love a human like how i love him. Mr Key.

Someone leaned out a car window and whistled. We both shot him the middle finger. And Key's hand tighten around me. Standing around the corners where a group of guys, i mean who wouldn't turn on when 2 cute guys hugging?  Key dig his finger onto my back, i whimpered. 

Heechul, Sulli and Minho.  Jonghyun's little brother, Minho. I did a double take before i realised it was him. Even though Minho is 2 years younger than Jonghyun and the same year with me, he had the same body build like Jonghyun but much more Taller and those classy pair of eyes.

Empty now..just like Jonghyun's.

They didn't speak. Minho stood still i wondered if he was breathing at all, he was just staring at the blank space. I noticed his fingers on his left hand keep twitching. Sulli stared straight me, but not making any eye contact. Heechul dropped his hands by his side, making the chocolate on the smoothie sloshed out, running down to his knuckles. Without any communicating with each other, they formed into a circle. Moving away from the dirty sides of the drain. We join in. 

Key staggered for words, putting his palm out infront of him. We shuffled closer, the only one who seemed to be thinking anything for himself was Minho, probably nothing good. I could see Minho eyebrows twitched. 

"Heechul," Key said, biting his lips seductively. Heechul jerked abit after lookoing at Key doing that, checking Key out. Key could get any guys he wants, even straight with just a bite on his lips and a seductive stare. I've once been trapped with those stares. Key was tilting his head abit with another grinned in his hips, taking all of our attention even Minho. I bet we all are right now.

"Get out of here Key" Heechul snarled. Key smirked, "yeah we're gone," he gripped me by the waist and walk away. I brushed Minho's shoulder as i passed, and he went stunned, i could see the tension in his muscle. We got back to his crib. I heard his foot scrambled as he climbed back to his bedroom. So weak. I chuckled.

I'm back at my home now, the television is on with mother and father sitting on the sofa. As usual, they are doing their own bussiness. I walk to the kitchen wanting to grab a can of soda. When i feel this presence..like a ghost..as i open the fridge. I didn't know that i step onto the remaining of the unbleached tile. I feel uncomfortable right now. 

I glanced to the door, somehow i could see the fingerprint..i thought Mother paint over  it already? I hope mother will come in soon, and have a chat with me, but no, she went to her bedroom with father. Rude. 

I kept standing around the corner of the kitchen, just stared at the tile. Hoping that a ghost will popped out like what the movies do. 

~

I was supposed to meet Jonghyun right now, like what he always said, when we're together it's timeless. His friends and I are going to the Bowling alley. He promised me that he would teach me to play and watch him compete with other people.

I was waiting at the lobby, until i feel this warm pair of arm wrapping me. Jonghyun's pair of arms wrapped around me, placing his head on my shoulder whispering, "hey," and i could tell his smiling by his voice. Then he pulled me back, he tightened the hold. "Sorry guys, this guy is mine" I smile while i heard he calls me his. "Yah.." i nudged him still in his arms as he place little kisses on my neck.

"Bye," I mouth to Key. I walked back with Jonghyun's arm around me. 

But now, i felt that everytime i walked into this kitchen.. i feel suffocating. Like the usual when Jonghyun hug me. I could feel his arm tightened around me. I miss his embrace. He was squeezing and squeezing until i'm out of breathe.

I felt the whisperings around the room. "He's mine" cross all over the kitchen. Deafening sound. The whispering grazing through my skin, my legs and my hands. Mine. He's mine. 

I shivered and take the can from the table. Walking out from the kitchen. Don't go. It whispered.

I popped out some sleeping pills, my phone charger on the side table. Then i swallowed the pills and waited until i felt the sensation, my limbs sluggish and heavy, wanting me to lay back to the mattress. I stared at the ceiling, every single night hoping that one day he appear. Now i caught a glimpse of his outline outside my wardrobe. I kept the comforter up to my chin, to be honest, i'm freaking scared.

The word "mine" whispered onto my skin. I heard it coming, for the first time. Faraway at first. Downstairs somewhere. Stomp..stomp stomp.. coming closer. Slowly and steady. I couldn't help since i'm half awake and half asleep, i'm imagining it. I couldn't keep my eyes open yet. I didn't want to, anyway.

Because it was here.

stomp..stomp..stomp

My whole room shake with it. The beating of his hideous heart along with the footstep. Eyes clouding with confusion. A soothing voice of Jonghyun, pleading. "Taemin-ah please" the word, "no" dying on his mouth. The blood on the floor, the blood on my hands. The door i pushed against it, staining it bright red. The night. Even in my dream i hide. I always hide.

 

A/n: So i pull all the chapters into one..and this is Chapter no. 1 :D Yep subscribe please? :)