Oneshot

or ?

When I decided to help my mom with her after school tutoring program, I thought, why not. It was something to put on my resume as I was hoping to be a teacher. Currently I was in my first year of college but to be honest I missed high school. So that was another bonus. But little did I know that they would come into my life.

I walked into my mom’s classroom and saw the students had yet to arrive. My mom taught students in their first year of high school. So these kids were technically only two to three years younger. But all of them were . And that only mattered when they walked in.

“Hello Mrs. Jang, we are here for tutoring,” two boys said simultaneously.

I turned to see two boys who I couldn’t help find attractive. One had hair that was dyed to be a platinum blond. The other had black hair. Both however, had eyes that just got to me.

“Hello boys! This is my daughter, Mina. She will be helping with the tutoring. Now Mina, I have a staff meeting. Do you think you can handle these two on your own?”

I stared at my mom with my mouth hanging wide open. I was supposed to be alone with these guys?

“You mean tutor by myself?”

“It’s easy. They know what they need to work on. It’s only these two boys that come to me on Mondays so no need to feel overwhelmed.”

My mom left me alone with the two adorable boys and I gave a shy smile. I’m not good with cute boys. I tend to embarrass myself… a lot.

“Hi,” I said. That was a good start. “What are you names?”

“I’m Jungkook,” the black haired boy said. “And everyone just calls him Zelo.”

“Well then let’s get started.”

They each took a seat in the front row and I brought over my mom’s chair from her desk and managed to miss the seat on my way down. I hit the floor and the two boys rushed to help me up.

“Are you okay?” they chorused as they helped me up.

I noticed I was staring into the beautiful eyes of Jungkook and knew I was nowhere near okay.

“I’m fine,” I said brushing off my pants and making sure my actually reached the chair this time.

The boys took out their math text books and I saw they were working with logarithms.

“I love working with logarithms!”

The two boys each gave me a look and I cursed myself. That was not cool whatsoever. Though, I shouldn’t be trying to impress them in the first place. I began working with them and kept my eyes on the paper.

“Noona, my head hurts, can we take a break?” Zelo pouted and I nearly died.

, I reminded myself. .

“Sure,” I said.

I got up from the chair and excused myself for a moment. Outside the room I gave myself a pep talk and quick “fighting” before heading back inside.

“Noona, do you have a boyfriend?” Jungkook asked.

I froze at his question and looked at the floor. .

“No, I’m not too fond of college guys,” I answered.

“Oh, so you like high school guys?” Zelo sounded hopeful and I couldn’t help but curse in my mind.

.

“I guess you could say I like younger guys,” I tried to play it off like it was nothing. They could sense I was nervous.

“Noona, perhaps… do you like us?” Jungkook’s smirk killed me.

How does one who is young like him learn to smirk like that and just kill me? Not. Fair.

“Ridiculous!” I shouted. “I just met you for one. And not to mention you boys are only starting high school. Sure, our ages are at the most a three year difference, but I’m pretty sure my mom would kill me if I dated someone in your grade. And she’d especially kill me if it was one of her students.”

I kept repeating it over and over in my head. They were . My mom came back and I gave her a hug.

“Sorry mom. I have to go. But I will be back tomorrow to tutor different students.”

That night I couldn’t get the boys out of my head. It’s bad enough to have one of them on my mind, but both? Hopefully there are some girls to tutor tomorrow.

The next day I headed into my mom’s classroom feeling confident about the day. The confidence was flushed away at the sight of… them.

“I thought they come on Mondays,” I whispered to my mom.

“Well they were having extra trouble with tonight’s assignment. Mind helping them since you already started with them yesterday? I’ll take the girls.”

My mom headed over to the three girls and I sighed as I turned to the boys. They were smiling at me innocently. Those boys. Those boys. I sat at one of the desks and crossed my arms.

“You don’t need help, do you?” I asked.

“No, but we wanted to invite you to this dance competition that we are entering. Fans are always welcome and we wanted to show you that we are more than just kids.”

I should have said no. I really should have. But they were so cute and their eyes were filled with hope and I wound up saying yes. Jungkook and Zelo cheered and I rolled my eyes. These boys.

 

I finished getting dressed and began putting on my makeup. To think that I was getting dressed up for two boys. I still hadn’t decided which I liked better. They each had something about them.

“Going out?”

I jumped hearing my mom and messed up my eyeliner. I sighed and turned to her.

“Yeah there is this little dance battle going on and I have some friends that are in it.”

Which isn’t a lie. We’d all been hanging out all week and I’d call us friends.

“Don’t stay out too late,” my mom warned.

“Don’t worry I’m pretty sure their bed time is earlier than mine.”

Another thing to add to the list of why this was wrong. At least it wasn’t a school night. I noticed my mom was giving me a look but I tried my best to ignore it as I fixed my makeup. Once I was all cute and ready to go, I headed on out to meet the two. The battle was at a sketchy looking warehouse and they stamped your hand once you paid the five dollar entry fee.

I looked around for Jungkook and Zelo and found them stretching in a corner. I walked over to them and gave a little wave. They attacked me with a hug the moment they saw me, making me feel awkward. Two cute boys were hugging me. What did I do to deserve this heaven-like feeling?

“Good luck to both of you,” I said.

They let go of me and stepped back, giving me a smile. But it wasn’t a cute one that made me want to pinch their cheeks. It was devious. No, mischievous. Oh gosh what were they thinking?

“Noona, we have a bet to make with you,” Zelo said.

I’d regret it but I went along with it anyway.

“What’s the bet?” I asked.

“If one of us wins, you have to give us a kiss,” Jungkook said.

I rolled my eyes. Figures.

“I haven’t seen you dance so it’s not fair. But if we make it a kiss on the cheek then I’ll take it.”

The two shook their heads at me.

“Lips,” they demanded.

“Cheek,” I argued.

I crossed my arms and dared them to argue back.

“Lips.”

They each gave me a cute look and I had to look away. I can’t succumb to the cuteness. I refuse to.

“Please, Noona? One kiss?”

I looked at them out of the corner of my eye. Big mistake.

“Fine,” I gave in. “One kiss on the lips if one of you wins 1st place.”

We shook on it and the battle soon started after that. I learned that they were really good. So good, that the last two standing were Jungkook and Zelo. It was just my luck.

They looked my way and each winked at me. I should have died right there and then.

“No hard feelings when I crush you?” Jungkook asked.

Zelo laughed and shook his head.

“No, I think I’m the one needing to make sure that you aren’t upset when I make Noona mine.”

As I watched the battle unfold in front of me, it all came to me. I knew who I wanted to win. I didn’t cheer out loud but kept chanting his name in my mind. There was no way I’d let them know who I was rooting on. Not until after the results were given.

“And the winner is…”

I froze with anticipation as the MC paused for dramatic effect. Say Jungkook. Please say Jungkook.

“Zelo!”

My jaw dropped in shock. I thought Jungkook was the better dancer. Then again, what did I know about dance? I tried not to show my disappointment as I walked out to congratulate Zelo.

“You did great,” I told him.

“And with the cash prize I’m taking you out to dinner,” Zelo said.

I tried to smile and be happy but I’d made my decision. Zelo closed his eyes and puckered up and I looked over at Jungkook to see he’d already left the circle and was making his way outside. I leaned in and gave Zelo a quick peck before running off to get Jungkook. I heard Zelo complain behind me but I had to catch up to Jungkook.

He was just outside when I caught up to him and hugged him from behind.

“You were great,” I told him.

I heard him sigh and he removed my arms away.

“Don’t you want to celebrate with Zelo? Clearly he is the better dancer.”

Jungkook tried to walk away but I grabbed his hand and stopped him.

“Actually, I wanted you to win.”

He looked at me with wide eyes, not sure if he’d heard me right.

“The bet was a kiss for the winner. But that didn’t mean I’d date the winner. I really shouldn’t date either of you. But I want to celebrate you’re 2nd place with dinner. That is if you want to.”

Jungkook didn’t say anything and took his hand away from mine. He looked behind me and I turned to see Zelo standing in the doorway.

“Go,” he said. He gave us a sad smile. “I won the battle but it looks like you won the war. I’ll go find a girl in there to celebrate with.”

I ran up and thanked Zelo with a hug before returning to Jungkook’s side.

“You want to go?” I asked.

“Yes,” he smiled. “I do. But Zelo are you sure?”

“Dude, I got to kiss her tonight. You can have dinner but in my book I won.”

Jungkook took my hand and we headed out to my car to celebrate tonight.