Final~

You Fattie!

"Cheesecake!" Daehyun shouted as he shot up from his bed. He turned to his left and was quite disappointed when he found that his girlfriend wasn't next to him. "Where is Jihye?" Daehyun pouted. He jumped out of bed and walked around the apartment calling her name but he didn't get a single response. Daehyun walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone. He was about to call her until he saw a sticky note stuck to the fridge:

 

Hi, oppa! Sorry but I had to go to 

work earlier today. I've got some things

to edit. I left some breakfast in the fridge, 

just heat it up. Love you!

 

- Jihye

 

Daehyun sighed and opened the fridge to search for breakfast. He found a glass container filled with rice, fried tofu, and some kimchi. He smiled to himself when he saw the beautifully prepared food. Although it was a simple, small meal, he really appreciated it. Daehyun happily heated up the container and ate the food. When he checked the calendar, he realized something, "Oh. It's my birthday today." He double checked Jihye's note and found that there was nothing about his birthday, "Even though I forgot, Jihye wouldn't forget. She's never forgotten..." This dampened his mood, how could his girlfriend forget about his birthday??

 

Daehyun wanted to wait at home for Jihye to return but he had work to go to as well. He slipped on a pair of navy blue jeans and a white, graphic tee then walked headed out the door to the TS Entertainment building. "Morning, hyung," Jongup greeted as he walked into the practice room.

 

Daehyun waved, "Morning." He walked into the practice room and found an amazing cheesecake on the table and his jaw dropped, "I-It's beautiful!" 

 

"I figured you'd like it," Youngjae laughed from behind. 

 

Daehyun flung himself onto the younger boy, "I love it!" 

 

"Alright, alright. We're saving it for after practice, birthday boy," Yongguk said as he patted Daehyun on the back. 

 

Daehyun frowned as he stared longingly at the cake, "Can't we eat it now?" 

 

"Nope," Himchan shook his head. "It's your reward for after practice alright?" 

 

Daehyun shook his head, "You people are evil." He began stretching and warming up along with the other B.A.P boys. As much as Daehyun wanted to focus on work, he just couldn't. How could Jihye forget his birthday?? I mean it's HIS birthday, how could his own girlfriend forget? 

 

Practice started and they working on the choreography for their new song. By the end of the first song, Daehyun wanted to collapse. Still no calls or texts from Jihye. Did she really forget about his birthday? What did he do to deserve his girlfriend forgetting his birthday? "Get up, Daehyun! We still have to practice. You that hungry already?" Youngjae kicked at Daehyun with his foot. 

 

"I'm not hungry! Okay maybe I am but that's not why i'm like this," Daehyun frowned. "My jagiya forgot my birthday!" 

 

Zelo shook his head, "I don't think that Jihye noona would forget about your birthday." 

 

"She did! She left early this morning for work and she hasn't called or texted me at all today, not even one little happy birthday message. She hasn't even sent me a message on kakao!" Daehyun cried out. 

 

Zelo looked at Daehyun disappointedly, "Hyung is such a baby." 

 

"Yup," Jongup nodded in agreement. 

 

Youngjae sighed, "Aish. You two will understand when you have a girlfriend of your own. I am agreeing with Zelo though, I doubt Jihye would forget about your birthday, that isn't like her." 

 

"She hasn't talked to me all day! I miss my jagiya," Daehyun rolled onto his stomach and hid his face on the floor. 

 

Himchan kicked his , "Get up, you lazy idiot. I'm sure that Jihye is just busy, you said she had to go to work early today. How do you last when we're travelling around?" 

 

"Jihye sends me cute pictures of her day and stuff," Daehyun answered matter-of-factly. 

 

Yongguk shook his head, "TIME TO PRACTICE OR NO CHEESECAKE!" And with that, Daehyun began to dance his heart out. 

 

*******

 

"It's soooooooo good!" Daehyun commented happily as he took another bite of cheesecake. 

 

Zelo smiled proudly, "I chose it." 

 

"Don't get so big headed now, maknae," Himchan flicked the younger's forehead. Zelo frowned and rub the spot that Himchan had flicked him. Daehyun checked his phone then his iPod to see if Jihye had sent him any messages but still, nothing. "Don't worry so much,  Daehyun-ah. I'm sure Jihye's just busy," Himchan said as he patted Daehyun's back. Daehyun sighed and nodded before slipping his phone back in his pocket. 

 

Daehyun put on his sunglasses, "I think I'm gonna go home for dinner, I'll see you guys tonight for dinner alright?" 

 

"Alright, walk home safely," Yongguk called out. Daehyun nodded and waved goodbye then headed back home. It was now 3 o'clock in the afternoon and still not a single message from Jihye. No texts, no kakao talk messages, not even a single call. He couldn't help but wonder, did she really forget?? 

 

Daehyun ruffled his hair, frustrated, "No, Jihye wouldn't forget. She's just busy...yeah...busy...with another guy?? No! Stop it, Daehyun! You're getting way too paranoid. Jihye would never cheat on someone as awesome as you!" 

 

*******

 

"Noona!" Zelo called out happily as Jihye made her way into the practice room. 

 

Jihye smiled, "Hi, Zelo-ah. Have you seen Daehyunnie? I wanted to surprise him at work for his birthday..." 

 

"I knew she didn't forget his birthday! That idiot!" Himchan shouted happily as he jumped out of his seat.

 

Youngjae looked down at the floor and rubbed the nape of his neck sheepishly, "Daehyun went home early today because he thought you forgot about his birthday so he was feeling really sad..."

 

"Aish, that idiot. I was just busier at work today since Exo M is only in Seoul today and I had to go to their early photo shoot. And to think that I was going to surprise him today with my homemade macarons...what kind of girlfriend would I be if I forgot his birthday?? Geez does he think that badly of me?" Jihye let out a sigh of frustration. 

 

Yongguk patted her back, "Just go back to the apartment, I'm sure he'll be there and happy to see you." Jihye nodded excitedly then waved goodbye and ran out of the TS Entertainment building. 

 

*******

 

"Daehyunnie, happy birthday!" Jihye shouted happily as she stepped into their apartment.

 

Daehyun stared at her blankly, "Where have you been all day? You didn't once call or text me. I was worried, I thought you might be with another guy." 

 

"I told you that I was at work! Why on Earth would I be with another guy?? Do you think that I'm cheating on you??" Jihye replied in disbelief with her hands on her hips. 

 

Daehyun soon realized what he had actually said, "N-No, jagi it's just....you're always working with other idols and you're so pretty. I know what some of them have tried to ask you out before. You always take such good care of me sometimes I just feel like I'm not good enough for you...you're too good for me and I don't want to lose you and I just..." 

 

"Awwww. Daehyun, you idiot. Why are you thinking like that, hmm? I love you and only you, not someone else. You silly boy," Jihye softened and she wrapped her arms around him. 

 

He hugged her back and kissed the top of her head, "Sorry if I hurt you, jagi. I'm also sorry for thinking that you'd forget my birthday...I love you." 

 

"I love you to. You better not doubt me anymore," Jihye harrumphed. 

 

Daehyun chuckled and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead, "I won't. So...what's in the box?" 

 

"Nothing...just my homemade macarons," Jihye replied nonchalantly with a smirk. 

 

Daehyun's jaws dropped and he hugged her tighter, "I love you! This is the best birthday ever! The guys bought me cheesecake and now I have your homemade macarons!" 

 

"You already had cheesecake???" Jihye's jaw dropped. Daehyun simply nodded, "Aish you fattie!" 

 

Daehyun chortled and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and buried his face in the crook of her neck, "But I'm a fattie you love." 

 

"Since it's your birthday, I won't say anything else," Jihye gave him. 

 

Daehyun kissed the crook of her neck, "Thank you, jagi. Oh and we're going out to dinner with the boys..." 

 

"Aish...I get to eat dinner with six boys huh?" Jihye shook her head but couldn't hide the smile slowly spreading across her face. Today was really quite a day...