Falling For You

Fan Service

A/N: Yes, an author's note before the story!  For anyone who plans to read this, I truly hope you enjoy it!  I've been wanting to write this fic for a couple weeks now, but I finally found the time to do so last night!  Needless to say, at about 2:30am, I fell asleep.  So what's the most logical thing to do?! FINISH IT AT 3:45AM THE NEXT DAY!  Yes, I'm illogical.  Yes, I'll probably regret it when I get up for work.

But it's all for you. <3  So here's the story!

 

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

 

A cheerful sea of EXOtics could be heard fanchanting as the twelve boys stood in position under a dim, shadowy light.  As they prepared hard for their appearance on Music Bank, it also did no more to keep the adrenaline down knowing that they could potentially snag their first possible win.  From a silhouette tree to howling, alarmingly handsome wolves, the twelve boys managed to pull off their victory.  Tears were shed and excitement remained throughout the group, as they headed for a night on the town.  After all, they deserved to have one night after the many tiresome nights and days put into this comeback.

 

After their meal, the boys decided to go out to a noraebang.  Despite the legalities, Kai and Sehun begged their manager to sneak in some beer before Sehun evilly kicked their manager to the curb.  Luckily for the group of guys, their room was VIP and secluded from the world, as if the twelve boys were the only ones that existed in the world.  The next day was a fan signing, so if they wanted to let out some steam, they had to make it quick.

 

About an hour into the songs and drinking, about half of the members had passed out.  Another half an hour later, there were two lone survivors: Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.  Despite the former's short and rather shy exterior, with the help of alcohol shone a bubbly and y side; a side that nobody has ever seen before.  That is, until drunk Kyungsoo met drunk Chanyeol.  For the first few minutes after everyone passed out, Chanyeol slurred something almost incoherent toward Kyungsoo.  The shorter turned at him, bit on his bottom lip, and then continued staring at the screen waiting for the next song to appear.

 

The next song that was requested to play was Bruno Mars' Billionaire.  As soon as the song started blaring through the speakers, a rather wobbly Chanyeol stood up and mumbled, "Hey I requested this kekeke!" as he fell onto his bottom on the floor.  Kyungsoo couldn't stop laughing at the resident happy virus, as he snatched the microphone and started singing loudly to the music.  Despite his voice being two or three notches louder than his normal singing, nobody else in the room woke up.  Chanyeol continued giggling as he stuck his left hand into his pocket and whipped out his phone.

 

"Yeollie-yah!  So rude texting," Kyungsoo blurted out during the first rapping section.  The shorter male, after all, knew that it was best that he didn't rap.

 

"Buuut it's a guitar app Kyunggieee," Chanyeol slurred, smiling as brightly as always.  He pressed a few buttons and the sound of guitars strumming could be heard.  Kyungsoo got up from his seat and plopped down next to the taller male.  His wide doe eyes stared at the phone, almost as if he were witnessing magic.

 

"It's a miracle, Yeollie!" Kyungsoo clapped excitedly as he once again grabbed the microphone to sing.  This time, the recorded background was accompanied by Chanyeol's guitar app.  As the song came to a close, the boys clapped for themselves and gave each other a high-five. 

 

With about ten minutes left, Kyungsoo the neat freak stood up to start cleaning the room.  Because he rushed up too quickly, the shorter male lost his footing and started wobbling at the knees.  Kyungsoo grabbed the nearest thing to him for support, but failed as he came tumbling down into Chanyeol's lap.

 

Chanyeol laughed at the fallen male as the latter's face started to redden so badly, it looked like a sunburn.  As Kyungsoo covered his face, the happy giant used both of his hands to move Kyungsoo's hands.  When Chanyeol's hands made contact with Kyungsoo's the latter's heart seemingly skipped a beat.  He hiccupped, as his doe eyes widened and turned back toward the happy virus.  At that moment, the two boys' fingers entwined as the taller leaned in and placed a small peck on the shorter male's lips.  It was a paralyzing, but breathtaking moment, as Kyungsoo could neither find the strength to kiss back nor find the strength to get off of Chanyeol's lap immediately.

 

Everything else that happened that night was a blur.

 

The next morning, EXO had a fan signing to attend.  All twelve boys woke up to a major hangover, but it was nothing that hangover soup couldn't cure.  Kyungsoo's memory started to clear up, and he eventually remembered the fall he had taken the previous night.  The fall that caused him to land in a certain happy virus' lap.  A fall that caused this sudden fluttering of the heart that didn't seem to go away.

 

Kyungsoo started adding the finishing touches to the soup, as a certain wolf embraced him in a back hug.

 

"Good morning, hyung," that sensual voice whispered.

 

At the sound of that voice, Kyungsoo yelped.  "Jongin-ah!  Aish, you scared me!"

 

Jongin giggled as he reached for the coffee pot.  "It's what the fans want, Kyunggie hyung!"  He grabbed a bowl of soup and sat down at the counter.  "Awooooo, my head," Jongin howled, "it hurts!"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head as the other boys started to dog pile into the room one by one.  Eventually, there were eleven of them in the room.

 

"Where's Yeollie?" Baekhyun barked while wolfing down his soup.  Kyungsoo had never seen such a divaish, elegant male eat so barbarically.

 

"I'll go look for him," Yixing mumbled, mouth full of vegetables.

 

"Hyung, it's okay.  Kyunggie is already up," Sehun smiled deviously, as if he knew something everyone else didn't know.  That glint in Sehun's eyes spoke a thousand words.  Sehun knew what happened.  Because of that, the elder's stomach dropped.

 

"Y-yeah, I'll go find him," Kyungsoo stuttered.  "He's probably still sleeping, but I should get him up."

 

"Araso eomma," Sehun smirked, "appa is missing breakfast!" Sehun muttered under his breath.

 

Just as Kyungsoo was about to leave the kitchen and dining area, he walked face first into a giant.

 

"Yah, Kyunggie!" Chanyeol spat irritably.  "Watch it!"

 

"S-sorry, Yeollie-yah." Kyungsoo apologized as he rubbed his nose.  He decided to jot down a mental note to remind him not to speed walk in the dorm.

 

When Chanyeol realized that Kyungsoo was walking in the opposite direction of everyone else, the taller male followed him.  "Kyunggie?  I-I'm sorry."

 

The shorter male turned around and stared at him straight in the eyes and smiled.  "For what?" he sniffled.

 

"F-for everything.  I didn't mean it, for last night to happen."  Chanyeol ruffled his fingers through his hair as he half-smiled at Kyungsoo, reassuring him to act as if everything were normal.

 

"It's alright," Kyungsoo half-smiled back.  Deep inside, however, Kyungsoo felt his heart ache.

 

As the two headed toward the dining area, most of the boys were already done eating.  A few of them turned around to say good morning to their live-in happy virus.

 

"Good morning, Yeollie," Baekhyun spoke, aegyo radiating through his skin.  Kyungsoo didn't understand why, but he suddenly had the urge to puke.  On Baekhyun's face.

 

"What the hell, Baek?!" Chanyeol stared confusedly.  This cooled down Kyungsoo's temper just a tad.

 

"Geez, no need to get your in a twist, Yeollie!  I'm just practicing my fan service."

 

"Uwaaah!" Luhan's jaw dropped in awe.  "Baekkie-yah, you are really good!"  The elder put his spoon down to allow himself to clap like a retarded seal.

 

Sehun eyed the awkward situation suspiciously before locking eyes with Kyungsoo.  He gave another devilish smirk as he asked, "That's right huh?  Isn't Baekyeol popular among fans now days?"

 

"Sehun-ah!  You're so smart.  Daebak!" Luhan clapped again, oblivious to the deadly glare a certain short male was giving a rainbow-haired maknae.

 

"Only for my fan service princess," Sehun beamed, blowing a kiss to his pairing.  Sehun was right, after all.  Hunhan and Baekyeol were popular pairings within EXO.  He did sneak a peek at a few stories on a site called Asianfanfics.com and stumbled upon this information for himself.

 

Without a word, Kyungsoo silently excused himself from the room and started getting ready.  As he stomped toward his bed, he saw exactly what the stylist noona expected him to wear.  He gave the top an "Are you ing kidding me?!" look as he stripped off his t-shirt and put the top on.  The top their stylist decided to give him made him look all the more like a chicken.  As if he didn't already feel like a chicken for not manning up to his feelings, this outfit made him feel a thousand times worse.

 

As Kyungsoo stepped out of the bathroom, he noticed that practically all the boys were dressed and ready to go.  A few of them stared at the shorter's interesting outfit, but decided it was best not to comment.  When the twelve of them headed for their vans, Kyungsoo had to constantly remind himself that it was now time to put on a poker face.

 

When they arrived at the fan signing, each of them went up on stage in pairs assigned by their manager to talk about their latest comeback single Wolf.  Kyungsoo mentally facepalmed when he realized he'd be paired up with Chanyeol, but as usual, he tried his best to suppress any thoughts of the previous night.

 

"EXOtics, how do I look?!" Kyungsoo smiled brightly as he pointed to his odd outfit.

 

Chanyeol giggled as he added, "You look like a chicken!" to which the shorter male replied by clucking like a chicken.  The two boys awkwardly laughed together, but somehow, everyone in there could feel some sort of looming tension.

 

The fans, who they expected to be roaring with laughter and excitement, actually ended up seeming unfazed by the fan service they'd just received.  As Jongin glanced back and forth between the fans and the duo's lack of enthusiasm, his overprotective, wolf like instincts kicked in, as he marched on the stage and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair.

 

"You're a cute chicken, hyung!" Jongin smiled smugly, as he stared deeply at Kyungsoo.  Suddenly, the fans all went wild, causing Chanyeol to walk off the stage embarrassed.

 

As Chanyeol was walking off with a smile drained from his face, Baekhyun came to give the happy virus a hug.  Baekhyun tiptoeing to ruffle the taller male's hair was quite a sight to be seen.  When the taller male smiled back, he pulled Baekhyun into a hug, causing more of a reaction from the sea of fans.

 

Do Kyungsoo, if you're going to be an about it...well, two can play at that game! Chanyeol thought, as he walked away with Baekhyun in his arms.  After all, this is exactly what the fans wanted.

 

When Kyungsoo glanced back and forth between the fans and the "Baekyeol" couple, he wanted to heave.  Really, he couldn't understand how a couple could possibly be so cheesy.  Screw you, Chanyeol.  I'll just hang with Jongin for now. 

 

After the fan event was over, the boys had about an hour of free time to just relax and goof off.  During those sixty minutes, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo never spoke a single word to each other.  Chanyeol chose to let Baekhyun draw some interesting eyeliner designs on his face, while Jongin and Kyungsoo went to get some boba at a nearby cafe.

 

Truthfully though, both males are a very honest breed, so they opted to explain things to their friends when they returned to the dorm without seeming like they were using the other.

 

"W-wait!  Yeollie-yah!  You KISSED Kyung-"

 

"Shut up, Baek!" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and covered Baekhyun's mouth with his hand.  The shorter, however, did not appreciate this action and bit the taller male's hand.  "OWWW!  What the hell, Baek?!"

 

Baekhyun did a hairflip and smirked at the taller.  "I didn't say you could touch my face."

 

"Whatever.  Now can you help me?"  Chanyeol's eyes started to water up, as a single tear rolled down his cheek.  Baekhyun was unsure about what to do, so he just hugged the taller giant.  It was purely a friendly hug, but just as Baekhyun's arms wrapped around Chanyeol's defeated body, Kyungsoo walked past Chanyeol's room.  Kyungsoo stood frozen at the entrance of his crush's room, as he mustered up the confidence to let everyone know dinner was ready.

 

Kyungsoo coughed, in order to express that he was present.  "U-uhm, Baekyeol...I-I mean Baekkie and Chanyeol, dinner's ready."  The nervous male continued to cough, attempting to cover up his verbal error.

 

Baekhyun smiled innocently at Kyungsoo as he hopped off Chanyeol's bed ready to devour whatever amazing food was cooked.

 

"Thank you, Kyungsoo." Chanyeol stated stoically.  There wasn't a single hint of emotion in the taller's response.

 

To say that dinner that night was awkward was the understatement of the year.  Instead of a normal group conversation between the twelve guys, mainly the four Mandarin speakers were conversing between themselves.  Sehun's observant ways took note of the fact that Kyungsoo couldn't stop glaring at Baekhyun when he wasn't looking.  Jongin secretly enlightened Sehun about the problems between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, but it seemed as though the latter knew about things way sooner than Jongin did.

 

In an attempt to jokingly light up the mood, Jongin broke the ice.  "Sooo hyung, what about that Kaisoo loving?" Jongin beamed brightly, thinking about his fans.  "They loved us together, huh?"  Jongin swung an arm around Kyungoo's shoulders and leaned in toward the shorter, making a certain tall giant cringe with jealousy and causing a certain maknae to giggle.

 

"Yah!  Oh Sehun!  What's so funny?!" Jongin faced his friend and winked.

 

"Nothing.  You two are just so cute together.  Get married already!" Sehun shouted excitedly.

 

"THEY CAN'T GET MARRIED!" Chanyeol hollered.  He and his temper had it up to here with all the Kaisoo talk.  What was Kim Jongin's deal anyway?  Of all the guys in the dorm, he had to be all over his Kyungsoo?!  Wait a minute, did Chanyeol just think of Kyungsoo as his?!  With a mixture of anger and utter confusion, Chanyeol slammed his chopsticks on the table and sprinted to his room.  The members knew he reached there when they could hear a loud door slam.

 

Baekhyun stared disappointedly at the two youngest boys in the room.  He shook his head and said, "Don't you think you took this too far?"  He sympathetically looked at Kyungsoo and smiled.  He reached one chair over in order to pat the confused male's shoulders and continued, "I don't know if you know this, but Chanyeol likes Kyungsoo."

 

The room went completely silent as this new bit of information was revealed.  Even from across the table, Minseok spat out some chewed up mandoo onto his plate.  "He WHAT?!"

 

Baekhyun blushed as he suddenly realized that he revealed the secret Chanyeol told him in confidence earlier in the bedroom.  He mentally prayed to the Gods that Chanyeol wouldn't hate him forever after blabbing his secret to what felt like the entire world.  Baekhyun then shook his head to clear his thoughts, realizing that this is actually what was best for both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.  At the very least, Kyungsoo would not know his friend's feelings.  At the very most, Kyungsoo would reciprocate Chanyeol's feelings.

 

"Aishhh, hyunggg!" Sehun whined, "You ruin all the fun."  Sehun pouted at Baekhyun and folded his arms across his chest.  "We already knew about Yeollie hyung's feelings.  Hell, we even knew that Kyungsoo feels the same!"  The rainbow-haired male high-fived Jongin, who was sitting next to him smirking again.

 

At that very moment, Kyungsoo himself spat out a piece of chewed up kimchi onto his plate.  "YAH! KIM JONGIN!  I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYBODY!"  Kyungsoo's yelling shook up the house like an earthquake.  However, his face was so red, he looked more like a volcano that was about to erupt.

 

"Hyung," Sehun called out toward Kyungsoo.  As Kyungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose, he merely stared at the younger.  He did not respond back verbally, however.  "Jongin didn't tell me."

 

"Oh yeah?!?" Kyungsoo released his nose from his grip and started to get heated up once more.  "How did you find out then?  How do I know you're not just covering for your best friend?"

 

Baekhyun caught wind of Sehun's reactions and came to the conclusion that the maknae knew about the kiss.  "Kyunggie, maybe this isn't the best idea."  Baekhyun stared at Kyungsoo in a serious manner, but the latter did not know anyone but he and Chanyeol knew about the kiss.

 

"No, I want to know.  NOW!"

 

"Uhm, really.  Are you sure, hyung?  Must we do this here?" Sehun pleaded.  The younger knew he was being honest, but didn't really want to embarrass Kyungsoo in front of his co-worker friends.

 

"Yah, daddy!  How did you know?" Luhan shouted from across the table toward Sehun.  This was accompanied by wide-eyed stares at the former.  "Wae? Why are you staring?  Hunnie told me to call him that!"  Luhan cutely picked up a mandoo and nibbled a bite out of it.

 

Sehun felt defeated, as though everyone but Baekhyun was ganging up on him.  He came to the conclusion that Baekhyun knew exactly what Sehun was about to say and was trying to save Kyungsoo from the embarrassment.  But Kyungsoo wasn't giving in at all.  Teetering on what to do, Sehun blurted out, "I saw you two kiss!" and shoved a mandoo into his mouth as quickly as he could.

 

The whole room exploded in "JINJJA?!?" as Kyungsoo's face glowed redder by the second.

 

"OH SEHUN, YOU LITT-"

 

"Kyunggie, you wanted to know," Baekhyun stated, rubbing circles on the former's back as the two sighed heavily.

 

The table started to sink in the information.  Finally, after a few minutes when everything was calmer, Yixing looked at the empty spot at the table.  "Yeollie ge isn't back?"

 

Kyungsoo immediately shot up and pushed in his chair.  "I'll go get him.  We need to talk anyway."

 

Jongin and Sehun looked at each other and whistled.  "Yeah, sure.  Talk." they said in unison.

 

"I HEARD THAT!" Kyungsoo said, but this time, he was unable to hide his smile.

 

When Kyungsoo reached Chanyeol's door, he knocked three times.

 

"Leave mejaasdjklj aldskj."  Chanyeol's face was buried in his pillow, so his voice was muffled.

 

"Yah, Yeollie!  Open up!"  Knock knock knock knock knock.

 

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!" Chanyeol hollered through the door.

 

For the umpteenth time today, Kyungsoo's temper had risen.  "PARK CHANYEOL, YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW OR NO FOOD FOR YOU ALL WEEK."

 

Within ten seconds, the door was open.  Kyungsoo smiled, pleased with himself as he walked into the room.  He plopped onto Baekhyun's bed as Chanyeol went and laid back down in his own bed, burying his face once more.  Kyungsoo couldn't help but to giggle at the taller male's actions, finding this whole scene to be something straight out of a movie.

 

"Yeollie-yah!" Kyungsoo whined cutely.  "I like youuu," Kyungsoo spoke using the best aegyo motions and voice he could muster up.

 

With that, Chanyeol started to lift himself out from his pillow.  "What?"

 

The shorter chuckled and threw Baekhyun's pillow at the confused male.  "I thought that'd get your attention."

 

"Ugh, I hate you." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and turned away.  However, while turning away, he smiled briefly.

 

Kyungsoo hopped off Baekhyun's bed and then snuck over next to Chanyeol as he was turned away.  "BUT I DON'T HATE YOU!" he hollered and poked Chanyeol on the cheek.

 

"Uwah!  When did you?!" Chanyeol, being the oblivious giant he was, did not notice the sneaky ninja Kyungsoo move off Baekhyun's bed next to him.

 

Kyungsoo brightly smiled as he grabbed the same pillow he threw and smacked the taller on the side of his head with it.  In a more serious tone, he stated, "Really though.  I don't hate you."  The shorter put the pillow onto his lap and gently placed his hand on his heart.

 

"Ara.  I don't hate you either, Kyunggie.  Actually, I really like you." Chanyeol bit his lip worriedly, causing the shorter male's face to flush red.

 

"I really like you too, Yeollie."  Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol's hand and laced his fingers between the taller's.

 

"I'm sorry for how I acted today." Chanyeol pouted slightly, suddenly seeming really embarrassed at all his outbursts.  "It's just that stupid Jongin!"

 

"Yah, Yeollie!  He's our friend, so be nice!"

 

"I know, but why is he so touchy with you?  You're my Kyunggie.  He can't have you."

 

Kyungsoo stared at the taller male wide-eyed.  "I-I'm yours?"  The smaller male smiled as his heart once again skipped a beat, frozen in the moment.

 

This time, it was Chanyeol who blushed.  "I-I mean, only if you want to be.  I don't want to pressure you or anything." 

 

Chanyeol waved his free hand around, trying to brush off the awkwardness.  Instead, Kyungsoo used his other free hand and entwined their fingers once more.  "Yeollie-yah.  I know everything is so sudden, but I do want to be with you.  Only you."  Kyungsoo blushed a bit, as he bit his lower lip.  He then glanced down at the taller male's hands and planted a soft kiss on each one.

 

Chanyeol was so giddy he was almost creepy looking.  Those two short kisses on his hand was enough to send his heart into overdrive and his stomach fluttering with butterflies.  Nonetheless, he was snapped back to reality.  Chanyeol couldn't get his mind off all those Kaisoo moments.  "But what about Jongin?"

 

Kyungsoo looked up into Chanyeol eyes as he spoke.  He sighed slightly and said, "There is nothing going on between Jongin and me.  You know for a fact that as idols, we must service those who support us the most.  Those fans out there mean the world to us, and you know that they will like what they like.  If they like Hunhan, give them Hunhan.  If they like Baekyeol, well, you and Baekkie will have to give them Baekyeol.  If they're looking for Kaisoo, Jongin and I must give them that.  But just because the fans feel that way about us does not mean I have feelings for Jongin.  I like you, Park Chanyeol." 

 

Kyungsoo released his right hand from Chanyeol's left as he placed his hand under the taller's chin.  He smiled as he leaned up to place a chaste kiss on Chanyeol's lips.  The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but the two felt like they could be in that moment for eternity.  When Kyungsoo pulled away from the taller, his heart was beating what seemed like a million times faster.

 

After a few moments of silence, Kyungsoo finished his speech.  "Besides, one day, when the fans want Chansoo, we can truly give them that from the bottom of our hearts."

 

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆