Night

In The Dark Night, I Won't Be Lonely Because There Is You
There was a blackout. I shot up. I had just finished up my overdued project and laid down on my comfy king size bed, wanting to get a goodnight's rest quite badly. As i was almost slipping into dreamland, my night light went out and the air condintioning stopped working. I decided to ignore it as the electricity always gets cut in the middle of the night.The night was unfortunately kind of hot, thanks to the summer's heat. I could literally feel sweat dripping from my forehead, damping clothes. I twisted and turned, rolling in the king size bed. I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. After around 30 minutes of rolling and turning, I got frustrated and opened my eyes. I stared at my room that as dark as night. The room felt stuffy so I decided to head out to get some fresh air. I opened the door that lead to the hallway and calmly walked towards the front door, carefully opening it while hoping that no one heard me wake up. 
 
"Ahhhh......fresh air, so cooling." I inhaled the night's scent and felt the cool breeze tousled my hair.
The night was so inviting. Calm and quiet like any other nights. I sat down on the stone table in the garden.
The garden was filled with beautiful plants that my stepfather planted. It was really a beautiful garden and my favourite place to clear my mind. I sat there and stared into space, my thoughts drifted to my step family.
Originally , I only had a mother, Kim Songah and an older brother, Suho. But now, I have new dad, Kim Daejin and another older brother, Jongin. Heh, speaking about Jongin, sighs, I never knew that my lover, would end up as my brother. It's sad right? Someone that you loved, you hoped to have a future with suddenly became your brother. I'm not blaming my mom and my stepdad and all but I just can't help it. Can't help to hope that the two of them never got married in the first place. My stepdad is a nice guy, unlike my real dad. My real dad just got up and left us 8 years ago just because my mom scolded him for coming home drunk. I hate him. With all my heart. There is no way i'll forgive him.
 
"You look angry.... frustrated that you can't sleep?" Jongin sat down next to me with a smirk on his face, staring into the night sky. The sky was filled with bright stars, twinkling and dazzling. "Just thinking about some stuff." I whispered. 
"What thought can make you so angry? You look like a kettle, with steam above your head." His smirk grew wider.
"It's not funny." I glared at him.
"Didn't say it was. Though I found it amusing." His head turned to look at me.
"I hate you."I said and looked up at the beautiful sky.
"Yeah, love ya too." His reply made a little crack in my heart. He said it so easily. I guess he already got over me. But i hadn't.
"Sorry."
I gave him a confused look. "What for?" I asked.
"For all of this, for confessing to you, for dating you, for hurting you, for allowing my dad get married with your mom." He eyes were so sad. "I'm truly sorry." He apologized once more, looking at me, staright in the eye.
"It's not your fault. Who knew that our parents would fall in love with each other?" I gave him an encouraging smile.
He smiled back. 
 
 
We sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each others presence and looking at the sky. Jongin patted on his shoulder, and I leaned my head on it. It had already been a month since we broke up. I missed his strawberry scent and his bear-like warmth. His devilish grin and sweet smile. I just missed his everything. I turned around to face him. He gave me a confused look and i opened my arms to hug him. He smiled and hugged me. Suddenly, lightning flashed. Thunder crashed. Rain started pouring down. "Gosh, isn't this the best time to rain?!" Jongin said sarcsatically. He picked me up, bridal style and ran into the house. 
 
 
The electricity wasn't back yet. So, the house was still dark. We sat on the sofa, looking at each other. "I know i'm handsome, continue staring." Jongin laughed.
"No, you are not. Stop being so conceited!" I hit his arm and he yelped. Thunder crashed again, causing me to jump. I had always been sort of afriad of thunder, though i never admited it.
"Come here." Jongin extended his arms.
"I'm fine." I hugged my legs.
"I know you are afraid, so come here." He pulled my into his arms and smiled. "I'm not your boyfriend for no reason." he laughed.
"Was." I exclaimed. "Fine, was." He pouted.
"Gosh, Kim Jongin! Can you not do this? Your aegyo won't work on me anymore!" I hit him and closed my eyes. "If it won't then why are you covering your eyes?" He giggled. I hit him again. 
 
"You wanna know something?" Jongin asked, looking into my eyes.
"Hmmmm??" 
"I still love you, you know?" He smiled. "Even though we are forbidden to be with each other."
"Really?" He nodded. "I still sort of love you too." I grinned sheepishly. He broke out into laughter.
"It's not funny!" I slapped his chest.
"Didn't say it was. Though i found it amusing." He laughed. 
"I'll be here to protect you always. You won't be alone. I be your knight in shining armor!" 
"What's with the random confessions?" I laughed.
"I just wanted to let you know?" He look into my eyes. "I'm serious though." I tried to keep a serious face but ended up laughing also. I just kissed his forehead.
"You wanna get back together again?" My eyes widen. "WHAT?!" I shouted.
"SHHHH!!!! Everyone's sleeping. So, do you?" He look so serious.
"I don't know........do you think our parents will allow it?" 
"We broke up not because they objected but because we were afraid of rumors spreading in school." I nodded.
Should we? I questioned myself. 
"Don't you miss the time we spent together? The time where you get to cuddle with me, to kiss me, without anyone looking at you weirdly?" 
"Wouldn't they look at us weirdly since everyone in school knows that we're sibblings?" I asked, oh-so-confused. I didn't know what to choose. Should we get back together? Would people give back comments about us? Would our parents allow it? Maybe I should try, before I regret it?
"Sure. Let's get back together."
He smiled and laid his lips on mine. "So, we are together again?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.
 
We sat on the sofa for god-knows-how-long, enjoying each others presence. Listening to the pitters and patters of the rain as the rain slowly stops. Silently hoping that the future that awaits us, would be a good and loving one. One where both of us will be happy together.