Twelfth Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

DAEHYUN’S POV

 

“First of all, come in from the hallway.” I was instructed by the clan master. I walked into the room slowly, shuffling my feet as I closed the door.

 

“I’m guessing you heard our whole conversation?” Eunmi spoke.

 

“Y-yeah...” I stuttered.

 

“You want to know what’s going on now don’t you.” Clan Master asked, looking out the window by his desk, into the deep and dark forests.

 

“C-correct.”

 

“I’ll get straight to the fact you want to know.” He turned his head to me, stare piecing into my soul.

 

“You’re the 12th Cursed Miracle.”

 

“W-w-what? Are you sure? How does that possibly make sense? I’ve lived here all-.” I cut myself off before I finished my sentence. I have no memory of my past.

 

“Are you wondering now why you don’t remember anything from before I started training you? I sealed your old memories away, and replaced them with the hallucination of you actually having them. Meaning you always felt like you had a past, so you never really thought about it until now.”

 

I dropped to my knees, clutching my head as images were flowing back into my mind.

This isn’t possible. How?! Why?! Why me?!

My transformation on my first birthday, the 6 months of training I got, and then the war that changed everything.

This can’t be, how could this have happened?

Unconsciously, tears were flowing down my eyes. I looked to the floor and let my tears drop to the floor. The final image came to me. My demon form.

That’s me? No way. That is not me. Not possible.

 

“Now that I have told you the truth, the memory seal has elapsed. All that’s left is your transformation, and then he will be able to sense that you are alive. That is all I can tell you for now.” I kept staring at the floor, trying to process the impact all at once.

 

“Both of you are now dismissed. Eunmi I suggest you find a place to stay for tonight, so our scent wears off. Daehyun go back to your room to rest, I don’t want you to leave base just yet, now that you know what’s going on.”

 

No I don’t. Please someone tell me what’s really going on. I’m begging you. Please.

 

I slowly got off the floor, wiping my tears in the process. Eunmi had already left, trying to find a place to call shelter for the night. I walked to my room slowly, tripping over nothing, and the occasional sob.

I sat on my bed that night, pulling all the puzzle pieces together. My memory was now complete. From when I was born all the way up to right now, laying in bed. I closed my eyes, letting all my thoughts flow together.

 

-FLASHBACK (YEAR DAEHYUN WAS BORN)-

 

“Sir, the baby was just born.” the nurse came into the Demon King’s room, holding the newly born infant.

 

“Bring him to me.” he said as the nurse placed the sleeping child into his arms.

 

“He will now be our 12th Cursed Miracle.” he smirked as a seal hovered over the little baby’s head, waking him up, and the whole room was now filled with his cries.

 

The seal turned a bit, almost as if it was trying to solve a puzzle, before the seal leveled into one piece and vanished into the air, silencing the baby.

 

“Take him back to the nursery.” he instructed the nurse.

 

“As you wish sir.” She bowed, cradling the infant as she left the room.

 

-Time Skip. 1 year. Day of Transformation.-

 

Everyone was gathered into the auditorium.

 

“I BRING YOU, THE 12TH CURSED MIRACLE.” The crowd roared in approval, as I hovered over the clear tube of bubbling fluids. In an instant, I was drowning in the acids, as my skin melted off, and it was searing into my baby brown eyes. Suddenly, my eyes snapped shut, and everything went silent. A dragon spirit greeted me as it was standing in front of me.

 

“Hello, my name is Jung Daehyun, and I was blessed to your soul when you were born.” it smiled at me. I tried to speak, but no words were coming out.

 

“Do not worry, I will not harm you. I come in peace. Us spirits that were blessed to the Generation of Cursed Miracles, were intentionally good spirits. After the Demon King took rule, the most kindest animals turned evil, and they became traitors. What’s worse is that they didn’t pick any of them for you children, but the 14 good spirits that were left on this earth. Once I enter your body, there is no turning back, and I no longer have control of my powers, you do. If you decide to use it for evil, I will not be against it, as we both were fated to something we don’t approve of. But if you use it for good, you will become more powerful, except you will have the whole demon army against you. It is your choice, for good, or for evil. I hope you choose wisely.” It ended as it slowly entered my body, changing my humanly composition to of a dragon’s.

I felt my body shift form and shape. My spinal cord stretched, and so did the rest of my limbs and internal organs, growing to the size of a 16 year old teenager. I gained giant leaf-like wings on my back, that flapped outwards like an angel’s wings and it’s veins glowed a crystalline green. Horns began growing on the top of my forehead, and they were as sharp as a freshly sharpened dagger. I then formed a tail behind me, as it trailed upwards, the tails length almost as tall as me, if not taller. It began shaping scales on it, radiating a dark jade green, ending with a flame on the tip, a green flame. Then, my newly transformed body was being raised out of the container, and I was standing in front of someone, but I sensed the glares of many, with my eyes still closed.

 

“Open your eyes.” the man in front of me commanded, presuming it was the Demon King.

 

My eyes opened in a flash, glowing a deep shade of green. I saw him smirk before asking another question.

 

“State your name.”

 

“My name is Jung Daehyun.” I spoke on command. I saw him flick his finger, and my whole body turned, facing the large audience, my green flare, piercing the stares of everyone.

 

“EVERYONE. I BRING YOU JUNG DAEHYUN, THE 12TH CURSED MIRACLE!” he boomed for everyone to hear.

 

The crowd boomed back at him, with cheers loud blow someones ear drums out. In the corner of my eye, he waved his hand, and everyone went silent.

 

“His training will start tomorrow. Everyone dismissed.”

 

Everyone was leaving the room, and I was told to begin my training tomorrow, and just rest in my room today. I did as I was told and I stayed in my room, trying to control my power.

 

-Time Skip. 6 Months. Day of the Battle.-

 

-BEEP BEEP BEEP!-

 

I was in deep sleep when I heard the emergency alarm ring. I got out of bed, and pulled on my clothes before sprinting to the weapon room. I went to my spot on the shelf, where the Elite 14 kept their special weapons. I pulled open the shelf door, revealing two blades and a gauntlet, still resting from last night’s practice rounds. I hooked the cases for the two blades on my back, in between my dragon wings, and took the two katanas. They came to life, glowing a bright green in its veins on the blade. I slid them onto their casings on my back and pulled on my gauntlet. It surged with energy, as its mechanical veins dug into my skin, looking for a power source. When it found my main bloodstream, the veins glowed a medium shade of green brightly, and it began building up my arm, until it stopped at my shoulder, and my whole right arm was now a mechanical machine controlled by me. Wiggling my fingers, and checking that my equipment was all ready, I ran back out into the hall and into the clearing of our base. I took my spot on the front lines, with the 11 other elites. I saw our enemies stand before us.

 

“It is time to end this once and for all.” The enemy team’s leader shouted.

 

“Even though the Generation isn’t complete, we will still crush you to pieces.” The king smirked.

 

“Let’s just see about that shall we?” the opposing team’s elite group taunted.

 

For good or evil? The dragon spirit inside me rang. I looked to the other 11, and it seems like their inner spirits also asked them the same thing. Before I could make a choice, our king shouted a demand.

 

“ATTACK!” he roared, breaking the tension and silence between us.

 

I couldn’t even control my body anymore. I fought mercilessly, killing anyone and everyone in my way. Bloodshed was large, and both sides lost many people within the first minute of battle. Slowly, I was being cornered, and I was losing the counter attack. Before I knew it, the opposing team were shouting commands.

 

I chuckled as I whispered my battle call, “You will never be able to catch me.”

 

“Well lets just see you try and run.” one of the five smirked back at me. I heard someone from behind shout,”BE CAREFUL!”

 

I took this chance as a distraction and slide in between their legs, but they sensed I was making a move and trapped my in, twisting my leg in the process. I shrieked in pain and I heard more commands being yelled.

 

“QUICK, SOMEONE GRAB HIM!”

 

I tried to take flight as an attempt to escape, but someone shot an arrow through my right wing, causing immense pain as I fell to the ground. My body was slowly starting to shut down from my two injuries, as a women stood above me with a mask covering her face, whispered a chant, and I out instantly, not knowing what was going to happen next...

 

To be continued...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Sorry for not updating earlier D: I was out eating dinner with my family, at 12am in the morning... but this one took my a few ours to compose so i hope you like it! next chapter will continue in daehyun's pov, flashback mode. please comment, subscribe, and upvote! btw i got my first upvote i think it was today :D i was like spazzing out earlier until i managed to call down to write again xD

1012059_1388914407998296_997841343_n.jpg

thanks again to min_rae for upvoting my story! you're the best! :D <3 ~Sunmi