an apology

Dissipate

I don't know how many of you who are still subscribed to this story still frequent AFF or how long you've been waiting but I want to apologize about my absence. Throughout my time here on AFF I've experienced a lot of ups and downs with writing. In the beginning, I loved it and cherished it so much. The support I received from A Taste of Temptation was overwhelmingly positive and I am so, so grateful for everyone who read it. I know it wasn't the best story out there but it was a story that I could proudly call my own. There was a point, though, where I started to grow anxious about my writing. I was young, impressionable, and insecure about my personal identity and that started to bleed into my confidence as a writer. It was somewhere towards the end of writing A Taste of Temptation where I became tired of writing and was trying so hard to just to finish the story in a decent way. Despite all the love I received from you, my readers, I couldn't shake the sense that I would never be a good enough writer. I tried to get excited about writing again by starting a new fic, this one, and when A Taste of Temptation got featured I was over the moon about it. But nothing could really make me the feel the way I once did about being on here and writing these stories. It was also in this period of time I fell out of love with kpop. Not for any particular reason, I was just busy growing up and trying to survive school.

I decided to take a break, thinking this would rejuvenate me, and I'm sorry about not saying anything because, in all honesty, I didn't plan to be gone for this long. It's been five years since this fic has been updated, and I'm so sorry about that. I know in the end these are just excuses, but I do hope you forgive me.

The reason I've made a reappearance is because I want to officially state that Dissipate is on an indefinite hiatus. Although I will leave this story up, I don't plan on continuing it, at least not at the moment or with the same characters. I've gotten time to fall back in love with writing, and perhaps I will use this AU or a version of it for a future venture of mine. If that does happen, you will all be the first to know. As for the status of my presence on AFF...I don't think this will be last time I'm on here. I'm definitely not signing off just yet. However, while I've rekindled my love for both writing and kpop, kpop just isn't my top priority at the moment. I don't think I'll be creating lengthy, multiple-chapter stories on here, but I think I will be doing a sort of suggestion box for short stories to practice my rhetoric and storytelling. I'll keep you all updated on that if I do decide to go through with that.

Again, I thank you all for ever reading any of my stories. 

-Val