[10] Talks

Days with Chen

“ so what’s on your mind ? “ Chen stopped working with his pen and scribbling things on his white paper. He had enough of looking at Inhye’s who looked at him for some moments then opened her lips like going to tell him something but then she closed it again then sighed then looked at him again and open her lips again and closed it again then pulled sighs again then put random words on her paper then repeated it all over again.

Chen is in inhye’s home. He sat on the floor with her, facing each other separated by the table. The papers are scattered here and there. Chen tried to finish the tasks given by Inhye. She tried to help chen studied for the lessons he missed. Inhye played with her straw between her lips, she still hold her almost empty glass of guava juice in her hands. She hesitated whether should or not she told him about what’s on her mind since he is still in the middle of study but she is just curious. Well since she is just curious about it she put the glass aside then took her pen again, now  got focused with the paper in front her. Chen knew she will say no when he looked at her serious eye light. So there inhye shook her head and mumbled, “ nothing “. Chen smiled a bit looking at her act now and shook his head abit. He found it amusing. He absolutely knows that there’s no nothing but he decided to keep focus with his tasks so he let it go.

Almost an hour passed without talking with inhye. Chen focused with his works. He felt his brain is almost exploding. He doesn’t know anymore which number valued which valuables. He put his forehead glued to the paper in front of him while long exhaling.

“ Lets talk about anything.. I am about to throw up “ he mumbled.

Inhye smiled looking at an almost cracked brain in front of her.

“ Do you want something to drink ? “ she asked almost standing from her seat when chen grabbed her wrist. Inhye looked at her wrist turned to chen’s face. Chen shook his head abit.

“ I don’t need it.. lets just talk about something..... interesting “

Chen let inhye’s wrist go then inhye back to her seat. She played with her eyebrows, playing it up and down in turn. She keeps humming while thinking about the’interesting’ topic chen asked her.

“ ah! Tell me about the thing you wanted to tell me earlier! “ chen rest his chin on his paper now while looking at inhye straightly. His eyes are now too sparkling to be seen by inhye.

“ eum.. that is.. “ Inhye seriously doesn’t think she needs to talk this to chen tho. Well, She personally felt that it will be awkward but her curiosity took her everything since she held it when chen still seriously studying.

“ I wonder why… a man can live for too long with only a woman “ inhye stole a glance to chen before continuing her words.

“ so .. I just walked around to buy these snacks when suddenly my eyes caught an old man and old woman was sitting on the bench together “ inhye felt slightly embarrassed by her question. She raised one of her eyebrow and pursed her lips then took a glance again to the guy in front of him which still looking at her straightly stiffened.

“ ah forget it “ she rubbed her nape. “ lets just continue study “

Inhye lift her head up when she noticed that chen is chuckling.

“ what’s so funny kim jong dae ? “ she put her penon the table then placed both of her arms laying on table then titled her head a bit. Waiting for his further explanation.

“ well, how could you just left such interesting topic off ?? “ he raised his hands a bit before placed it on the table, copying inhye.

“ eumm… may be because finding another woman who will understand us wholly is pretty hard ? “ he took a chance, answering inhye's question then asked for inhye’s agreement.

“ well it’s for those who lazy to find another “ she simply replied.

“ but still it could be like that or may be because he loves her whole heartedly ? “ he asked for inhye’s agreement, again.

Inhye let things like chuckled then took her pen again, tried to write things.

“ ya.. what's with this sudden ignoring ? “ chen managed to complain after a lil ‘tch’.

“ where in the world is a man like that,Chen .. “

Chen could see her slight teasing smile on her face. He felt that he is being doubted by inhye.

“ what about your dad ? “

She lifted her shoulder a bit.

“ may be .. “

“ then there is one at least ..”

Inhye tried to look at chen expression once he let his comment slipped outta his lips. He now is scribbling on his note again. She wondered whether it’s a signal from him that he’s not a man that love a girl whole-heartedly. She knows it’s a stupid thought but who knows ?

“ what about you ? “ inhye asked. She wanted to make sure that chen is not those type of guys who love to play around with this and that girl.

“ what do you think ? “ chen put his pen again then face inhye. He had no idea but suddenly felt a lil rage because of her words. It’s kinda confronting . Inhye started to blinked many times and looked down. She can feel it. Chen is a bit angry.

“ I – I am sorry “ she stammered.

“ I just have so many fail relationships before “ she added then played her pen. She still has no guts to see chen. Chen inhales deeply. He should understand this first before he let his lil anger out.

Chen never been in a relationship before, well he had one but it’s not as far as he is walking with inhye now. He felt like taking inhye everywhere with him. He just planned himself to do anything faster than his previous relationship since he was left behind. Those means he planned to tell her everyday that she is beautiful, that she made his life complete, that he loves her the way she is.

Inhye doubted boys. Much. Except her dad. She was always left behind by the boy he dated with because those boys got the much prettier girls than her. She placed her hands covered her face now. She tried to make her mood back. Her hair started to move to her hands. She almost moved her hands when suddenly she felt someone placed her hair strains behind her ear. The fingers softly brushed her earlobe. She managed to let her hands off periodically then see chen sat beside her.

“ there will be girl who is prettier than me in the future, chen “ she spoke softly, folded her head. Chen cant believe at what he just heard. All he knows is the girl in front of him has high self esteem. He had no idea that she has this side of her. Chen tried his best to find the reason why she stayed with Inhye until now and why or how his dad decided to live with his mom until now. One thing for sure is just because he felt happy with inhye. He felt that no one will be able to keep his heart at ease like Inhye did. He felt that without inhye, there will be just something missing in him.

“ there might be much more pretty girls than you in the future but can you guarantee they will make my heart beats faster like whenever I am with you ? “ he paused a bit to look at inhye expression which still fixated at him.

“ c -- can you guarantee they can make me feel things I felt with you ? “ He added.

Inhye smiled at chen words. She ever heard those words before. Whether from the last boyfriend of her or the second one before the last or may be the one before, she wasn’t sure. One thing remained for sure in her mind. She took her pen then tried to continue things she hasn’t finished but before she managed to write a thing, she let her mind out through her lips

“ trust me, when those pretty girls coming, you will forget about this “ her smiles still on her face. Her heart is pained though she pretends to be strong. All the boys before just went away from her without looking back and no words after. Chen maybe will end up like them. Thinking about it already pained her heart so she choose to just let that mind away and continue doing her paper. She tried to calm his pained heart with her smile.

Chen didn’t let his eyes off from every words she said, every gestures she made. He can clearly see it, how her heart is in pain. Her mocking like words, her sudden drop self-esteem are the proves. Chen softly placed his palms both on her cheeks. He forced her to look at him. Inhye stops her pen movement, quiet surprised by chen’s act.

“ hit me then that time “ he smiled.

“ tell me that I wont be happy with that girl and it’s only you who can make me happy “

Her heart suddenly feel like jumping out from its place. His stare now is a very lovingly ones.

“ how can I say something like that .. “ Inhye looked down, tried to move away from his sight. Chen even moved her face slowly to match up with his eyes again.

“ it’s you, Choi in hye, I know you can “ he painted a smirk on his face.

Inhye forced her eyes to look down, she still has no guts to see him through his eyes. Chen slowly let his hands off from inhye’s cheek.

“ if you asked me why a man stayed for too long with a woman, well I cant answer the exact thing “He hesitantly blinked once at the girl beside him who looks so adorable, waiting for his further words. Her eyes gushes a lot curiosity of how his answer will be. The way she bits her lower lips burns a sudden desire on him to just capture it. Chen leans closer to inhye. Inhye even bit her lips harder. Chen face just way a bit inched from her. Inhye’s heart beats faster but she didn’t even move away. She dared chen to do whatever he wanted eventho she didn’t really know what’s his intention is. 

“ Should we just get married faster ? “ chen managed his position stagnant.

Inhye didn’t believe at what she just heard. She blinked once twice periodically each seconds. Chen smirked then moved a bit, he took his pen then hit his paper with the edge of his pen.

“ I believe that marriage is the only way to make the bond between one and the other stronger. Because promises witnessed by God, made in the altar of marriage is something that cant be easily broken. A sacred thing. Don’t you think so ? “

“ May be that’s the reason why your dad and my dad live with their same women until now “ he chuckled. He slowly placed his head on the table then looked at inhye’s who followed the same thing he did. Inhye wants to listen to his opinions, especially after what she might heard wrong.

“ marrying you, will be the best thing in my life I guess.. “ he smiled. “ I just felt that I am happy with you, you kept my mind and heart at ease even if it’s always incredibly beats faster whenever I am with you. I don’t really understand whether its because your smile or its because of you, yourself indeed but one thing for sure is that it has to be you so I can feel those various emotions. “

“ it’s just.. has to be you “ he placed a hand palmed her cheek. He brushed her cheek with his thumb. Warmth circulates through her body from his single brushed. Chen smiled. He is happy that’s the truth. He hates the fact that the girl in front of him already received so much pain before. Well those facts even made himself creates promises to himself that he wont make her cry like the others ever did to her. That he will take care of her heart which most likely made like a glass. He has to take care of it with so much care so it wont be easily broken. Inhye placed her hand on his hand which caressed her cheek slowly, softly. She brushed his back hand with her thumb.

“ let’s continue the study “ she smiled. She knows she can only believe at chen’s words for now then the time will show her whether chen lives with his words or not.