Memories

Love, blessing or punishment?

Minho POV

I was in the corner of the church watching the person I love, walking towards the person who’s going to spend the rest of his life with him. His smile is so genuine, his eyes have so much love and it hurts my heart that those things is not for me anymore. If I should not have invited him to watch the sunset, I should be the one standing at the end of the altar, waiting for him.

 

Flashback

That afternoon, I can’t explain my feeling but I want to invite Taemin to watch the sunset. I ask him and he said yes, I like the sunset, so he is. As I drove my truck headed to the sea side, I continuesly look at his face. He was sitting there beside me, his eyes is outside the car, watching the birds and the waves while his hand is holding my free hands. I lifted up and put it in my lips to kiss it. I smell the sweet scent thatis always been there. He look at me and smile.

“I love you hyung. I really love spending this time of the day with you. I hope that we can do this all the time.” He said as he kiss back my hand.

“I know Taemin-ah. I wish I can spend the rest of my life with you.”

As we reach the seaside, we sat in the sand that starts to get cold. I put my arms around his shoulder and pull him closer to me as I kiss his head. I really love him, he is my life, he is my everything and I don’t know how I am going to live without him by my side

“Hyung do you really love me?”

“Of course Taemin-ah”

“Can you kiss me?”

“Now?”

“Yes and every day?”

“That’s what I been doing. Didn’t I am kissing you every morning and everynight?

He giggle while hiding his face in my shoulder.

“You smell nice hyung.”

“I know, that’s because I am wearing the perfume you gave me.”

“I like smelling you. I think no matter where I go I will going to remember your scent.”

“Just my scent.”

“Of course all about you.”

He lift his head and he kiss my cheek. “I love you hyung.”

“I love you Taemin. And I am not going to let you go.”

He smile at me and put back his head in my shoulder.

As we finish watching the sun goes down, I pull him up and hold his hand as we walk towards my truck. We are already in our way home when we met a reckless driver in the road. No matter how much I tried to avoid his car, it still got me.

 

Then here I am waiting for Taemin to open his eyes. It’s already been a week since the accident and he still not gaining his consciousness. He hit his head so hard in that accident. I hold his hand and kiss it while praying that he is alright. Then I feel that his hands moves.

“Taemin?” I look at him as he slowly open his eyes.

Then he look at me with a confuse eyes as if he just saw my face for the first time. “W-who—who are you? Where are my dad and mom?”

After I hear those question, I feel like a million dagger have been tug in my heart. Why he didn’t know me? And why is he looking for his parents who he left when he decided to start living with me? I called the doctor. He examine Taemin before he look at me.

“The accident give him a brain damage, he is now currently suffering from selective amnesia.” The doctor said.

“W-what?”

“All the things that he can remember are those things before he met you.”

I feel so lost, why Taemin forget me? And just me? I was in the middle of thinking when I heard Taemin screaming. He was holding his head and he is in pain.

“What is happening?”

The doctor run towards Taemin as he calm the other.

“It hurt. Why my heads hurt.”

The nurse sedate him and put him back to his back. The doctor pull me outside the room.

“I am afraid that there is something wrong in his brain. But this hospital can’t provide any examination in him since we are lack of equipment. You have to bring him in a bigger hospital who can do CT scan and MRI. That the only procedure that can help him.”

“Is that really the only thing? You are a doctor and you should do something about it!” I shouted at him.

“I am a doctor Minho, but there are thing that I can’t see just by my eye. Bring him to Seoul.” He patted me at my shoulder then we hear Taemin screaming again because of pain. “Do it as soon as possible.”

I look down. There is only way for me to help Taemin. I run outside the hospital because I can’t handle those hurtful scream by Taemin. It’s killing me. I went to the telephone book as I dialed someone who can help me.

 

The next morning, I went to Taemin’s room in the hospital and found his parents there. They are looking to me with so much hatred but when I look at Taemin he is smiling at me. Did he remember me now?

“I heard that it is you who save me from my accident. Thank you.” He said as he hold the hand of the guy beside him.

Who is he? “N-no problem.”

“This is my parents. And this is my fiancée.” He said and look at guy beside him.

I want to cry. I want to scream how did this happen. Why does he have to forget only me? Why? So many why. I excuse myself as I exited the room but his father follow me.

“We are going to bring him back to the Seoul and I wish you won’t be seeing him again. I keep my promise to help him so do this thing for me too. He can’t remember you, all that was in his mind are all the memories that happen before he meet you. When he was still my sweet son and the boy who is going to marry Onew. You are now a stranger to him.

You don’t have to tell me that. I know that destiny erase me in Taemin’s mind. Is this the punishment that I get by loving Taemin so much? But I thought love is happiness and blessing?

At that day I watch Taemin go away together with his parents and his husband-to-be.

 

And now here I am, watching him making his vows with the person he love before loving me. Then to my surprise he look at my direction, is he looking at me? Our eyes met then he smile at me. The same smile that he gave to me when he was still mine. Then he mumble a word. What is that? I try to read what his lips is saying.

Thank you. That what is lips saying.

I smile at him and take my step backward and headed to the door. But before I totally walk away. I look at him again when he kiss his husband. I took a deep breath and tried to put a smile at m,y face. At least he is hapy. At least he is loved. Even if those happiness and love are not from me. Atlest.

I close the door behind me and starts to walk away from Taemin. Walk away from the person who shown me the meaning of love, who change my life, who makes me feel alive. From the person I love so much.

I look at the sky as my tears starts to fall. “I wish for you happiness..my love. Happy anniversary.” After saying that I close the door of my heart because I know I can’t love anymore.

 

~FIN~

 

so yeah, just like i told you, this is not a happy ending story

i don't  know what comes to my mind to write this kind of stuff

i have been listening so much sad love song.

thank you for spending time reading this trashy story^_^