It Was Yesterday

It Was Yesterday

Yongguk woke up early the next morning, his head pounding from the night before. He sat up and looked at Himchan who was still asleep beside him. He watched as the sun rays peeking through the curtains, illuminated Himchan's skin. Yongguk stared at the beauty of the fragile creature beneath him, the innocence, he admired Himchan's skin, adored it. Yongguk lightly brushed the hair out of Himchan's face before getting up to shower.

When Yongguk arrived back into the room after showering he saw that Himchan was still asleep, he has always been a heavy sleeper Yongguk thought as he moved around the room carefully and quietly so that he didn't wake Himchan. Yongguk was fixing his buttons when he heard behind him, the sound of Himchan shuffling in bed. Yongguk turned around and saw Himchan sitting up in bed, rubbing his eyes. Yongguk stared at Himchan's pale body as he stretched and smiled at Yongguk.

"You're up early today?" Himchan asked as he lay back down, staring at Yongguk.

"I have to go in early today to take care of some things" Yongguk answered, the emotion escaping his voice. Yongguk watched as the expression on Himchan's face became sour. He didn't want to upset Himchan but lately he was feeling disconnected. He didn't feel a spark with Himchan anymore. Yongguk walked over to the bed and kissed Himchan's forehead.

"I'm sorry. I'll come back early tonight" Yongguk muttered as he picked up his blazer. He looked at Himchan's smiling face. It's always been like this. It's always so easy for him to forgive me. Yongguk thought as he began walking downstairs. As he was putting on his shoes, Yongguk heard Himchan coming down the stairs behind him. He turned around to pick up his bag and patted Himchan's shoulder before leaving the house.

While walking to work, Yongguk thought about how Himchan had always easily forgiven him. Even when they began dating, no matter what Yongguk did wrong, Himchan would easily forgive him. Even after he had cheated the first time, he was forgiven and the second time. As Yongguk walked into his office building, he pushed Himchan to the back of his mind. Sitting down at his desk, Yongguk felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck and a chest being pressed against his back making him gulp as he saw Yuna's reflection in his computer screen.

"Thank you for coming out with me last night!" she smiled as she pushed her body against Yongguk's. Even though her voice was annoying and she was always engaging in skin ship, Yongguk still preferred her company to Himchan's.

"Don't talk as if I was only with you" Yongguk muttered as he cleared his throat.

"That's right, you took Nick home. Was he feeling okay?" She asked as she traced her finger up and down Yongguk's chest.

"Yeah... He felt sick, so I took him home" Yongguk answered. The night before, when he took Nick home he had no other intentions except making sure that Nick was okay. However Yongguk was overcome with lust and desire, something he hadn't felt in a long time as he succumbed to Nick's advances, his hot kisses, his playful hands. Yongguk couldn't overcome the tease which was placed in front of him.

"Well next time make sure you take me home!" Yuna smiled as she let go of Yongguk and pinched his shoulder.

Yongguk only nodded. Yongguk was lost in a daze until he saw a pile of papers drop down in front of him, onto his desk. He looked up and saw Nick standing over him, hiding his blushing face as he began to speak.

"Summarize these and file them" Nick quickly said, avoiding Yongguk's eyes. Yongguk nodded slowly before turning on his computer and beginning to organise the files. As he watched Nick walk away he couldn't help but notice how cute he was. As Yongguk began summarising the information he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. It was a text from Himchan. Yongguk stared at the screen for a moment before deleting the text and pushing his phone back into his pocket I'll text him during my break.

After an hour Yongguk felt a tap on his shoulder, he spun round to see Yuna standing behind him, smiling.

"Let's eat lunch together" Yuna smiled as she began tugging at Yongguk's sleeve. Yongguk nodded as he got up. He stared down at her as she walked beside him, talking. He drowned out her voice with his own thoughts. Knowing that he had done Himchan wrong by sleeping with Nick but he didn't know how to tell Himchan what he had done.

As he sat with Yuna, his phone began to vibrate in his pocket again. This time it was a call from Himchan, he stared at the screen as it continued ringing.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Yuna asked as she began drinking her water.

"No, it's not important" Yongguk answered as the phone finally stopped vibrating. Yuna only nodded.

Yongguk began to text Himchan: Sorry, I can't pick up right now. I'll call you before I leave work. 

After he sent the text, he pushed his phone back into his pocket. As he walked back from lunch with Yuna he could only think about how he didn't want to go home early, and how he was bored at home.

"Yuna... Let's go drinking tonight" Yongguk said as he stared at the floor.

"Sure! I'll gather some others to come along too!" Yuna exclaimed as she smiled. Yongguk nodded. 

As it was reaching the end of work, Yongguk checked the time. Ah I should call Himchan now. Yongguk got up from his desk, and went outside to the hallway. He dialled Himchan's number and listened to the dial tone.

[Hello! Yongguk!] Himchan answered with excitement in his voice.

"Himchan, something came up at work. I'm going to be late tonight" Yongguk waited for Himchan to answer. 

[Ah I see, that's okay. I'll see you later] Himchan responded, the happiness escaping his voice before he hung up.

Is this how it's always going to be? Am I going to continue enduring something so unfulfilling? Yongguk thought as he placed his phone back into his pocket.

"Yongguk are you coming?!" Yuna called to him as she waved, Yongguk nodded. As he looked into the crowd he saw Nick amongst the others, looking in Yongguk's direction. As he walked back over to his desk to pick up his bag, he could only question what was going to happen while they were out. He knew Himchan cared about him but he didn't know if he cared as much as Himchan did.

*****

Hours later, Yongguk arrived home. Fumbling for his keys, he could see that a light was on in the kitchen. As he opened the door, he saw Himchan sitting in the kitchen, his back towards the door, having a drink. Yongguk walked over and sat beside him.

"You smell of alcohol" Himchan muttered, his grip tightening around the glass.

"I went out for a drink with some co-workers! I'm tired, I don't want to talk about this right now" Yongguk shouted, as he got up from his seat and began walking out of the kitchen.

"That's all you ever do, work, come home late, and sleep" Himchan responded, also raising his voice.

"If you have a problem with it... Break up with me" Yongguk responded, his back still turned to Himchan.

Himchan pushed his seat backwards and flung his arms around Yongguk's waist. Yongguk winced as he felt Himchan's nails dig into his skin. He felt his back becoming wet. Himchan was crying.

"Don't say that! I didn't mean it. I know you're busy. I'm sorry. I don't want to make you angry. Please don't say things like that again" Himchan shouted, between sobs. He tightened his grip around Yongguk's waist as they both stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

It's always been so easy. Always so easy for him to forgive. Yongguk thought as he placed his hand on top of Himchan's.