Chapter 2: Sorry Sorry

Sapphire Maiden
Sungmin brushed a few strands of hair from Kiyo's face and gazed at her sleeping form. 'Aigoo, the poor thing.' The bruise on her forehead was more noticeable than he had thought. "Hyung, she'll be okay, right?" He asked Leeteuk, who was just leaving.
 
The leader paused for a moment, but proceeded on out. "Manager-Hyung said she'll be fine as long as she gets some rest. Just explain the situation to her when she wakes up," he replied and shut the door.
 
Sungmin nodded. But as soon as Leeteuk left, he started pacing around the room. He just felt so terrible about the entire thing. Why were they playing golf inside the house, anyway? He glanced at her again, noticing that she was moving in her sleep, and gently covered her with the blanket. 'Time to go to sleep,' he thought. And so, he did.
 
~10:30 a.m., the next morning
 
Rays of golden sunlight shone through the pastel curtains, illuminating the bright walls. A cool breeze lofted into the room and birds were chirping happily.
 
As Kiyo slept, she continued to unconsciously kick off her blanket. She inched towards the edge of the bed- so much so that she ended up rolling off- and crashed to the floor.
 
"Ow," she grimaced, massaging her aching head and hip. She squinted at the bright surroundings and furrowed her brows. 'Since when was her wall hot pink?' She surveyed the room some more, not realizing that Sungmin was just across.
 
He tossed and turned in his sleep, disturbed by all of the noise, and pulled the covers over his chest. Until he remembered about the guest. He shot out of bed instantly. "Ah, you're awake," he sat up straight, eyes focused. "About all of this-"
 
"Yah, what's going on!?" she backed up into a nearby drawer. "Who are you and what am I doing here?!"
 
"Wait, I can explain!" Yelled Sungmin, waving his arms. "You see..."
 
~And so, Sungmin described what had happened to Kiyo.
 
"Sorry," he stood up and bowed. "We really didn't mean any harm. The others were just too excited and got out of control. I apologize on their behalf."
 
"Aissh, I just got that job too and then!" She sighed, resting her head on her knees. Manager Joon would probably fire her instantly.
 
"Ah, but everything will be alright. We informed your boss about what happened," Sungmin bent down and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.
 
"Really? What did he say?"
 
"He was perfectly fine with it. They called in a replacement and he wants you to come back today for your shift."
 
'Fine?' How could he possibly be fine? 
 
Sungmin moved towards the door. "Oh yeah, wait here, I'll bring your uniform," he said and left.
 
He stumbled down the hallway, pass the members' rooms, and into the washroom. Piles of folded clothes were spread upon the table. 'Good, the clothes are already dry and folded,' he sighed in relief. He grabbed the uniform and headed back.
 
"Yah, Minnie. Is she up?" Hangeng appeared out of nowhere.
 
Sungmin nodded. "Yeah. But she seems really angry. I don't blame her, though."
 
"I know," he agreed. "Anyway, I'll go get started on breakfast. Ask her what she wants to eat."
 
"Okay."
 
When he returned, he set the clothes down on the bed. But where was she? He searched to find her slumped against the wall and rushed over.
 
"Are you okay?" He kneeled next to her.
 
She peered up at him. "You changed my clothes?"
 
He almost fell back. "Well yes- But it was raining and we didnt want you to catch a cold. We didn't see anything," he assured.
 
But all she did was sigh. She obviously was not convinced. 
 
"How could you have not seen anything, you liar!" She burrowed her face in her arms.
 
"No, I'm serious! It's not like we had a choice."
 
Kiyo calmed down. She wasn't angry really, but the thought of strangers getting that close made her feel uncomfortable. "I know. I'm sorry, I overreacted," she admitted.
 
"It's okay. Oh, do you have anything in particular that you want to eat right now? Hyung's making breakfast," he quickly changed the subject.
 
"Breakfast? Well, I appreciate it but I don't want to trouble you all. I'll go now." Kiyo stood up.
 
"No, please, this whole mess is our fault. The least we can do is offer you breakfast before you go," Sungmin insisted. "Please stay," he puffed his cheeks and pouted his lips.
 
What was this?! He was just so... cute? No, never mind that. More importantly, she didn't want them to think that they needed to do all of this solely because they felt guilty.
 
Someone else opened the door. "Ah, Kiyo. Please stay for breakfast. It'll make us all feel better about the whole incident," spoke the man.
 
"But-"
 
Leeteuk nodded at Sungmin and the two grinned back at each other.
 
"Come on, this way, Kiyo!" Sungmin announced  before she could finish her sentence. He dragged her out of the room and down stairs to the kitchen where they were welcomed by a heavenly aroma.
 
"Ah, that person over there is Hangeng." Sungmin pointed towards a man at the sink. "He's a really awesome cook."
 
"What was that? I heard my name," Hangeng turned. "Oh, hi Kiyo," He gazed down, tears trickling. "Don't mind me, I was cutting onions. Anyway, what do you want for breakfast? Sorry, but I'm mostly familiar with Chinese dishes, if that's okay. Do you like Chinese food?"
 
She nodded. He was already preparing the food. Guess she'd have to stay after all.
 
He gave her a thumbs up. "Awesome. Do you mind if I make mapo tofu, then? You've eaten it before, right?"
 
"Yes, I have. It's really good!" Kiyo smiled. Come to think of it, it had been a long time since she had eaten Chinese food. How she missed her mother's home cooking.
 
"Hyung, I brought the tofu and meat you wanted." Another person walked into the kitchen. When he noticed that Kiyo was there, he bowed immediately. 
 
"Oh, you're awake! Sorry about last night. We should have been more careful."
 
"No, don't worry about it." Kiyo replied. She was feeling bad about all of them apologizing to her.
 
"Kiyo!" Two more boys came waltzing in and took a seat at the table next to her.
 
"Shindong and Eunhyuk." Sungmin introduced.
 
"Are you feeling better?" They both asked in unison.
 
"Yeah. Sungmin explained everything and I feel fine."
 
Geez, how many of them were there? She glanced at Sungmin as he met her gaze. "How many people live here again?"
 
"15. Two are away on a trip right now, so it's only the 13 of us," Sungmin motioned to he members. "You think there's too many, don't you?" He asked, as if had read her thoughts.
 
"Well, I would imagine that it must be kinda tough for all 15 of you to live together like this. Plus, you're all guys."
 
"Yeah, it was at first. But we're used to it now. I like to think that we're all part of a big family," Sungmin beamed.
 
'Family? I guess that's a happy way to think of it.'
 
"Everyone, food's about ready!" Ryeowook shouted, rushing back and forth with a spoon in one hand and chopsticks in the other.
 
"Kiyo, you can sit down at the table over there." Sungmin motioned and made his way to the cupboard. He came back with a huge plate of steaming goodness. It looked as great as it smelled.
 
"Here you go," Sungmin handed the plate to Kiyo.
 
"Thank you." She took a bite. It was absolutely delicious, maybe even better than her mother's. "This is so good," she remarked.
 
"Right? Ah, we're lucky that we have Hangeng hyung and Ryeowookie." Sungmin praised the two, who were still busy cleaning up. "I'm gonna see if they need help," he hopped away.
 
Kiyo smiled and finished up the last bites of food. She glanced at her watch. It was already 12:15, and her shift began at 2:00. 'Better get going.' She brought her plate to the sink, where Donghae was washing dishes. He turned to take the plate, not realizing that it was Kiyo who stood before him.
 
"Ah, Kiyo." He took the plate. "Sorry for what happened last night. It was all my fault."
 
"You're Donghae then?" 
 
He nodded with a worried expression. 
 
"Oh don't worry about it. It was an accident." She assured.
 
"Really? Okay, good." He sighed in relief. "I was worried that you'd still be angry with me. You're really okay, right?"
 
"Yup. There's just a small bruise, but it should heal in no time. By the way, is this your shirt?"
 
He scanned the shirt once. "No, I think it's Kyu's. Eh, don't worry about it. He has tons of clothes."
 
"No, I'll return it to him. Where is he?"
 
"In his room, either sleeping or playing his video games. It's the last room on the left." Donghae pointed toward the hall.
 
Kiyo nodded and left the kitchen, stepping down the expansive hallway. She changed out of the t-shirt and sweatpants and into her uniform. 'Last... so it must be this one,' she closed the bathroom door and reached the end of the hall. She knocked on the door. "Excuse me." When no one responded, she decided to go in.
 
A boy was on his laptop, headphones on and rapidly tapping on the keyboard, face glued to the screen. 
 
"Excuse me.  Are you Kyuhyun?" She asked.
 
He still didn't respond. Was he deaf or was he actually ignoring her on purpose?
 
"Yah, will you answer me?" She exclaimed more than asked. 
 
Kyuhyun slammed his laptop shut and threw his head back. "What do you want?!" He snapped. 
 
"I just wanted to say thanks for letting me borrow your clothes. I'll wash them and return them to you later."
 
"Aiissh, that was my favorite shirt!" He got out of his seat and snatched the clothing out of Kiyo's grasp. "Damn, Leeteuk..."
 
"I said I'll wash it," Kiyo repeated, a bit ticked off. The way he was acting was as if she had ruined the shirt for good.
 
"You better." He sighed, returning to his desk.
 
Kiyo left without saying another word. She stopped by to say goodbye to the others and finally left for work. 'At least she wouldn't have to see them again after this,' she thought with a smile.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Chapter's finally over! I know the story's probably REALLY boring so far. Mianhe :( But it will get better soon. Will update soon. Please leave comments/ feedback. I need to know if I should continue this story or not. Thanks.