Look At Me

Look At Me

“Why am I not a man?”

Ara was sitting on the floor of  Hello Venus’ dorm, looking at the photos of Alice with her new boyfriend. She had to admit he was handsome – tall and good-looking, and he seemed really nice. If she was on Alice’s place she’d fallen for him as well.
She didn’t have a problem with Alice dating him, really. Her only problem was she was a girl and she had no chance to fight for the heart of the girl of her dreams. How could she impress her if Alice never looked at her that way? If being a man was the only way, than it was pointless for Ara…

“What am I doing?” Ara said to herself seconds before the thoughts of suicide ran through her head. Alice wasn’t her first love. Even though it was harder than any other time, she had to get over it sooner or later, right?
She quickly put the photos back in Alice’s jewelry box, where she was hiding them, and returned it to its original place in their room, seconds before the owner of the jewelry box came home.

“Hello, onnie!!” Ara cheerfully greeted the blonde. Alice waved and gave a friendly smile in response. The leader wanted her to look at her just once, to hug her just once, to be more than a friend just once… it wasn’t going to be today. Neither any other day.

“Why am I not a man?” 

A tear almost fell down her cheek, but she stopped it, like every other time before.