I'd Go Back to December All the Time

Back To December

♫ i'm so glad you made tIme to see me
how's Life, tell me hOw's your family
i haven't seen them in a while
you'Ve been good, busier than evEr
we small talk, work and the weather
YOur guard is Up and i know why


cause the last time i saw you is still burned in the back of my mind
you gave me rOses and i left them there to die


*so this is m swallowing my pride, standing in front of you, saying "i'm sorry for that night"
i'd go back to december all the time
it turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you, wishing i'd realize what i had when you were mine
i'd go bacK to december, turn around and make it alright
i'd go back to december all the time


these days i haven't been sleeping
staying up, playing back myself leaving
when your birthday passed and i didn't call
then i Think about summer, all the beautiful times
i watched you laughing from the passenger side
and realized i loved you in the fall


then the cold came, the dArk days when fear crept into my mind
you gave me all your love and all i gave you was goodbye


**so this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you, saying "i'm sorry for that night"
i'd go back to december all the time
it turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you, wishing i'd realize what i had when you were mine
i'd go back to december turn around and changE my own mind
i'd go back to december all the time


i miss your tan skin, your sweet smile
so good to me, so right
and then you held me in your arms that september night, the first time you ever saw me Cry


maybe this is wishful thinking
probablY mindless dreaming
and if we love again, i swear i'd love you right


i'd go back in time and change it, but i can't
so if the chain is on your door, i undErstand


***so this is me swallowing my pride standing in frOnt of you saying "i'm sorry for that night"
i'd go back to december
it turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you, wishing i'd realize what i had when you were mine


i'd go back to december turn around and make it alright
i'd go back to december turn around and change my own miNd
i'd go back to december all the time
all the time ♫


Jessica looked at the photo frame of her and her ex-boyfriend. It hurt her to see how happy they were at that point.

It was already the next December. It's been a year since that break up. Since then, she wished she appreciated their relationship more. She started to understand the feelings. The feeling of love.

All the memories were coming back to her. The times they spent together, good and bad. They seemed like the perfect couple, everyone thought. But at the time, she didn't think they were. She did not actually love him.

Jessica put the picture down on the bedside table, taking a tissue in her hands and wiping her tears that dripped from her eyes. She really did understand her feelings for Taecyeon, but she had heard he had moved on.

She sniffled and laid on her bed, crying softly into her pillow. "Why did I let you go, Taec? I wish I realized how much you meant to me when you were mine. I really do wish we could rekindle our love."

Taecyeon was someone who made her feel special. He always made it seem like there was no one else but her. There was no other girl he would pay attention to and he always treated her like a princess. It made her regret everything she had ever felt about him then.

"Taec, I'd go back to December if I could and change everything," she whispered and muffled into her pillow.

She sighed, knowing that it wouldn't happen. But just the thoughts of it made her cry even more. She could remember that night perfectly, the day they broke up, one year ago.

 

It was a beautiful evening in December in Boston, Massachusetts. The snow was falling and it was chilly outside. It was like the perfect night.

Taecyeon and Jessica were both living in Boston. They were the couple that everyone wanted to be. At least, that's what everyone thought.

Jessica stayed silent the whole car ride back to her house. She sat in the front passenger seat, staring out the window as Taecyeon drove her.

"Jessica? You've been pretty quiet this whole night," he said, breaking the silence. "Is there something wrong, Babe?"

Jessica bit her bottom lip. "Nothing," was all she said, blunt and cold.

Taecyeon kept glancing at her as he drove down the street. "Well, I know it's late, but I want to take you somewhere special." He drove past the houses and went to that place he aimed for.

Jessica saw that they had stopped at a park. This park was the park he had first confessed to her. This park was the park they had fallen in love at. This park was their park. "Taec," she gasped.

Taecyeon had exited the car and came to her side of the door and opened it for her. "My lady." He helped her out of the car, gripping onto her hand as he shut the door behind her.

She looked around and saw the leaveless trees, the snow covered playground, and the icy river that ran through the park. There were no words to describe how she felt about coming back to this place that meant so much to their relationship.

He felt himself burning on his cheeks. He immediately grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers together. He began walking alongside with her through the park and down the river. "Do you remember when I first confessed to you here?"

"Yes. It was one of the most happiest moments of my life," she said softly as she walked close to him, embracing the warmth he had to defeat the cold wind.

"This was also the place we fell in love," he said in a whisper against her ear.

She nodded at his words, getting the chills down her spine by the sound of his voice. She had to tell him something, but he was bringing up their memories of how they fell in love and it was holding her back. It was a hard feeling on her heart and she couldn't keep it from him no longer.

"Jessica, there's something I want to ask you," Taecyeon told her as he exhaled, seeing his cold breath fly away in the sky.

Jessica looked at him. "But first, may I say something?"

He nodded at her, giving her a warm smile and fixing the scarf that began to fall on her neck. "Anything, my love."

Jessica closed her eyes and exhaled. "Kiss me first."

Taecyeon had no trouble obeying her. He leaned down and removed the scarf from her face, tying the ends around his neck, then planted his soft, sweet kiss upon her lips, making it last moments before the winter chill pulled them apart. "What's troubling you, Love? You're trembling."

Jessica stared at him deeply with pain in her eyes. "I'm really sorry to say this, but I want to break up."

Taecyeon's mind went completely blank at that point. "What?" he questioned her words.

"I want to break up, Taecyeon. I really am sorry," she said with an apologetic face.

"What?" he questioned her again to make sure he was hearing right. "Are you serious? On the night of all nights?"

"I'm sorry, Taecyeon. I just don't find myself in love with you," Jessica said with a tear in her eye. She looked away, trying not to take in the heartfelt moment from him. "I hope you find someone that will make you happy." She let go of his hand and removed the scarf from his neck, rewrapping it around hers and turning her back towards him.

"But, Jessica, you're the one that makes me happy," he said to her, making her stop before she went. "I love you." He grabbed her wrist in his warm hands.

Jessica didn't turn back. "I'm sorry." She pulled her hand away then began to walk off which then turned into running away into the horizon of snow.

Taecyeon stared at her in disbelief as she ran far from the park. The one he loved had just broken up with him after years of dating. He reached into his pocket with agony written on his face and pulled out a small box. He opened it to find a ring inside.

A teardrop from his eye fell onto the velvet box. He used his thumb to rub the diamond on the ring. "Jessica, I love you. I'll never let you go." He shut the box with heartbroken eyes, sealing the memories of them together.

 

Jessica shut her eyes, trying to erase the painful moment of how she broke it off with Taecyeon. But it was like a tattoo and it couldn't be easily gone. It was one of the hardest things she had ever done in her whole life. Letting go of someone that truely meant something to you is painful, but to her, it was like dying inside.

She missed the moments they had together. The hand-holding. The dates. The hugs. The kisses. She missed everything about him. His laugh. His tan skin. His sweet smile. His warm embrace. His goofiness. His romance. His love. It felt like Cupid hated her for what she did, ripped out the arrow in her heart and now was left with a scar.

"Why did I ever let you go? I'm such a fool," Jessica told herself. "You were the best thing that ever happened to me."

She stood up from her bed and looked out the window, seeing the Boston late afternoon. She could see that one park from her window. That park where he confessed. That park where they fell in love. And that park where they broke up.

Jessica then grabbed her scarf, boots, and jacket and headed out the door. She wrapped the scarf around her neck, covering her chin as well to block the coldness. With her boots and jacket on, she began walking along the neighborhood.

Her walk led her to that park. The park where the many haunting memories were. She looked around and saw that it was empty for it was late. She took a stroll around the area as the snow fell upon the ground.

Seeing the playground, she took her seat at the swings, letting herself lightly swing along. She could see the sun setting into the orange and pink swirls in the sky along the horizon. She sighed deeply. "I'd go back to December all the time." She sat there, waiting for the sun to go down.

"If only you were here, Taec. If only." But she knew he wouldn't be here. She heard from his friends that he had moved out to Seoul in South Korea, thinking it was to get her off his mind. She also heard from them that he had found a new girl. Some even said that he planned on proposing to her. It only filled her expressions with sadness just thinking about it.

Jessica stood up from the swings, beginning to walk again under the starry night. The winter breeze blew in her hair.

She wished she called him on his birthday after their break up or even just a few days ago. She wished he could be by her side again. She wished that she could just be in his embrace. She wished she could just kiss him again. She wished they could rekindle that pure love they had.

Jessica hasn't gotten much sleep since then. It really haunted her of her guilt about the night.

If she could wish for something at that moment, it would be to hear the sound of his voice again. His deep and beastly voice whispering huskily in her ear. "How much I miss you. I wish I could hear your voice again."

At that moment, the sound of footsteps in the snow had caught her attention. She turned her head to look. She could see a figure's shadow in the white snow under the dark moonlight approaching her. "It really is you."

She gasped at the voice. The voice that she knew by it's sound. She looked up more and found a male figure coming towards her.

"Jessica, how much I've always wanted to see you," he said to her from a distant.

"Is it really you? Is this me wishfully thinking or is it a mindless dream?" she asked outloud to herself. "It can't be you."

"But it is me," he said to her as he approached her. "It really is me." He appeared in front of her.

"Taecyeon," she whispered with wide eyes at the figure at her feet.

"Jessica," he whispered back.

"I can't believe it is you. I thought you were in Korea."

He looked down at their feet then back at her. "I came back to visit my family and I knew I would find you here of all places."

She felt herself blushing at the thoughts of him knowing that she would be here at the park of their memories. "Taecyeon, I'm sorry, for that night," she said softly against his chest when he brought her into his embrace, swallowing the pride she had within.

He shook his head as he pulled back. "That's just a memory."

She sighed and bit her lip, staring at the snow that fell upon the ground between them. "After I let you go, my freedom just turned into missing you. I didn't realize it until now. I wish I did when you were mine. I wish I could go back to December and change everything."

He just exhaled, letting his cold breath go into the winter breeze.

Jessica looked down at her hands. "I understand if you don't want to talk to me. I know that you gave me all your love. But if we had the second chance to love again, I swear I would love you right." She then felt a tear in her eye. "But I know you have a girlfriend or maybe a fiancee now. I hope you're very happy together. I wish you the best."

Taecyeon sighed and removed the strands of hair from her porcelain-like face.

She welcomed the winter breeze upon her face and she closed her eyes as Taecyeon's strong hands slid along her face.

Taecyeon carefully took the scarf in his hands and began removing it from her neck. He had both ends in his hands and then he wrapped the ends around his neck, closing the space between them, trapping them in each others' embrace. "I have the best." He cupped her face between his palms, staring deeply at her. "And she is right in front of me." He then leaned towards her with her face in his hands and then planted that sweet kiss that she had missed ever so much upon her lips.

Jessica was surprised to see that her ex-boyfriend who was in a committed relationship with another woman was kissing her in the park that was filled with many of their memories.

Taecyeon pulled back slowly, letting them stare into one another's eyes.

Jessica then spoke up with a tender look, "Taec? What are you doing? You have another..."

"I never loved another woman. I may have moved on by finding another, but I was being held back by someone else." He used his thumbs to caress her cheeks, brushing the snow that fell upon them. "I just knew that I could not be with another," he began. "Sure, we had our ups and downs, but I knew in my heart that you were the only one for me."

Jessica was taken back by his words. She did not think that he was still in love with her especially after that hard time she gave him. "Taec...I..."

"I've always loved you, Jessica. Always have. Always will." He pulled back from their embrace and reached into his pocket. "And I want to spend the rest of my life with you and you only." He pulled out the little black, velvet box from one year ago and got down on his knee. "Jessica Jung, will you committ your life to becoming my wife and spend eternity with me?" His hopeful look from one year had come back.

Jessica had her hands over her opened mouth. She couldn't be any more shock than at this point. Taecyeon had come to propose to her, even after one year of their break up. "Taecyeon," she whispered. "I can't believe this. After all this time."

"Jessica, I never gave up on you. I knew one day that we would be back together in each others' embrace. Since one year ago, I have kept this ring safe with me until the day we met again."

One year ago? That night? Could it be that that one night they broke up, he was going to propose to her? How stupid and selfish she was.

"So, Jessica Jung, will you marry me?" Taecyeon asked her, opening the box to reveal the ring that he had kept since the previous year.

Jessica saw the diamond ring inside the box and gasped. She was about to cry more tears. "Yes," she whispered with teary eyes and a loving smile.

Taecyeon took the ring out from the pocket and placed it on her left ring finger. He stood up, putting the box back in his pocket. His hands were put along her waist and he had a wide grin spread out on his face.

Jessica s her arms around his neck as she began to cry.

Taecyeon took his thumb and wiped the tears from her eyes. "I never lost hope. I always knew you were the one." He leaned down and kissed her cherry lips. The lips that he had been wanting to kiss and the lips that he had missed over the year. He finally received that kiss that made him feel completely loved.

Jessica was pulled in his embrace tightly, warming her up from the winter coldness. It definitely felt like December.

He pulled back and stared into her starry night eyes. "I love you, Jessica." He leaned his forehead against hers as he whispered his love the message.

Jessica smiled at him. "I love you, too."

The two of them shared another passionate kiss in the park. The park where he confessed his love for her. The park where they fell in love with each other. The park where the two had split. The park where he proposed to her. And the park where they rekindled their love.

She wanted to keep her promise to him. "But if we had a second chance to love again, I swear I would love you right." Now she was going to keep that forever and love him the way she meant to love him.