Fin.

All Along (it's been you)

 

“Yixing, Yixing!” Lu Han cheerily walks inside his roommate’s bedroom, as he flashes a plush bunny in the boy’s face. “Look at what Sehun won for me!”

 

Yixing smiled at the toy, and pet its’ soft head.

 

“How was hanging out with Sehun today?” Yixing questioned the cherry Lu Han.

 

“Well, we went and had bubble tea together of course, and then headed towards the arcade. I saw the cute plush bunny, and asked if he’d get it for me. Then what do you know? He won!” Lu Han laughed crazily like a high school girl, which caused Yixing to be happy for his friend also.

 

“Anyways, I’m going to take a picture of Bunk, and put him on Instagram,” Lu Han smiled cheekily.

 

“Bunk?” Yixing arched a brow up confusedly.

 

“Yeah, my plush toy’s name. Bunk,” Lu Han answered, and then exits out of Yixing’s bedroom.

 

Seeing that Lu Han had disappeared, Yixing opened up his sketchbook and started to finish the sketch of Sehun’s left eye. He smiled at his artwork, and sighed to himself after finishing up.

 

“If only,” Yixing muttered quietly with a weak smile.

 

~

 

“Where is Yixing?” Kyungsoo asks, seeing that their other friend was missing from the group, “he’s going to miss out on the carnival.”

 

“Yixing said that he’s really tired from dance class last night. He’s going to sleep in and rest, because he has practice again tonight,” Lu Han answers before linking his arm around Sehun’s.

 

Sehun looked at Lu Han with a small smile, and slowly slips his arm out of Lu Han’s hold. The boys around cheekily snorted and chuckled, seeing that Sehun seemed a bit shy of Lu Han being touchy.

 

“It’s okay, Hunnie. We all know how much you both like each other,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and burst out laughing afterwards.

 

Sehun then jabs Chanyeol in the stomach with both of his fingers, and Chanyeol growled in pain.

 

“Oh Sehun! I’ll get you back for this!” The giant snarls.

 

After the great and long fun day at the carnival, Lu Han comes straight back to the apartment to see Kris making preparing dinner. As for Yixing, he seems to be inside his room, due to the lights being on.

 

“Xingxing, Xingxing!” Lu Han knocks on Yixing’s door uncontrollably.

 

“Just break the door while you’re at it too, yeah?” Kris sarcastically spoke up from the dining room, and Lu Han scowls at the kid. Yixing then opens the door couple seconds later, and found Lu Han waving a t-shirt at him.

 

“You should’ve came to the carnival today and get a personalized t-shirt. Sehun got me one, and isn’t it cute?” Lu Han says, showing off the t-shirt he had personalized on there with his name and cute drawings on it.

 

“It’s cute,” the smiling Yixing replies, and Lu Han chuckled nodding his head.

 

“Dinnertime,” Kris speaks up, interrupting Lu Han’s wonderful everyday stories of spending with Sehun.

 

“Not hungry!” Lu Han responded back with a grin plastered on his face. “The boys and I went out for dinner already. Just eat with Yixing.” Kris rolled his eyes at how Lu Han is being such a high school girl, and Yixing cackled at the giant.

 

“Don’t you ever get tired of listening to his stories?” Kris questioned, while serving rice onto Yixing’s plate.

 

“Nope. It sounds really fun, and sometimes I wish I had time to spend it with Sehun or with the boys,” Yixing replied.

 

Kris shakes his head, not even wondering how Yixing would be that thoughtful, “you’re crazy.”

 

Yixing smiles at his roommate, and then proceeded on with dinner.

 

~

 

As the days past, Lu Han would continuously talk to Yixing about him and Sehun’s dates. Sometimes, Lu Han even asks Yixing if Sehun would happen to ask him out. Lu Han is curious of course, and Yixing said to just give Sehun time. The boys teasing might still make Sehun shy about it, and Lu Han nods his head in understanding.

 

“Hey, Sehun might drop off my sweater for me, so please get it. I forgot to bring it inside last night,” Lu Han tells Kris, who is busying himself with his online classes.

 

“Yeah, whatever,” Kris replies, barely hearing what Lu Han was explaining to him.

 

Lu Han then steps out for his part time job, and leaves the responsibility of Kris picking up his sweater from Sehun in his hands.

 

*Knock, knock *

 

“Lu Han,” Kris calls out, as he was still on the computer. Another knock came again at the door, and Kris then realizes that no one is home. Frustrated with his homework and whoever that person is bothering him; Kris infuriately gets up from the computer desk and opens the door.

 

“Hey Kris. I cam to drop off—“

 

“Lu Han’s room is over there,” Kris says, tilting his head to the left, and heading back to the computer desk to finish his homework. Sehun was confused, but Kris’ look seemed intimidating than usual days. Instead, he just went along and followed down the tiny hallway of where Kris had directed Lu Han’s bedroom.

 

Coming to find a bedroom door that is slightly opened, Sehun shrugged and somewhat pushed it open slowly. Seeing the inside of the mysterious bedroom, Sehun was sure it wasn’t Lu Han’s bedroom. Also, the bedroom couldn’t have belonged to Kris, as it had a guitar sitting next to the closet.

 

It has to be Yixing’s room, and Sehun nosily checked inside.

 

Coming upon a black sketchbook, Sehun picked it up and flipped turned the thick cover, opening the book. There were beautiful sketches of nature, animals, and then Sehun gasped at what he saw next.

 

Himself.

 

Interested in seeing what he saw, Sehun continued digging inside the sketchbook some more. There were multiple great drawings of him when he and Yixing did hangout, and even some random ones.

 

Pushing his door open all the way, Yixing tiredly raises his head up to find Sehun inside his bedroom. Not only was seeing Sehun inside a shock, but Sehun looking through his sketchbook had blood rushing up entirely to Yixing’s head.

 

“Hey!” Yixing shouted, scaring Sehun. The boy was about to give Yixing a compliment about being a great artist, but Yixing hastily jumped towards Sehun by trying to grab the book off his hands.

 

“What’s wrong? Just let me take a look at it,” Sehun chuckles, not letting Yixing reach for the sketchbook.

 

“You’re so nosy, Sehun. Give it back,” Yixing tells the young boy, but Sehun doesn’t care to listen. Instead, Sehun teasingly hops on Yixing’s bed, and tries getting away.

 

“Sehun—“

 

Yixing was stopped shortly, when Sehun accidentally slips off Yixing’s bed. With open arms, Yixing caught Sehun cautiously, and the two rolled over with Yixing lying on top.

 

“Are you okay?” Yixing asked worriedly, not even remembering about his sketchbook. Without hearing a response, Sehun sat up with his elbows holding his weight, and pressing his lips onto Yixing’s.

 

Surprised at what just happened, Yixing pulled away as fast as possible, remembering that his roommate Lu Han likes Sehun. With seeing Yixing getting off of him, Sehun then stood up afterwards and awkwardly scratches his nape.

 

“I’m sorry,” the young boy murmurs, and heads out of Yixing’s bedroom. Shutting his eyes tightly and hitting his forehead, Sehun couldn’t believe what he had done.

 

Kris came walking towards the hallway, and wondered why Sehun seemed to be abusing himself. “Are you alright?” The giant asks. Sehun nods his head, and heads out of the apartment bidding a quick goodbye.

 

Confused at how sudden Sehun rushed out, Kris poked his head inside Yixing’s room to check up on him. “I heard a loud thud. Did you scare the crap out of Sehun or something?” Kris questions, but Yixing remained silent.

 

“Hello, earth to Yixing,” Kris says, waving a hand in front of the boy’s face.

 

“I’m going to shower now,” Yixing replied, and left a confused Kris shrugging away.

 

~

 

It’s almost been a month now, and every time both Sehun and Yixing sees each other, the two would be awkward around one another. Well, it’s not like Yixing doesn’t like Sehun, or Sehun wanting to grab Yixing and kiss the living out of him.

 

“Come, come, let’s sit around and play spin the bottle!” Baekhyun gathers everyone, as he sits next to Kris.

 

One by one, everyone sat next to their partners, and as for Yixing, he was stuck sitting in between Sehun and Jongdae. It was truly an awkward feeling, but Yixing brushed it off without thinking much.

 

With the couple first five spins, everyone had done their share of the truth or dare pick. As Yixing sits down watching the bottle, he prays for the bottle to not land on him, and sips on his beer casually.

 

“Sehun!” Jongin cheers, as the bottle points at the young kid. Sehun rolls his eyes, sipping his beer not wanting to even to tell any truths or do any dares.

 

“Truth, or dare?” Everyone gave Sehun a sly smile, and Sehun exhaled deeply just wanting to get this over with. He knows for sure they’re going to dare him to kiss Lu Han, so he wanted to say truth. But they’ll ask about Lu Han too, and Sehun has no choice after all.

 

“Dare,” the young kid answers. Jongin clasps his fingers together, and smirks.

 

“I dare you to kiss the person you’re attracted to in this room,” Jongin says, and Lu Han shoots his eyes towards Sehun.

 

Nodding his head, Sehun turned towards his left and kisses Yixing, who seemed to have not been paying attention. The group of friends gasped aloud, especially Lu Han, who Yixing saw after pushing Sehun off of him.

 

Jongin was the only one giggling, since the alcohol beverage was getting to him of course. Kyungsoo had to slap Jongin’s arm to snap him back to reality, seeing that Lu Han had darted towards his bedroom, with Yixing following him.

 

“I…I’m… I’m so sorry,” Sehun apologized, getting up from the floor. However, his apology didn’t seem to have been accepted, when Kris grabbed the kid’s collar, and dragged him out of the apartment.

 

“If you didn’t like Lu Han, you shouldn’t have led him on like that,” Kris spoke up harshly at the kid.

 

“Please, let me talk to him,” Sehun pleaded, but Kris pointed for Sehun to leave the apartment complex.

 

“It’d be best if you leave now. This isn’t the first time Lu Han and Yixing had to go through a guy mixing his feelings up between them. So if you just leave like that guy, I think it’d be great if you never return,” the giant tells Sehun with an irate tone, and soon slams the door in front of the boy’s face.

 

~

 

Guilty.

 

That’s what Sehun has been feeling like, ever since he had kissed Yixing. But it wasn’t as if he didn’t want to in the first place. However, what Kris had said was right.

 

If he didn’t like Lu Han, he shouldn’t have led the man on. Then again, Sehun didn’t see how he had made Lu Han like him. Sehun was just being a nice friend.

 

“Well don’t you look like ?” Jongin says, poking his head inside Sehun’s room.

 

Sehun rolls over to face the wall, as he doesn’t want to see anyone right now too. “Leave me alone.”

 

Jongin heaves a sigh, and instead of leaving the kid alone, he jumps right onto Sehun’s bed.

 

“What the , hyung?” Sehun hisses, sitting up, slightly annoyed at what Jongin is doing. Jongin chuckles at Sehun’s angry face, and pokes the boy’s forehead.

 

“Why are you such an idiot, Oh Sehun?” Jongin queried, and Sehun scoffs.

 

“I understand what I did wrong, okay? Now leave me alone, because I’m going to back to feeling like ,” Sehun replies, lying back down on his bed and crossing his arms.

 

“I’m not talking about that. Oh gosh, you really are an idiot,” the other boy face palmed himself, shaking his head.

 

Sehun then sits back up again, wondering what Jongin really meant. “Tell me then, because I don’t want to be an idiot.”

 

“Are you just going to sit here and not fight for the one you like?” Jongin asks, trying to through to Sehun’s mind to not listen to anything Kris had said, and get Yixing’s heart.

 

After Jongin exits out of Sehun’s bedroom, Sehun started to think long and hard about Yixing. There wasn’t ever a time where Yixing had showed him any signs. Or has he, and Jongin was probably right about him being oblivious? Moreover, Sehun seemed more into Jongdae or possibly Minseok hyung.

 

Grabbing his sweater, Sehun slips it on along with his socks. Pacing towards the front door, Sehun pulls his shoes on, and dashes outside running speedily towards Yixing’s apartment complex.

 

Knocking on the door hastily, Kris was the one to open instead. Sehun gulped in fear seeing the giant stand before him.

 

“Didn’t I tell you—“

 

“Please, Kris. I know as of right now, you really want to rip my lips off my face, but let me just see Lu Han and Yixing,” Sehun quickly cuts through the giant’s words bravely.

 

Kris breathed heavily, and then pushed the door open for Sehun to get inside. “I’m giving you five minutes to make this right, because they’re not speaking with each other.”

 

Sehun nods his head, and headed towards Lu Han’s door first. Although he’s prepared for whatever Lu Han may throw at him, Sehun wanted to tell the older boy that he’s been into Yixing all along.

 

Lu Han opened the door of course, and Sehun felt the guilt eating up his insides, as the man’s eyes were red from crying.

 

“Hyung, I—“

 

“Save it, Sehun. I know that you don’t like me, and it hurts a lot. However, Yixing is also a nice person, and I hope that you won’t lead him on like what you did with me. It’s over, Sehun. I’ll throw each and every single thing you had given and won for me. Now run along to Yixing, and let’s act as if nothing ever happened,” Lu Han spoke up instead, and soon shuts the door on Sehun’s face.

 

“Okay, that went well,” Sehun mumbles, and turns around to knock on Yixing’s door.

 

Yixing slowly opens the door without looking up, afraid of looking at Lu Han, knowing that his friend is truly upset at him.

 

“Yixing, you look so tired. Have you slept at all?”

 

Immediately staring up from the bedroom door, Yixing saw that it was Sehun instead of Lu Han.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yixing asked with wide eyes.

 

“I came here to apologize for ruining your friendship with Lu Han. I didn’t mean to have hurt you both in any way. Seriously, I had no idea that I was leading Lu Han on, because my feelings have always been stuck on you. However, I wasn’t sure if you liked me back, because you seemed happier hanging out with Jongdae and Minseok hyung,” Sehun quickly explains.

 

“Two minutes!” Kris shouts from the living room.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes, and looks at Yixing with his apologetic eyes.

 

“Say something, Yixing. Please say something,” Sehun pleaded, knowing how short of the time being given is left.

 

Yixing then slowly opens his mouth, but closes it. Sehun wanted to bang his head onto the wall, seeing that Yixing seems speechless.

 

“If you hate me, I understand. I would hate myself too, since I’m straight up dumb,” Sehun continues on.

 

“You’re right you are,” Kris speaks up, and leans on the hallway wall. Sehun glances back at the speechless Yixing, and hope that the boy would speak out soon.

 

“How can I trust your feelings, if you didn’t like Lu Han as much as had you said? What if you’re confused? I mean, look at how many dates you both on,” Yixing finally speaks, and Sehun was gladly to answer them all.

 

“Times up, kid,” Kris tells Sehun, and the boy turns to look at the giant with pleading eyes. “I don’t care. I said I’d give you five minutes only.”

 

“Five minutes is not enough to get what I love, Kris!” Sehun fires up, and Yixing stared at Sehun wide eyed.

 

“What did you say?” Both Yixing and Kris ask at the same time.

 

Sehun slapped his forehead mentally, and then turned to look at Yixing before Kris could drag him out.

 

“Yixing, I’m not sure if I like you, but I know for a fact that I love you. That day when I came over and stepped inside your room, I am sorry for being nosy. But your artwork is beautiful, and I was thrilled to have seen that you drew me. Which is why I gave you that kiss directly, thinking that maybe you liked me too. Your facial expression seemed rejecting, and so I left with no hope of us being together. Then that stupid spin the bottle game played, and again, I couldn’t control myself. You’ve been the only one I’m attracted to, and all along, it’s been you.”

 

Yixing stood there in disbelief, whilst Kris cleared his throat multiple times.

 

“Wow,” Lu Han wowed from behind Sehun.

 

“Sorry, Lu Han. You’re more like a best friend to me than a lover,” Sehun apologized again, and Lu Han gave the kid a weak smile.

 

Turning back to look at Yixing, Sehun hoped that the older boy would accept his open confession.

 

“You really are an idiot, Sehun,” Yixing said, and Sehun dropped his shoulders instantly. “But it doesn’t mean that I don’t like you either. I’ve been into you for god knows how long, and I thought you were into Lu Han all this time instead.”

 

Sehun then grinned at what Yixing had said, and pulled him in for a hug.

 

“Mark my words, Sehun. You hurt Yixing, and I will hurt you twice as much,” Lu Han warns the kid.

 

“I won’t ever dare break Yixing’s heart,” Sehun replies, and kisses Yixing’s head.

 

fin.