That Promise

That Promise (Wait For Me Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What?! He went out?!” Sungmin yelled in shock. His dark brown orbs widened slightly as he moved a few strands of his raven hair which were sticking on his forehead away using his slender fingers. He turned to take a look at all the members behind him. Yesung simply stared back at him, not sure what to do in this situation while the others still had their attention towards the eternal maknae in front of them.

 

“Yes, he went out right after you guys went to the recording. I am in the kitchen washing the dishes that time. I saw him sleeping before that and when I finished washing them, I went back to check on him but he was gone. He did not tell us where he went though and just disappear without any sound.” Ryeowook’s face clear with fear and worry. Fear that the older members would be angry at Kyuhyun and worry for his best friend being out there in the dark alone. Ryeowook kicked an invisible stone on the floor nervously with his head bent low. He did not dare to look at his hyungs faces at all. He found the floor was more interesting to stare at than the various expressions on the members’ faces.

 

“Did you guys call him yet?” Shindong who was supporting injured Donghae asked. Donghae on the other hand shifted uncomfortably in Shindong’s grip after feeling a slight pain on his knee from the increased of pressure on it.

 

“Yes, but guess what? He did not bring his phone with him!” Heechul yelled. His usually calm personality disappeared, replaced with a frown on his pretty face. He kept thinking about their little brother’s safety. The innocent phone in his hand flew across the room and met the wall just to be smash into small pieces. Others just sighed at the view. They were already adapted to Heechul’s habit of throwing or smashing things around him when he was frustrated or angry. ‘! Now I need to buy a new one!’ Heechul cursed in his mind.

 

“Aissh this kid! Where did he go?!” Eunhyuk ruffled his blonde bang in frustration. The latter looked at the digital clock on his phone screen before shuffling the contact list to call anyone that the maknae might hang out with.

 

It had been thirty minutes after the boy had disappeared and there was no sign of the maknae. The members were worried about Kyuhyun since his antibody was not as strong after the accident 4 years ago. He could easily sick even when he was exposed in the cold temperature for a short period. The night air in Seoul at night can be too cold for his body to take. Added with his sick state right now, totally not a good idea to be out there.

 

Meanwhile, the leader of the group walked towards the living room. He tossed his brown leather bag and the jacket he wore on the floor and sat down on the comfortable couch. His mind was filled with regret and worry, added with tiredness and soreness of his body, they really made he felt like .

 

A sigh escaped Leeteuk’s pink lips as he closed his eyes hoping it would lessen his fatigue, but the result was different. An image appeared in his head. The image of the maknae, Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was smiling and his face shown nothing but happiness. He looked so innocent and pure, totally opposite from everyone else had described. People knew him as an evil sharp-tongued boy who was not afraid to bully his hyungs. They were all right because Kyuhyun had his own ways to show his affection. They were exactly Kyuhyun’s personality but not the ‘evil’ part. The maknae was not evil. He was far from evil. He was so innocent. More innocent than anyone in Super Junior including Leeteuk himself. The maknae was so sensitive. Just a little mistake could pierce the maknae’s fragile soul. A little snap, a higher tone of voice, a mean word, any of them could break apart Kyuhyun’s heart.

 

Regret filled the Super Junior leader’s mind. He felt so foolish for yelling in front of Kyuhyun. He had hurt Kyuhyun and now the boy disappeared. He was the source of the problem. It was all his fault.

 

‘How could I did that to Kyuhyun? Damn it Park Jungsoo!!’ Leeteuk groaned in frustration. He hated himself for what he did to the innocent boy. He recalled the event that happened earlier that day.

 

 

 

Flashback…

 

 

Super Junior was at a music show called Inkigayo for a recording. It had been a few weeks since their Mr. Simple comeback stage there and today, liked always, they were nominated for the first place in the weekly chart.

 

They were resting in the changing room provided for their team during the free time after the pre-recording. They had three to four hours before the live stage. Some of the members went back to their dorm while Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk and Donghae were the only four who stayed at the SBS studio.

 

They played together for a while before Leeteuk excused himself to take a nap. He pulled the blanket over his face and closed his tired eyes. He was asleep for a few minutes when suddenly he felt something trickled down his forehead. He opened his eyes and sat up. His eyes met the sight of Donghae who was giggling while holding a bottle cap. Leeteuk rubbed his wet forehead and realized that his dongsaeng had poured mineral water on him.

 

“Don’t do that. I want to sleep.” Leeteuk said with a fake smile. He did not want to scold his dongsaengs even though he was a little bit angry with them. He still got his patience, so he just shrugged it and laid down to continue his nap. He heard Eunhyuk whispered something to Donghae before he drifted to sleep again. Not long after that, Leeteuk was awaked with the same feeling as before. He sat up again and looked around.

 

“Stop it now.” he said with a quite serious expression. His lips twitched upside as a smile appeared on his face. Not a good one though. Eunhyuk caught Leeteuk’s mood from his seat across the latter but he decided to just watch quietly. Leeteuk went back to sleep hoping that his dongsaengs had enough with the joke and let him take a rest.

 

Donghae on the other hand did not catch the situation. He was debating with himself whether to pour the water on the leader or not. Suddenly, the door opened and a smiling Kyuhyun stepped into the room. He looked at his hyungs and wanted to join their play. Being an innocent maknae, he did not realize the real situation.

 

“Hyung, I will do it.” Kyuhyun grabbed the bottle cap on Donghae’s hand while smiling. He poured the water on Leeteuk and went hiding behind the couch excitedly. He did not have any idea the event that would come afterward.

 

 

Leeteuk POV

 

I drifted back to sleep after two failed attempts to sleep peacefully. Eunhyuk and Donghae kept pouring the water on me but I must be rational right now. I did not want to ruin the good mood of my dongsaengs by yelling at them. My mood was not very good since the performance with Victoria and Luna. Well, Luna was injured and that was really depressing since she was one of my dongsaengs. Seeing her in pain was really bothering. Suddenly, I felt wet for the third time during this free time.

 

That was it! My patience had gone into the drain and now I am very angry. They poured water on me again!

 

“WHO WAS IT?!” I yelled while throwing the blanket at Donghae who was standing not far from me. He was smiling but that was before I snarled at him.

 

“Hyung, it’s not me.” Donghae said. I eyed Hyukjae on the couch a few meters from me and I saw he was giggling. My heart was on fire so I walked to him. I hit him on the head making him hissed in pain.

 

“WAS IT YOU?!!” I yelled at him. He looked up and shouted at me. “IT WAS NOT ME!!!” Well, I would be honest here. I am very shocked. This was the first time he shouted at me. He usually behaved in front of me. I backed off from him a little bit and suddenly Kyuhyun appeared from behind the couch while smiling widely.

 

“Hyung, it was me.” Kyuhyun said while raising his right hand in the air.

 

My head already blown up with a loud BOOM! I could feel my ears and nose fuming with anger. I walked towards Kyuhyun in a fast pace. When I was in front of Kyuhyun, I pushed him backward and smacked his head hard using my palm. I saw something moving from the tail of my eye but I just ignored it.

 

Kyuhyun was stunned. His eyes widened in shock and automatically, his hand climbed up to his head to rub it. He tried to look up but before he could see my face, I landed another hard smack on his head making it hung low.

 

“YOU BRAT! WHY DID YOU THAT?!!!” I shouted. I stared at Kyuhyun’s now quite messy hair.

 

Suddenly, I remembered something. I looked around the room and saw all eyes were on us. All the staffs were watching our argument, or maybe just my sudden outburst. Shindong, who was sleeping earlier stared wide eyes at me. Same went to Eunhyuk and Donghae. I forgot about them.

 

Feeling embarrassed with the whole commotion, I turned around and walked towards the restroom to cool my anger down. I looked out through the window and a huge realization hit me.

 

“Oh my goodness… what have I done?”

 

I stared at my reflection when suddenly Kyuhyun walked in. He stood a few meters behind me and stared at my reflection on the glass window with an expressionless face. I turned around to face him and waited for him to speak up.

 

“Hyung, no matter what I did, isn’t this wrong?”

 

It left me speechless. His tone of voice, the way his orbs stared into mine, it showed a total betrayed feeling. I noticed how his eyes started to get teary.

 

“You know I always care for you right? But, how could you do this to me hyung?” a lone tear escaped his almond shaped eye. I felt my own eyes started to get blurry too. I did not want him to look at me in this state. I turned towards the window back and tried my hardest to sustain the tears.

 

“Just leave Kyuhyun-ah.” I said sternly.

 

He took a few seconds to process my words. After that, he turned his back towards me and walked a few steps towards the door before stopping. I looked at his figure and the next thing he said left me dumbfounded.

 

“You promised you won’t hurt me anymore… Liar.”

 

 

End of Leeteuk POV

 

 

 

Kyuhyun walked out of the restroom without taking any more glance at the Super Junior leader. His heart was too sore even to look at the person he respected the most. Yes, the person he respected the most. The one who made he felt like this.

 

He stepped outside the bathroom and closed the door slowly. Usually if someone was sad or angry, they would shut the door with a loud bang, but Kyuhyun was not like that. He did not like to show off his emotion to anyone. He moved quietly from that place and went to a balcony after wiping his tears of course. He did not want people to see his tears. He stood there at the balcony and stared at the blue sky. His aching heart would take a while to calm that was for sure.

 

 

Meanwhile in the changing room…

 

Shindong who witnessed the fight between the leader and the maknae was dumbfounded on his seat. Well, of course you would be very shocked if you woke up just to see your beloved youngest brother being pushed and hit by the oldest brother who should be the one who protect the younger one.

 

He snapped out from his reverie when the changing room was attacked with bunch of noisy human being. Shindong looked up just in time to see Heechul, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin and Siwon walked in with cheerful faces. Upon seeing the gloomy atmosphere in the changing room, their laughter died out in a blink of eyes.

 

“H-hey guys, what’s going on? Is everything okay?” Sungmin stuttered out awkwardly. His eyes glanced between Shindong, Eunhyuk and the teary Donghae. An awkward silent entered the room. After a few moment, sob was heard instead of an answer. Donghae who was sitting on the couch near the door burst out crying. In the panic state, Siwon ran towards Donghae, his best friend to comfort the man meanwhile Eunhyuk and Shindong were still silent.

 

Sensing something off with three members, Heechul walked towards the staffs calmly. All the staffs stopped all the works they were doing and focused on the gorgeous man that was approaching. Heechul took off his sunglasses and hung it on the rim of his shirt.

 

“Guys, what happen here? Where are Jungsoo and Kyuhyunnie?” Heechul asked.

 

The staffs looked at each other before answering. “Heechul-sshi, actually when you guys were gone earlier, they had an argument. When I said ‘they’ I meant Leeteuk-sshi, Eunhyuk-sshi and Kyuhyun-sshi. Well, Donghae-sshi also involved in it but it did not really matter. The worst part was…..” the male staff stopped for a while and glanced helplessly at his friend beside him. Sharing a knowing looks, his female staff friend spoke in his behalf. “Leeteuk-sshi hit Kyuhyun-sshi.”

 

Heechul’s eyes widened. “Huh? Are you guys kidding?”

 

The staffs just shrugged. “Well, that was what we saw earlier.” They continued their previous works, leaving Heechul standing there alone.

 

“Chullie hyung, what happen?” Ryeowook appeared beside Heechul looking bewildered than ever. His head poking from behind Heechul’s shoulder looking straight at the staffs. Heechul turned his head to look at his dongsaeng. Heaving a sigh, he dragged Ryeowook back to the members.

 

…………………….

 

 

Leeteuk walked out of the bathroom after shading a lot of tears in front of the mirror. Laughing at how pitiful he looked right now, he made his way to find Kyuhyun. He made a note in his brain to punish his self later but now his priority was to apologize to the maknae. He walked around the SBS building, looking around for the latter.

 

After sometime, he saw Kyuhyun on the balcony at another building across the studio. Leeteuk quickly ran towards the building, ignoring the surrounding. Too uneasy to wait for the elevator, he climbed up the stairs to the fifth floor. He sprinted towards the balcony and was panting when he arrived at the place. He caught the sight of the maknae crying while staring at the sky. The crystal clear liquid that trickled down his chubby cheeks showing no sign of stopping.

 

Leeteuk was left speechless looking at the maknae’s condition right now. The maknae was crying. It was something uncommon in their group since the maknae was not an easy crier. Making Kyuhyun sniffing like this was really shocking.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I am sorry. Let’s talk.” Leeteuk said hesitantly from the place he was standing around five meters behind the younger.

 

Kyuhyun just quiet. He let out a heartbreaking sigh before silently speaking. “I don’t want to talk to you right now. I have nothing to say.”

 

Kyuhyun then walked away, passing Leeteuk on his way and went to the rooftop leaving Leeteuk there alone.

 

 

…………………….

 

 

Super Junior won the trophy for that week and now they were on their way back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter