Confession

Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was the last day of school and all the students were running out the middle school grounds excitedly. Everyone was ready for the summer and all of them were heading straight home except for two people at the back of the school.

Sulli, the smartest and most quiet girl in her class, stood nervously in front of Minho, the most popular jock at the back of the school.

“Choi Min Ho.”

Min Ho looked at the girl in front of him. She had long dark hair that came all the way down her back covering her face as she stared down the ground. He knew her because she helped him once with his studies when he was failing and he badly needed to pass to keep his position in the soccer team.

“Choi Sulli.” He copied her.

“Ano…” Min Ho could see how nervous she was. He knew it took all of her nerves just to ask him out here.

He thought she might confess to him, but he crossed that one since he knew there was no way Sulli would like him. He heard from someone that she hated jocks.

“Sulli, you wanted to talk to me… regarding what?” Min Ho asked as he observed her more.

“Min Ho-ah…” Sulli finally raised her head and looked him straight in the eye. “I like you… will you go out with me?”

 

~~ Confession ~~



Minho, Taemin, and Key were doing their last minute shopping before the new semester started.

“I think we got all that we need.” Key said as he looked inside his shopping bag.

“I think so too.” Taemin agreed and excitedly suggested... “How about we go to the arcade?”

Key looked at Minho. Minho just shrugged and Taemin started walking towards the arcade followed by the other two when Minho stopped on his tracks. Right across the arcade was the store 21Forever and he saw someone familiar.

“Hyung…” Taemin called when he noticed Minho stopped following him.

Key walked beside Minho and followed the line of his vision. He then saw Amber, Luna, and another girl who looked so familiar.

“What are you looking at?” Key asked Minho.

“Do you know those girls that just walked in that store?” Minho asked while pointing at 21Forever's direction without taking his eyes off the one girl he noticed.

“Yeah, they were in our class last semester.” Key answered him.

“Who are they?”

“Sheesh… you don’t even know your own classmates?” Taemin popped out of nowhere.

“I don’t pay much attention. So? Who are they?”

Key looked at Minho curiously. “The one with a black shirt and hat is Amber. The one with blond highlights is Luna.”

Minho finally looked at Key. “How about the third girl?”

Key looked back at the store and saw the three girls through the window looking at a purse. He frowned. “I don’t think I know that girl.”

Taemin, curiously looked at the other girl. He frowned for a minute before it clicked. He remembered her. He looked at Minho with a grin on his face. “I remembered her! That’s Sulli.”

Minho was surprised. “Sulli? As in Choi Sulli?”

Taemin nodded his head. “Yeah, the one and only.”

“Wait…” Key held is hand up. “Is that the same Sulli who confessed to you during our graduation from Middle School?”

“It was after the graduation ceremony behind the school.” Taemin corrected Key.

“Well, sorry for not getting it right. There were a few girls who confessed to Minho that day. How should I know she was the last one to confess and right after the ceremony?” Key stuck his tongue out to Taemin.

“Hyung…” Taemin looked at Key with a sad look. “Sometimes I think you act more childish than me.”

Key glared at him. “You brat.”

Minho wasn’t paying attention at all and asked. “How come I didn’t see her during our first year in High School?”

Key and Taemin looked at each other and then shrugged.

“You might want to ask Onew Hyung about that. He is the one who knows who’s who and what everyone was doing or not doing.” Key suggested.

Taemin looked at his watch and jumped. “Hyung, let’s go. We only have few hours before we meet up with Onew and Jong Hyun. I want to play at least an hour.”

Taemin didn’t even wait for an answer and just grabbed both of Key and Minho’s arm and dragged them with him inside the arcade.

 

~~ Confession ~~



Minho finally met with their other friends for dinner. He sat beside Onew to ask him a few questions regarding Choi Sulli without raising any attention. He was disappointed that Onew didn’t know anything about Sulli and where she was during their freshman year. He did mention something interesting.

 

~ Flashback ~

“Sulli?” Onew asked. “No, I don’t think I know what happened to her after middle school.”

“I thought you know everyone and everything.” Minho frowned.

“I do, but only inside the school. Anything outside that happened I don’t care much about.”

Minho sighed.

“But…” Onew remembered something. “You might want to ask Jong Hyun.”

“Why do I need to ask him?” Minho frowned.

“Oh, you don’t know?” Onew teased. “Jong Hyun and Sulli are neighbors. And I believe their families are really close to each other.”

~ End of Flashback ~~




Minho tilted his head on the side as he walked towards his class. Jong Hyun knew that Sulli confessed to him, but he didn’t say anything at all. In fact…he looked more worried than amused when he brought that up.

Minho shook his head. He needed to stop thinking about her.

Minho finally arrived in his new classroom.

“Hey Minho!” One of the guys called. “We’re in the same class again this year!”

Minho smiled. “Yeah, so you need to behave.”

“Minho-ah!” A girl jumped in front of him. “We’re in the same class this year!” She squealed which pained his ears.

He smiled a little. “Yeah.”

“Sit beside me!” The girl started to pull him towards the seat beside her when he noticed one empty chair beside his friend Jong Hyun.

“I’m sorry.” Minho pulled his arm from the girl. “My friend saved me a seat at the back.” Minho didn’t even wait for the girl’s response as he bolted across the class room and sat beside his friend Jong Hyun.

“I see that Uee got her sights on you again this year.” Jong Hyun laughed at his friend.

“Not funny.” Minho glared at his friend. Then he remembered what Onew said to him yesterday regarding Sulli.

“Hey Jong Hyun…” Minho leaned closer to Jong Hyun and whispered. “Do you know anything about Sulli?”

Jong Hyun frowned. “Sulli? Choi Sulli?”

Minho nodded.

“Why are you asking about her?” Jong Hyun whispered too.

“I think I saw her yesterday at the mall and it occurred to me that I haven’t seen her since middle school.”

“You mean since she confessed to you?” Jong Hyun looked stoic. “Why are you interested now?”

Minho looked down on his desk trying to decide if he should tell his friend and decided not to. “Oh I don’t know. I was just curious.”

Jong Hyun looked at him suspiciously.

“What?” Minho asked.

Jong Hyun hesitated at first but decided to answer him. “Why not ask her yourself.”

“What do you mean?” Minho looked lost.

Jong Hyun smiled mischievously this time as he pointed behind his back.

Curious, Minho turned towards behind him. He was shocked and almost fell off his seat when he saw Sulli sitting there, just a foot from him, reading a book.

He looked back at his friend Jong Hyun, who was obviously enjoying his discomfort.

He glared at him before switching back his attention to Sulli.

Sulli, with her long straight hair and white porcelain skin, was in her own world as she read the book in front of her. He noticed how their school uniform looked good on her, especially the royal blue colored blazer.

Minho was still looking at Sulli when a boy in their class walked up to her.

“Sulli.” The boy nervously called her name.

Sulli looked up to see the boy and smiled at him which made the boy more nervous.

“Yeah?”

“Ano…” The boy started. “Can I talk to you after class?”

Minho noticed how Sulli’s face changed for a second before she placed that smile on her face again.

“Sure.” Sulli answered.

The boy was energized. “Thank you! I’ll see you later then.”

Minho saw the boy walk back to where his friends were at and was patted on his shoulder and the same time pushed playfully by his friends for asking Sulli and heard their encouragement.

When he looked back at Sulli he saw her frown a bit before looking back down at her book. He observed her for a while and he noticed that she had been staring at that one page for more than a minute.

He couldn’t resist it anymore, so he asked. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” She answered a few seconds later without looking at him.

Minho tried again. He wanted her to look at him and see her reaction. “You don’t look fine at all.” Minho smiled to himself when he saw Sulli trying to calm down.

“I am fine. Please leave me alone.” Sulli said when she looked at him.

Minho waved and just smiled at her.

“You!” she frowned at she realized who her seat mate would be.

Minho was satisfied from her reaction. It was a mixture of surprise and annoyance.

“Jong Hyun Oppa!” Sulli looked behind Minho.

Minho was surprised. ‘Jong Hyun Oppa? since when?’

“Yes Sulli-ah?” Jong Hyun answered from behind him which made him turn around and looked at his longtime friend who was grinning mischievously at him.

“Why are you sitting there?!” Sulli growled softly which Minho was shocked to hear. The sweet, shy Sulli could growl like that.

“Well, I don’t like the sun glaring at my face when I sleep.” Jong Hyun explained as he laid his head once again on his arms on the table.

“What glare?!” Sulli looked confused. “It’s cloudy outside and it’s about to rain.”

“Sulli-ah, leave your lovable Oppa alone.”

Sulli was about to say something when their teacher walked in the classroom.

“Good morning class. I’m your homeroom teacher.” He announced.

“Yes!” some of the students cheered.

“We love you Choi Sensei!” One of the girls screamed out.

Mr. Choi just laughed. “I love everyone here too. So, let’s start this new semester with a good feeling. Now open your text book on chapter 1.”

Minho saw how his classmates react with their teacher. Mr. Choi Siwon has been teaching here since last year and he became popular fast.

He looked beside him and noticed Sulli looking at their teacher with actual admiration on her face. He frowned. He looked back at his teacher and was surprised to see him looking at Sulli.

Minho sat up straight when Mr. Choi gave a wink to Sulli. He looked at Sulli and embarrassingly looked down on her book.

‘What’s going on?!’ Minho yelled in his head.

 

~~ Confession ~~



Sulli’s friends Amber and Luna picked her up during lunch. They noticed that Minho was sitting beside Sulli.

“Hey Sulli-ah.” Amber elbowed her to get attention since she was in her own little world.

“Hmm?” Sulli answered.

“I saw Minho sitting beside you.” Amber looked at Sulli’s reaction. “Are you okay with that?”

Sulli frowned. “Why will I not be okay with that?”

Luna stopped walking. “Really? You’re asking that?”

Sulli sighed. “Fine…I was surprised to see him too. But what do you want me to do?”

“Kicked his ?” Amber suggested as she pulled Sulli and Luna towards the cafeteria.

“Why? So that he will know that it still bothers me?” Sulli pointed out. “No way.”

They saw their other two friends saving them seats.

“Why all the ugly faces?” Victoria asked her friends when they joined her and Krystal.

Amber sat and the first one to answer. “Sulli’s in Minho’s class.”

“Really now?” Krystal looked at Sulli.

“Oh and the worst part is that Minho sits beside Sulli.” Luna said as she took her lunch out.

“What did you do?” Krystal questioned Sulli.

“What can I do?” Sulli placed a spoon full of food in to avoid talking.

“Wait…” Krystal looked at S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter