1 | Prologue

Transilluminate

No, no, my love, please don’t!

 

What are you doing?!! Throw that knife away!! You’re bleeding!!

 

Don’t – don’t you ever dare to – don’t take that rope!! What are you doing, get down from that chair!! Why are you tying it on the door frame?!! Stop it!!

 

Yes, put that away, that’s good, you’re doing good, don’t you – where are you going?? My love, where are you going?!!

 

No!! Get away from there!! What are you doing in the middle of the street?!!

 

No please – how I can tell him this – get away!! That truck is heading here!! What are you – no, please no, no no –

 

__________

 

Luhan opens his eyes into a blinding light. He blinked his eyelids several times before he could adjust with the source. When he finally could register everything, he find himself standing in a hallway. There's a couple chairs along the tiles, and that's when he realized he's in the hospital corridor. But the window at the end of the corridor is shining too bright than it's supposed to be. He winced before he glanced around. There's a few people behind him.

 

His eyes widened as he saw his beloved cousin is sitting there, face looking tired and stressed. He wants to reach for him, to talk to him, but somehow his feet are glued into the ground. He glanced at the door near him, right in front of where his cousin has been sitting.

 

'Emergency Room'

 

He frowned. But he doesn't ask anything. He just frowned at the door before he stared straight at the hallway again. And that's when he find someone standing in front of him. Someone beautiful. Someone who's looking at him with that complicated expression.

 

"Who are you?" Luhan managed to ask.

 

The guy seems hesitating abit before he answered, "I'm an angel of death."

 

Luhan winced at him. Angel of death? he thinks. Isn't angel of death supposed to be scary or all dark? This one looks all shiny and bright.

 

Seeing Luhan get lost in his thought, the guy continued again. "I'm here to fetch you." he said.

 

To fetch me? Luhan keeps asking inside. "Are you here," he murmured, "to take me away?"

 

".. yeah." the guy said softly.

 

Luhan just nodded at him. Somehow he felt light, he felt like he has no burden at all. So when the guy or angel, to be exact gestured him to follow, Luhan just agreed and walked with him. They're walking towards the blinding light, ever so slowly. It's as if they're in a slow motion. The people are passing them by, without being able to see them or feel them. It's like he's not even exist. So I'm dead already? Luhan wants to ask. So he glanced to the guy, but he found that he's also staring at him. Both of them stopped on their tracks. Luhan tried to find any clue to pinpoint what the said angel is thinking about. And that's when he saw the angel's eyes are b, and a tear managed to roll down.

 

His eyes widened. An angel is crying?

 

The angel is not even sobbing. He just stares at him, with tears streaming down his face. As if he doesn't need to put any effort to cry because he's already pained that he has plenty of tears to spend.

 

"Why are you crying?" Luhan asked softly.

 

__________