Past life affects you

Past life affects you

To: Jongin
Teacher, I missed you greatly. Where have you been? I was so worried that I went to the office. They told me you were sick, so are you much better now? Please reply.

Jongin let out a deep sigh. This was the twentieth message he received from Kyungsoo this week and he was not allowed to reply. Not if he wanted Kyungsoo to be safe.

~

Jongin was a teacher at Seoul High School when he first met Kyungsoo, who was a student attending there. He was the kind of teacher that no one wanted to mess with, fierce glare and strict with almost everything. 

On his first day of work, Jongin stepped into the class with his signature poker face and death glare. The whole class, without him even asking, fell silent. He cleared his throat, before starting with his greeting, "Hello, Class 308. I am your new teacher after Mrs Hwang fell sick. I expect all of you to listen in class and hear me out. If not, detention." 

With that, he sat down at the table and started taking attendance. 

Kyungsoo was sitting alone at the back of the class, doodling on his book when Jongin came in. He looked up, saw the glare, but was not very intimidated by it because he recognised something else behind those dark eyes---fear---and also another feeling that was indescribable. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he returned back to the doodling and tuned Jongin's voice out. 

Kyungsoo's best friends, Baekhyun and Kris, were all in other classes. Kyungsoo, with his average grades, had no idea what possessed the authorities to place him in such a class where everyone talked too loud, smoked and liked to make fun of him. He did not fit in and never will. 

Kyungsoo was in his own little world, the world where only he and his imagination existed and where no one could hurt him when someone had to spoil it all by shouting, "Do Kyungsoo!" 

Kyungsoo snapped out of his dreamlike state, looked up and immediately turned pale. The new teacher's face screamed anger and it took no genius to know that whoever's name was Kyungsoo was in deep trouble. 

"Kyungsoo! If you do not respone now, you'll get more than dentention. Whoever the hell you are, admit it!" Jongin's spitted the words with fury. His first day was turning out worse than he imagined. 

"It's me..." Kyungsoo's voice tremeble as he spoke, standing up slowly with all the courage he could muster. 

Jongin swiped his head to look at Kyungsoo and was captivated. His big innocent eyes and the way his face potrayed both fear and determination. 

The initial tongue lashing Jongin prepared disappeared into the thing air and all he said was, "Detention after school." 

Kyungsoo, feeling relieved, slid back into his seat, mind wandering again. Detention was much better than getting scolded in front of the whole class.

Jongin started giving out some worksheets to the class but his gaze could not help slipping back to Kyungsoo, who now had a daze look on his face and was staring at the air. 

"He's so cute," Jongin unconsciously muttered.

~

The bell ringed, signalling the end of school. Kyungsoo was about to pack up and leave when Jongin came up to him and said," Have you forgotten about detention?"  

Kyungsoo looked at him with those confused eyes and it cleared when he finally understood what Jongin was talking about. Jongin beckoned for him to pull a chair and sit at the teacher's table. Kyungsoo did as told.

When he was seated, Jongin simply threw a pile of worksheets at him and went out of the room.

~

Jongin was panting as he ran up and down the stairs repeatedly. He needed to be calm and relaxed before he went back to face kyungsoo.

Jongin finally got tired and sat down on the stairs. He couldn't help thinking about just now. The fact that kyungsoo was just inches away from him at the teachers table. The fact that all the time, Jongin was staring at kyungsoo's lips.

~

Kyungsoo stared at the paper. It was hard and Kyungsoo was sure he never learnt it before. He was about to throw the paper onto the floor when Jongin walked in. 

Kyungsoo lower his lifted arms sheepishly. Jongin returned his seat, took out his phone and started texting. Kyungsoo returned to his paper and as every minute passed, he was getting more confused. 

Reluctantly, he opened his mouth and said," Teacher, help me. Please. I don't know how to do this question."

Jongin slowly turned his head and suddenly, Kyungsoo felt warm lips pressed against his. 

The realisation slowly crept in, it was Jongin who was kissing him, but surprisingly, Kyungsoo doesn't mind, he even kissed Jongin back. 

When they finally broke apart, all Jongin said was," get back to your work." 

Hurt by Jongin's brusque reaction, Kyungsoo started doodling on the worksheet.

~

Finally, the dentention ended. Kyungsoo stood up to leave when Jongin stepped in front of him, blocking his way to the door.

"Teacher?" Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. Jongin said nothing and walked a step closer towards him. Now they were standing a mere centimetres apart and none of them was moving. The breathing from Jongin quickened while Kyungsoo still had a puzzled look on his face. 

"Stop looking at me with those innocent eyes," Jongin finally could not take it anymore. He pushed kyungsoo to the wall and started kissing him. The second kiss was much more different then the first. It was more urgent, more passionate, less gentle.

When they broke apart, Jongin smiled and said to Kyungsoo," Date me." 

Kyungsoo, who just realised that he had fallen head over heels in love with his teacher, smiled stupidly and nodded his head.

~

They started dating secretly. They knew that their love was forbidden, but they were happy together and it was all that matters. 

Every weekday, jongin would try to find problems with kyungsoo and gives him detention. They would then either talk and tease each other in class, make out or have little parties with food that kyungsoo made himself. 

Every weekend, jongin would call kyungsoo out for a date and they would spend time roaming Seoul and have fun. It didn't matter where they went as long as they were together. 

Then one day, jongin disappeared from school. No one knew why. No one cared except for kyungsoo. He was worried. He went to the office everyday to ask about jongin and all he got was one reply, jongin was sick. He knew it wasn't the real reason. He texted jongin so many times. There was no reply.

Jongin, on the other hand, missed kyungsoo so much. He missed his lips, his hair, his everything, but he could not see him. That was the price to pay for kyungsoo's safety. 

Jongin was an orphan when he was ten. His parents left him to fend for himself in the darkest alleys of Seoul. He almost starved to death if not for the help of one person, Sehun. Sehun was the son of the biggest gang in Seoul. He had money, branded goods everything but friendship. Sehun found this special thing in Jongin. Jongin found the hope to live in Sehun. They became the closest friends.

Jongin joined the gang when he was about eighteen together with Sehun. Sehun was delighted that he could finally help his father. Jongin despised the idea but went along with sehun. 

Slowly, Sehun became corrupted. The Sehun that always dislikes watching boxing competitions would now get into gang fights almost every single day. The Sehun that would usually scold jongin for being vulgar would now scold the words ten times more filthier than Jongin. Jongin went along with everything his friend did for he believed that Dehun was just mislead. He would one day return to the Sehun that Jongin had trusted and love so much. 

However, one day, Dehun was killed in a gang fight and out of anger, Jongin killed the other gang's leader's son. It was the biggest mistake he ever made. The gang leader ordered the death of Jongin. Jongin immediately fled the country and came back 2 years later. To further hide himself, he faked a teaching degree and entered Seoul high school as a teacher. 

Even that didn't help. He was found out two months later and had to flee. He applied sick leave from the school and changed jobs and housing. He was destined to be a runaway and he doesn't want Kyungsoo involved. It would threaten Kyungsoo's safety. Jongin finally got it that he would never ever have a life that a normal person had, Kyungsoo was better off without him.

"I will be back... Remember me, kyungsoo. I will be back when I am finally free. Remember, I love you."

~

Authors note: 

I know Jongin's younger than Kyungsoo but Jongin fits the description of what I want the teacher to be so in this story, Kyungsoo's younger :D 

Hope you enjoyed it :D