Star

Star

 


 Star


“Ladies and gentlemen, Lee Sera!” The crowd cheered and roared her name as she bowed and made her way down the stage.  Walk running to her dressing room, she dashed through her phone and saw 4 missed calls and a new message.  Oh crap, I’m dead. She said to herself.


To: Sera
From: Minhyuk

Ya! Where are you already? >.<


She bit her nail as she read the message and typed a quick reply before storming out of the room and bidding goodbye to her co-workers then drove her way to their meeting place.

 

To: Minhyuk
From: Sera

5 minutes. Sorry. O:)


 

Arriving at their meeting place, she can’t help but reminisce those times when they’re still young.  Lost in her thoughts as she is still inside her car, a man knocked on her window bringing her back to reality.  “Are you just gonna stay there forever, Miss Superstar?” he mocked.  Sera just chuckled at what he said and went outside of her car. “I missed you, Hyuk. It’s been a long time.” She grinned at him and gave him a bear hug.  He gladly hugged her back and replied teasingly, “I missed you too, shorty.”  She slapped his arm and frowned at him, “I’m not short, you’re just a giant.”  Minhyuk chuckled at her reaction and ruffled her hair.  “Let’s just grab some ice cream and come to your place.”  “Call!” she beamed at him and went to buy ice cream.

 

Reaching Sera’s place, Minhyuk immediately took notice of a guitar placed beside the television and grabbed it.  “Is this the guitar that I gave you?” he asked. Sera nodded and replied, “Nothing else.”  He started playing random songs as she went to her room to change her clothes.  Making her way back to the living room after changing to comfortable clothes, he heard Minhyuk playing and singing to an unfamiliar song.  Plopping herself on the couch beside him, she asked, “Did you make that song?” He nodded in response.  “Wow, the song’s good.” She commented.  Minhyuk started strumming the guitar again then asked her, grinning, “So, how’s the life of a superstar?”  “It’s fun. Lots of fun, but tiring. Veryyy.” She replied, emphasizing the very part.  “And, how about you? How’s life in the States?” She asked him back.  Very lonely without you by my side.  He said in his mind.  “Same old.” He sighed.  “I see…” She replied slowly, noticing the sudden change of mood.

“You seem so unreachable now, Sera.” Minhyuk suddenly uttered, loneliness evident in his voice.  Sensing it, she took the guitar from his hands and placed it on the ground. Taking both of Minhyuk’s hand and placing it on her cheeks, she smiled genuinely at him.  “I am. I am still your bestfriend, Hyuk.”  Bestfriend.  Best.  Friend.  The words stuck on his mind, piercing through his heart.  “I will always be your bestfriend, you know that.”  She added, grinning at him.  He just sighed inwardly and put on a best smile on his face that he can ever show and pinched both of her cheeks, “You better keep your word, Sera.”  She nodded happily in response then rubbed her cheeks. Looking at the mirror, she saw its soreness. “Hey, look at what you’ve done. It’s red.” She said, puffing her cheeks.  “Aww, let’s make it better then.” He cooed, placing a kiss on both of her cheeks.  Realizing what Minhyuk did, Sera’s cheeks became redder as she blushed.  Her heart pounding crazily.  What’s happening with my heart?  “I-I’ll just w-wash it u-up.” She said to him, stuttering, and dashed her way to the bathroom.

She washed her face lots of times then looked at the mirror, “Why is it still red?”  Touching the place where her heart is, she talked to herself again, “Why is it still beating fast?”  Could it be…? Is this..?  Feeling that her heart is still beating fast and her cheeks still red from blushing… …Yes, it is. She said to herself, confirming her feelings and having her experience a mental breakdown.

Minhyuk, on the other hand, isn’t anyway different from Sera.  His heart is beating fast as Sera’s is and his mind is just like going to explode in any minute.  Did she already find out?  Should I just confess? What if she doesn’t feel the same way?  Why the hell did I just kiss her in the first place?  With those thoughts in mind, he just tried to calm himself down while playing the guitar again.

Sera, finally calming down, went back to see Minhyuk playing the guitar again.  “You really love playing guitar, do you?” She said.  Not as much as I love you.  His heart said.  In the end, he just hummed in response.  Glancing at his watch, he said to her, “As much as I would love to stay here, I need a job to do and you have a schedule in 2 hours so I have to get going.”  She pouted at him, “Can’t you just stay? I missed my bestfriend so much.”  He just knocked her head lightly, “No. Next time, I promise.”  “Hmm, fine. Take care on your way, ok?” She said, accompanying him to the door.  “I will. You too. Lock the door. Rest well, ok? Call me when your schedule’s over.” He replied.  “Yes, dad.” She stuck her tongue out at him.  He, too, stuck his tongue out at her and ruffled her hair, “Bye, superstar.”

 

 

Few days later, they meet up once again to hang-out.  While eating at a restaurant, the people seem to notice Sera’s presence and started to ask for an autograph and a picture with them, leaving Minhyuk behind.  After the meal that turned out be a small “Lee Sera gathering”, they are now taking a stroll at the park.  Sera, being one of the most popular singers in the country, seem to take people’s attention once again, leaving Minhyuk behind once more, as she give autographs and smiles for the cameras.  You really are a star, everyone’s star.  Can’t you just be my star?  He sighed.  Sera noticed Minhyuk watching her blankly and mouthed a sincere sorry to him.  He just nodded and continued waiting for her to be done.

 


Few weeks had passed since their last hang-out. Sera being busy than ever, and Minhyuk leaving for the States in a few days.  Minhyuk, who had a mental battle in the past few days on whether he should confess or not to her bestfriend, made up his mind to finally confess the day before he leave.


 

Finally, the day has come.  It’s now or never.  He said to himself.  He sent a message to Sera early in the morning to meet him up at her company building’s rooftop at 8PM.  Sera, now inside her company’s building, seems to be nervous on what’s going to happen.  What’s the matter with him?  He’s leaving tomorrow and he asks me to meet him at the rooftop?  She thought. “He’s leaving. Again.”  She said to herself, making her sad as she makes her way up.  Should I just confess now? What if he doesn’t feel the same way?  She sighed.


Arriving at the rooftop, she can’t help but notice the stars at the sky.  So beautiful.  She sighed once again.  Minhyuk, who noticed Sera’s arrival, approached her, “Hey, superstar.” He winked at her.  “Cut it out, Hyuk. I’m just Sera. Lee Sera. I’m not some kind of superstar, I’m your bestfriend.” She said to him a bit angrily, sadness evident in her voice.  Noticing it, Minhyuk pulled her into a hug and said, “Forgive me, I’m sorry. I missed you. You’ve been very busy for the past few weeks.”  “And, you’ll be leaving tomorrow.” She stated sadly.  “I will miss you.” She added.  He just hugged her more tightly in response.  Breaking the hug, he pulled her to take a sit on a bench, “Come on, let’s sit first and talk.”

“Look at the stars,” Minhyuk started.  Sera did at what she was told.  “Beautiful, isn’t it?” He said to her.  She just nodded her head.  “…But not as beautiful as you.” He added, making Sera’s cheeks red as a tomato.  She just lowered her head and covered her cheeks in embarrassment.  Kang Minhyuk, you greasy creature.  She muttered under her breath.  “Woah, you’re blushing.” He .  “Stop. It.” She replied, still blushing.  He just chuckled at her reaction and picked up a guitar placed beside the bench.  He started strumming the guitar, making Sera look at him.  “Until here, you still bring a guitar?” She asked him.  He just shrugged at her question.

Minhyuk started playing a song, the unfamiliar song Sera heard when he played it at her place.  Sera just listened to him play and sing in admiration.  This is just one of the reasons why I fell for you. How I wish you would catch me.  She sighed for the nth time.  Finishing the song, Minhyuk started, “Sera, we have been best of friends since forever. We know basically everything about each other, but there’s still one thing about me that you ought to know.”  Sera blinked at him and asked confusedly, “What is it?”  Minhyuk gulped nervously, bringing his courage together and finally confessed, “Lee Sera, you are the country’s most sought superstar and I am just a simple nobody. You are one star. The brightest of all stars. You are a star that is very unreachable within my reach. …Yet you are a star I fall in love with.”

Sera, hearing his confession, suddenly started tearing up.  Seeing her cry, “Hey. Why are you crying?” He said, brushing his thumbs across her cheeks, wiping her tears.   “I told you I’m not a superstar, and I clearly told you that I’m reachable. I’m your bestfriend for goodness’s sake.” She said, sobbing.  Hearing her response, Minhyuk smiled sadly at her.  I guess it’s just really up to being bestfriends.  Noticing Minhyuk’s face, “I guess I just won’t be Minhyuk’s bestfriend but Minhyuk’s girlfriend.”  She said, smiling at him.  Taking in what he just heard, his face changed 360 degrees making him smile very brightly but turning it into a fake smile once again, “You guess?”  “No, I’m sure. I’m Kang Minhyuk’s girlfriend.” She replied, grinning at him.  Hearing it once again, he pulled her in a very tight hug.  Sera giggled and hugged him back.

Breaking the hug, she suddenly said, “But, will you still leave tomorrow?”  “Well…” Minhyuk started, but left her hanging when his phone rang.  Ending the phone call, Sera is still waiting for his answer, “So…?”  “My parents called.” He informed her.  “And…?” She replied.  “I’ll be staying here in the country. With you.” He smiled at her.  She immediately hugged him when she heard the good news.

 

 

“I love you, Minhyuk.” Sera said to him. “I love you, Sera.” Minhyuk said, breaking the hug and pulling her in a romantic kiss.  I love you, my star.