one.

Bet.

A/N: Han Byul's name in Korean literally means 한 (one) 별 (star).

 

YOUR POV

I hung up with a triumphant smile, as Byunghun had answered a reluctant "Aish, I'll be there in ten." Hurray, someone to kill my boredom!

I got up from where I sat on the couch in the living room, moving upstairs into my room before plopping down onto my bed with a soft sigh. What could we do today? I didn't want to sit around playing Monopoly anymore, and playing video games were boring as hell, especially since I always won him in the end, which he would then retaliate by throwing a tantrum and going into mega-pout mode. I grimaced as I thought of my boyfriend's pouting face, which I had to admit, made me a tiny bit queasy. I mean, who could resist that pouty puppy face? Heaving a larger sigh than the first, I wondered if I should just dig up some old action film to watch, and just spend the day away with him, glued to the couch.

The ringing doorbell broke my train of thoughts as I contemplated on whether to drag myself off my suddenly all-too-comfortable bed or just leaving Byunghun outside - it wasn't all that cold outside today anyway. I sighed as the ringing became even more persistent, having no choice but to crawl off the bed and head downstairs to the door.

Only to be greeted by my pouty-faced boyfriend.

"Why did you take so long to open the door?" He whined, before slipping off his shoes and pushing past me, heading straight upstairs. "Yah. YAH!" I cried after him, watching as his figure disappeared upstairs. Shaking my head, I slammed the door shut before climbing upstairs. It didn't come as a surprise to see Byunghun already snuggled deep into your pile of blankets, eyes closed with a contented smile hanging on his face. Approaching him, I hesitantly kicked the side of my bed, mumbling,"Hey, get off."

"Nope", his eyes opened slightly to peek at me, only to close and he proceeded to snuggle even deeper into the covers, "It's comfy here". Ugh, he never learns, does he? I blew at my bangs, slightly frustrated. "Go away," I nudged him, "I want to lie down", trying to sound firm, but failed, as Byunghun looked at me with a boyish smile before replying, "No one's stopping you from doing that". With that, he shut his eyes, preparing to sleep.

Rolling my eyes and slightly pouting at the lack of attention he was giving me (I was bored, after all), I shuffled to the side of my bed, gently sitting down on it. "Don't say I didn't warn you," I muttered under my breath, before pausing a few seconds to churn out my best cutesy voice, "Jagi?", which Byunghun responded with a sleepy grunt. "I said," I continued with the fake voice before roaring, "GET OFF MY BED!" Shooting out my right leg, I successfully kicked my sleepy boyfriend onto the floor. It wasn't a few seconds after he landed with a loud thud when he sprang back up, glaring at me.

"BABE! How could you do that to me!" He cried, clutching his left chest with both hands, "I COULD HAVE DIED!"

"I warned you," I shrugged before climbing up onto my bed and lying down. "Stop acting like a kid, baby L.Joe." I crooned in my cutesy voice.

"HEY I'M A MAN!"

Sure, I thought as I rolled around on my bed.

As if I hadn't just used violence on my boyfriend of two years.

 

- - -

 

"Baby, let's do something." Byunghun shook me as I laid on my bed, my arm draped over my eyes to shield them from the light.

"Nope"

"Babyyyy~ :("

"I'm sleepy."

"But I'm bored," He mumbled.

"Go entertain yourself, then."

"Argh, you're no fun!"

"But you still love me," Removing my arm off my eyes, I raised an eyebrow, staring at him, daring him to say otherwise.

He looked down dejectedly for a second, before glancing up at me almost immediately with a wide smile stretched across his handsome face.

"Of course, because you're my one and only STAR~" Byunghun perked up, grabbing hold of both my arms and shaking them around, "Come on, let's go play a game."

And I allowed myself be pulled out of my bed by that annoying yet lovable boyfriend of mine, a hint of a smile tugging at my lips.

 

- - -

 

I pulled it out smoothly, before placing the wooden block at the very top of the nearly-collapsing tower.

"L.Joe Joe Joe Joe~ Let's see how you're going to win this round!" I sang, chuckling as I watched Byunghun concentrate on the teetering tower. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes glancing up and down the unstable tower made of wooden blocks, contemplating which to pull out. With his cheeks slightly puffed out, his finger hovered near the Jenga tower, constantly moving back and forth as he took his time deciding which block to pull out next, which would determine his fate.

"This.. maybe this?" Byunghun mumbled to himself as I watched, slightly mesmerized as he concentrated, snapping out of my daze as his finger suddenly moved exceptionally close to the tower, as if to make a move.

"It doesn't matter which you choose, you're losing either way, that thing's going to collapse." I sat back comfortably, crossing my arms behind my head as I watched his finger, which was coming dangerously close into contact with the block.

"Hmmm... maybe not" He continued, ignoring me, his finger still in close proximity of the block.

A little more...

"L.Joe's going to lose.." I leaned in, whispering not-too-softly into his ear, before breaking off into a fit of giggles before training my eyes back onto his indecisive finger, which belonged to his indecisive self. Oh, how entertaining this was.

Just... a little closer..

"Shush, you!" Byunghun swatted me away with his free hand, as I widened my eyes and laughed.

"YOU TOUCHED IT! You have to take that out!" I yelled in between my full-out laughter, slightly startling him as he froze, realizing his mistake.

"Oh, ." Was all I heard before the sound of wooden blocks hitting the tiles echoed throughout the room.

 

- - -

 

"On the count of three..." I teased.
"One.." As my fingers got into the proper ttakbam position, inching closer to my target.

"Two..." I dragged on, my fingers ready to inflict pain on him.

"Three...?" I moved back slightly to look at my boyfriend, who's face was adorable beyond words at that moment. With eyes squeezed shut and waiting for the pain to come, he resembled a helpless little puppy, much unlike his usual "manly" act, as what he calls himself.

"Just do it already.... quick!" I smirked as my fingers hovered right in front of Byunghun's forehead, with him bracing himself for the pain that awaited him.

"One... three!" I swiftly flicked his forehead before running away, leaving him wriggling around on the floor, grimacing as he held his forehead, numbed from the pain.

"Owwhhhh..."

It would've been perfect for EXO's What Is Love to play as background music right then.

I~ LOST MY MIND~

 

 

A few minutes passed before Byunghun was in the condition to proceed on to the next game, as we shared a silent agreement with a single eye contact.

No more ttakbams as punishment.

 

- - -

 

Up in the air it flew.

 

"Nooooooo!" My eyes were squeezed shut, hands-on-face to cover my eyes, peeking just a little to see the thing fly up with a flick of his wrist. Bringing my hands up, I clutched my head in agony, just waiting for the final blow.

 

"I'll bet it's heads." He had said, seemingly confident.

"Nope, tails for me." I had replied, tilting up my chin and looking at him straight in the eye.

 

I was leaning with both my elbows on the table as the thing sailed past my head, flinching slightly as it landed.

Clang!

It spun, before slowly coming to a rest, it's velocity at zero.

 

"Yes! Heads! I WIN THE BET!" Byunghun cried, as my palm came into contact with my face, "Aish."

 

And i thought I could actually make that bugger dance to girl group songs in a miniskirt.

 

- - -

 

"NOOOOO DON'T!!! LEE BYUNG HUN I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T PUT THAT THING DOWN I'LL KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!"
"But baby! It's your punishment for losing the bet!"

"I HATE YOU AND YOUR STUPID BET!"

"AWHHH I LOVE YOU TOO!"

 

- - -

 

"Tell me again why I agreed to do this," I muttered, annoyed. Here I was, curled up on the couch of Byunghun's house in front of a large 42" TV, hugging my knees as I braced myself for what was probably the worst fear I have. A huge dark storm cloud seemingly hung over my head, as I chewed the popcorn in my mouth with so much intensity my stomach would have been grateful for the further initial digestion.

"You lost the bet~" Byunghun sang, darting from in front of the television to the miniature DVD player at the side and back to the couch, all the while maintaining his happy bubble of happiness, which I'd give anything to burst right now. My head landed on my knees as I let out another groan, clearly voicing out my displeasure. "Awhh, baby, you don't have to be scared!" I felt arms being thrown around me as Byunghun crawled over to where I nestled on the couch. Kicking him off, I gave a grunt of disapproval before grabbing more popcorn, him landing beside me with an exaggerated wail of pain.

 

Yeap, you might've guessed it. Just because I lost that stupid bet, Byunghun made me face what could be my worst fear, aside from cockroaches and creepy clowns, as punishment. You probably have no idea how much I hate him now. Of all things he could've made me do, he had to choose a horror movie? And what's more, I had to watch it from the start all the way to the very ending? OH MY LIFE IS A SADDDD SADDDD STORYYYYYY.

"Owh babe, you break my heart."

Whatever, as I sent a flying smack aimed at his head, which he swiftly dodged.

Argh.

 

- - -

 

"... Hey, are you okay?" Byunghun's face suddenly came into my line of vision, peering at me curiously, though his gaze held a tinge of worry in them. "I'm f-fine," I stuttered, swatting him away, eyes still on the screen, too frightened to even notice the slight trembling that was held in my unsteady voice. Even though I was scared literally less, I couldn't, no, wouldn't back down. A bet is a bet. And one must suffer the consequences afterwards.

"Baby, we don't have to finish the movie, you know?" I flinched as Byunghun came even closer, him casting a slight shadow around the dimly-lit living room. Why was the living room so dark, you may ask. Oh, well, maybe it's because of this certain someone sitting beside me stating that we had to get into the proper "mood" for the movie!

"It's o-okay.. I'm fine" I croaked, clutching onto my couch pillow as if my life depended on it. I felt Byunghun shift beside me before an arm was wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me to a comfortable position against him.

eeeeeeeeeeeeek. I flinched as the door creaked after a slight push from the protagonist of the movie, it's squeaking hinges serving as the only sound coming from the movie. Using the pillow to block my line of sight, I felt Byunghun squeeze my shoulders comfortingly, assuring me, while I braced myself for the bloodcurdling scream that would erupt in a matter of seconds.

It didn't come.

And the suspense was killing me.

Hesitantly, I peeked out from behind my pillow, only to scream in horror as a face popped out on the screen, right in front of the camera. Though only a second's glance before I desperately grasped onto Byunghun, it's face was still clear in my mind, though I wished I could erase the image of its hollow and empty eyes, as well as that horrible, horrible smirk it possessed, it's teeth clearly broken and some missing.

"BYUNGHUNNNNNNN!!" I wailed, pummeling my fists into chest in an attempt to inflict any sort of pain on him, which he only responded by wrapping both arms around me into a hug, all the while mumbling soothingly, rocking me back and forth, "Arrasseo, arrasseo, let's stop watching, okay?"

I could only miserably nod my head in between sobs.

 

- - -

 

"Urgh, I'm tired." Byunghun exclaimed as he walked out of my bathroom and into my room, a towel draped over his neck as he fiddled with the drawstrings of his pajama pants. Climbing onto the bed, I stretched while yawning, settling amongst my blankets, waiting for Byunghun to join me. Sure enough, I felt the blankets being pulled away in seconds before Byunghun climbed in, huddling beside me.

"Oh right, I forgot to switch off the lights," As Byunghun made a move towards the switch right beside the door. "NO!" I almost yelled, surprising him as he jerked and turned towards me, "What's wrong..?"

"Let's just.. Keep the lights on tonight, uh?" My voice came out as a whisper, eyes still wide with fear.

He relented, climbing back into bed, wrapping his arms around my waist as he settled beside me.

"Goodnight, baby HanByul", he mumbled affectionately before I felt a kiss on my forehead, my eyes fluttering shut in pure bliss.

 

- - -

 

THIRD PERSON POV

Byunghun jolted up in the middle of the night, sensing the empty space beside him on the bed. He got up, suddenly aware about the fact that almost every freaking light in the house was .

"Babe?" He called.

 

YOUR POV

I turned around from where I stood in front of the kitchen counter, a glass of water in my hands. "Yeah?" I answered, voice still slightly shaky as my eyes darted around cautiously, still wary. "Why did you turn on so many lights?" Byunghun walked towards me, scratching the back of his neck with a curious expression on his face. "Uhhhh... I wanted to pee.. But then i got thirsty.." I muttered while slightly flinching under his gaze, a little embarrassed that it was so darn obvious I was still scarred from the movie previously.

"You could have woke me up if you were scared," Byunghun's voice held a slight tease in them, as he collected me into his arms, his gaze affectionate. "W-who said I was scared?" I exclaimed, all the while avoiding his gaze as I felt him pull me into a tighter hug.

"Then may I ask, Ms. Not-Scared-At-All, why are all the lights at three in the morning as if you were throwing a silent party?" He twirled a piece of my hair around his finger as he teased.

I had no answer to that, and could only follow as Byunghun led me back to our room, switching the lights off one-by-one.

"Don't worry," I heard him mumble, as we settled back in bed once again, "I'll protect you".

 

Another peck on my forehead, accompanied by the strong hands hugging me tight against him, was all it took for me to float blissfully into dreamland once again.

 

 

 

A/N: I'm done! (: Finally finished with this story, I'm so tired haha! So how did I do? :P Hope it was enjoyable to read, and I hoped I implemented enough fluffiness, or that the fluffiness I attempted to include wasn't anything cringe-worthy!

Thanks for reading, please leave comments! <3

 

A/N: Edited the story a little as I spotted some mistakes that managed to escape my eyes the first time I proof-read it! :P So happy to see people commenting and even reading this fic, love you guys so much! <3