Don't

Regrets

The red terrace, where the biggest jerk in the world resides.

The park, where he'll always follows her around like a lost puppy and embarrassing the hell out of her.

The school, where he'll tease and disturb her, to the point where it gets super annoying.

The classroom, where he'll distract her from focusing in class.

The corridor, where he'll creep behind her, giving her the biggest shock of her life.

The rooftop, where he changes from a jerk to a gentleman, lending her a shoulder to lean on.

And the bench... Where everything changes.

 

14th May 2013

__ was smiling to herself, staring at the sunset. It was indeed, beautiful. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a familiar weight beside her. Too used to having him around, she ignored his presence and continue staring at the sun. Awkward air surrounding them when __ realize he was blanking out. The dark aura surrounding him, it felt so unusual, so different. Usually, he would babble non-stop, annoying the hell of her. Shifting her gaze to him, she was taken aback at how pale he looked.

"Yah, are you okay? Why do you look so pale?"

A soft chuckle left his mouth as he slowly lay his eyes at her. Staring into his eyes, she felt it. The pain he's been holding in. Her eyes widen, when a tear fell of his eyes. The jerk, is crying.

"___, I have something to say.."

"What is it?"

Hesitantly, he stood up, walking towards the flowers. Just as __ was about to walk to him, he lost his balance, and fell to the ground with a loud thud. Running to his side, __ bend down, laying his head on her lap. He was cold, very cold. Unconciously, a tear trickle down __ cheeks.

"Don't cry, love."

Bringing his hands up, he cup her cheeks, wiping her tears away with his thumb. Nodding, ___ tried to show him a genuine smile. Something's wrong, she knew it. A few minute of silence passed, he gets up, wrapping his arms around her, envoloping her into a tight warm embrace.

"___-ah. I love you, ever since i first lay my eyes on you. I'm sorry, for everything i did. But its the only way, to actually get your attention. I really love you, but i'm sorry i can't be with you."

"Don't say that. You'll be fine!"

"No ___. I'm not fine. Can't you see? I'm dying."

"Don't say that, please."

Sobbing uncontrolably, ___ bury her face into his chest. her hair gently, a smile tugged on his lips as he pecks her forehead. He always dreamt of doing this to her.

"Say it please.."

Staring at those pleading eyes, the guilt beneath her grew bigger. All these time, she hates him. All these time, she never realise his feelings towards her. All these time, she's just pushing him away.

"I.. I-"

Before she could continue, she notices his eyes, that are apparently, shut closed. Panic, she grab his wrist checking his pulse beat and held a finger below his nose. He's not breathing, his pulse isn't beating.

He's gone.

Pool of tears trickle down her cheeks. Cupping his now-cold cheeks, she shake his uncontrolably, shouting those words he wanted to hear. But it was too late now. He's gone.

"Zhang Yi Xing, i love you too."

And all thats left in her, are regrets.