Vanilla Prince

Vanilla Prince

The hot rays from the bright orange sun stalked her outside as she headed out to visit her grandma’s house. She stopped by an ice cream shop and sat down to feel the air’s breeze on her face. She reached for her wallet in her bag to see if she had enough money for any ice cream at all. An old receipt, fake tattoo, hair band, and two dollars with a few coins was all she found. She observed the ice cream menu carefully.

“Are you ready for your order?” The cashier smiled at her. She puffed her cheeks and shook her head, “Then whenever you’re ready then.”

Her eyes wondered the menu until one caught her eyes. It was cheap and plain, just the way she liked it.

 

A muscular young man walked to the cashier and ordered his favorite flavor as he looked around looking for a place to sit. He saw a slim and pretty figure just a few seats down sitting alone. He watched her order her ice cream. “Here you go, sir.” The cashier gave him his order. He smiled at him and refocused on her. She gently smiled at her ice cream and her ice cream on the cone.

“Ah, chocolate.” She said with a hint of disappointment. 

He stood up and walked over to her, “Can I sit here with you?” She nodded her head and looked at his ice cream.

“Oh, you got vanilla?” She asked him while glaring at it, “You must’ve been the one who took the last scoop.”

“Yeah,” He suddenly felt bad, “Here, I haven’t done anything to it. You can have this one, I’ll order something else.”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll be fine with this for now. It’s hot outside.” She eye smiled at him.

He felt his heart beating faster and soon he felt his face burn. She’s more than just a pretty figure for him now. He was crushing on her. Her innocent remarks and smiles made him awkward but he liked it. “Uh, okay, sure” He was hesitant, “How about I treat you tomorrow? Since you didn’t get what you wanted today.”

She shook her head no and smiled at him, “It’s really okay. I have to stay home tomorrow and babysit.”

“A-alright then,” His heart sank and awkward silence filled his atmosphere.

“How about the day after tomorrow then? I should be free.” She grinned at him as she focused on her ice cream.

“Cool!” He stared at her tongue that was busy the ice cream. He suddenly puffed his cheeks to hold his breath. He was getting sweaty and uncomfortable so he looked out the window.

“Uh, your ice cream is melting.” She pointed at his ice cream cone. The ice cream melted onto his hands, “Here you go.” She handed him a few napkins and helped him wipe it off of his hands.

“Ah, I’m sorry! And thank you!” He got up immediately, ruining his cone. The ice cream completely fell off of the cone to the floor. He was flushing in embarrassment and bowed ninety degrees repeatedly saying sorry.

Without knowing, she had already cleaned the whole thing up. She chuckled at his clumsiness. “Mister,” she said, “since your ice cream is ruined, have this one.” She handed her half eaten chocolate ice cream to him. “I’m sorry that this happened. I’ll treat you to ice cream.” She stared into his eyes causing him to pause for a moment and just stare back.

The atmosphere was great for him. It was sweet and refreshing. “So, I’ll be waiting then. The day after tomorrow right?” He was mesmerized by her simple glare that made it into his eyes. She smiled greatly and bowed.

“Yes, on Saturday. Bye.” She waved at him and walked out.

While walking to her grandmother’s house, she thought the weird man that sat by her. He had the last vanilla scoop but it was wasted because he didn’t eat it soon enough. It wasn’t even touched. She heaved a sigh and puffed her cheeks, thinking sadly about the poor ice cream. Then an image of his flustered face appeared in her mind. He was cute for someone so muscular. She’d thought he would be more seductive because of past men who tried “befriending” her. She liked the fact that he was aware of what she said. She thought of his structured face and shy smile. It was obvious now that she developed feelings for him.

 

He was still at the shop sitting down, glaring at the chocolate ice cream she gave him. He on the dessert and after he finished, he smiled at the thoughts of her. ‘Yes, on Saturday. Bye.’ Her voice made it into his head. “Damn it! I didn’t get her name!” He shouted out of frustration, “What am I supposed to do now? What if she doesn’t show up?” As soon as he stopped thinking about his situation, he realized people were laughing at him. He ran out the shop to hide from embarrassment. It all was weird for him. All the girls that ever came after him were the ones labeled, “y” and it annoyed him. Now he had one girl to focus on and he hoped to see her again. He walked back home lazily because of the strong heat wave slowly attacking him. He finished the ice cream and thought, ‘I just had an indirect kiss with her…’

 

She woke up to her little niece in the middle of the night that continuously jumped on her to wake up. She got up and caught her little niece in her arms, “I won’t let you go!”

“Ah! Unnie! Look a prince!” Her niece pointed out the window.

“Where?” She faked looking outside and carried her little niece with her.

“He left! He said if you don’t let me go, he won’t come again!” Her niece tried squirming her way out of her grasp.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” She asked her suspiciously.

“I had a nightmare. There was a clown that took my prince from me.” Her niece pouted sadly.

“Awh, do you want to sleep with me?” She asked. Her niece nodded her head and went under the sheets with her aunt.

“Unnie, can you tell me a story about a prince?” Her niece gave her puppy eyes.

“Uh, okay then…” She didn’t know what to say since she didn’t know any stories, “Ah, yesterday, I saw a prince!”

“Really? You saw a prince?” Her niece giggled, “Was he cute?”

“He was cute and manly! He had muscles and a very handsome face.” She continued explaining his features.

“Unnie, how did you guys meet?” Her niece was amused, “Are you guys going to meet again? What’s his name?”

“Well, it was hot yesterday and there was an ice cream shop on the way here, so I went in. I was going to order a vanilla ice cream but the prince cut me and stole the last scoop of that flavor! So instead of vanilla, I bought chocolate. Then all of a sudden he sat by me but his ice cream fell on the floor. He kept saying ‘I’m sorry’ so I cleaned up the mess and gave him my ice cream. After that, we agreed to meet again tomorrow.” She threw the words out with cheerfulness.

“Ooh, that’s so cool unnie! I want to find a prince like that too!” She rubbed her eyes and her voice faded slowly, “What’s his name?”

There was silence. She knew she forgot something. It was his name, “Aish, I didn’t ask for his name!” She looked down and found her niece sleeping. “Tomorrow for sure, I’ll ask for his name.”

 

He waited inside the shop waiting for her to arrive. He was nervous to see her. ‘What if I do something stupid again?’ He thought as he sat alone without any orders.

“Excuse me,” A soft angelic voice spoke, “Can I sit here?”

He looked up and nodded his head with a grin, “You’re here. Let me order for us.”

“Okay,” She sat down nervously.

“Okay, here we are,” He handed the ice cream to her, “two scoops of vanilla ice cream.”

“Vanilla!” She her lips ready then pushed her lips against the cold white milky sweet. She then remembered a reason why she came, “Uh, what is your name?”

“Huh? Oh, I’m Park Jae-beom, but you can call me Jay.” He introduced himself as his eyes only focused on her lips. “You got some right there.” He pointed at his upper lip signaling hers had it. She one side of her upper lip then to the other clearing the ice cream that was closer to the lip. “You still have some right there.” His hands made his way to bottom nose and wiped away the flavor clean with his thumb. “Perfect.”

“Thank you.” She wiped her lips and bowed.

“You never told me your name.” He said quickly.

“Kang Jiyoung.” She replied softly.

“Ah, so I’m assuming, from yesterday, that vanilla is your favorite flavor?” He asked her building confidence within himself.

“Yes! It’s simple and plain. Is it also yours?” She cheered.

“Yeah, well, I don’t mind whatever flavor it is. As long as it keeps me cool in this hot globe, I’ll be alright,” He his ice cream, “If it’s possible, can I have your number?”

“Can I see your phone?” She extended her arms to reach in for his phone. He gave her his phone and played around with it, “Okay! I am finished.”

She handed the phone back and finished her ice cream, “Vanilla Princess? Then I should be Vanilla Prince!”

“Sure,” she giggled, “Vanilla Prince.”

_______________________________________________

Yea, I might do a sequel lol. Kekeke, hope ya enjoyed this! ^o^