That instant

That instant

I still remember the first time I saw him.

At first I couldn’t see his face, I could only hear him.

It was like an angel singing. I could feel his voice filling my heart, flowing in my veins. It was like I was floating in a pool full of hot water and his voice like pleasant warmth permeated my body.

I wanted to see his face, I made my way through the crowd till I was in front of the stage.

And then I saw him. He wasn’t the most beautiful creature I had seen in my life, he was kind of average to tell you the truth. But my heart started beating so fast that I thought it would jump out of my chest. To me he was just perfect. I even thought I could see a light radiating from him.

I observed  minutely his personage and took notice of every little details.

While he was singing an high note he would turn his head to the side or slightly bent down, and you could see the vein of his neck  inflate because of the effort.

He kept his eyes closed most of the time. He tightly gripped the mike with one hand and the finger of the other one was always stretched out, like an antenna.  

I knew that he was pouring his whole soul in every word, in every note that he was singing. I knew that the music was flowing inside him like his voice was flowing inside me.

He sang the last part of the song and opened his eyes. They fell on me, we looked at each other  for a few seconds and I  felt like I was in a world where there were just the two of us. But then he looked away, the music ended, and the magic ceased. I was back in the real world and I was already missing his presence, his voice.

“Wow  this young boy surely needs a standing ovation!” said the announcer completely breaking the spell “His name was Jung Pilkyo! Now let’s go on with our next…”

So his name was Jung Pilkyo, I carved it in my mind. I was never going to forget it.

 In that precise moment I decided that I would have done anything to make him mine, even be part of a boy band if it was necessary…

 


“Hey, Eric what are you thinking about?”my train of thoughts was interrupted by that angelic voice I loved so much .

We were cuddling in my bed and since I couldn’t sleep that night I had asked him to sing me a lullaby and then I got lost in my memories.

“I was just thinking about the day I fell in love with you…” I said looking in his eyes.

“Oh…I see..” his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.  

“Do you know when it was that I fell in love with you?” I asked him caressing his air.

He cutely shook his head “No, tell me. I wanna hear it” a mischievous grin plastered on his face.

“I’ll tell you if you tell me when you fell in love with me…” now I was the one who was grinning mischievously.

I was sure that he would have never told me when it was, he was always so restrained with his feelings. He rarely let himself go, fully expressing his love.

But that night he should have been in a really good mood. Because ,much at my surprise, he looked at me for a few seconds, pondering what to do, and then he said: “ The day of the Vally K festival, when I was singing  I saw you in the crowd. In that instant I didn’t exactly realize that I had fallen in love with you I just felt somewhat of a connection between us. But now I’m sure that was the exact instant in which I fell in love with you…”

I was at loss of words. It couldn’t be that the first time we saw each other we had already fallen in love. I silently looked at him. His eyes were serious, there wasn’t even a tiny bit of playfulness and, since I wasn’t saying anything,  I could see that he was starting to get uncomfortable. So I closed the distance between us, gave a light peck to his lips and said : “We’re the same...For me that’s also the exact instant in which I fell in love with you …”