I do

I do

“The groom’s not here yet.” You felt your head get dizzy as you heard the words come out of the woman’s mouth. What did she mean ‘the groom was not here yet’? “Excuse me?” was the only thing that managed to escape your lips while you tried to grasp the situation. You were 45 minutes later yourself, before you arrived at the small church where you would get married to Park Kyung. Well, if he showed up, that was. “You must be mistaken. How can he not be here?” your friend, Yoona brought out in surprise. At least she was still capable of saying more. Then again, she also didn’t have a tight wedding dress pressing all the air out of her lungs and her heart probably wasn’t going in overdrive either. How could Kyung not be here?

“Like I said miss: he didn’t show up yet.” The woman repeated. You felt like smacking her. She was saying it as if someone simply forgot to show up for a regular business meeting. This was your marriage she was talking about… your groom was missing. “Give me my phone.” You hissed, holding out your hand to another friend who was holding your purse. You needed to contact him somehow.

Ringing…. Ringing… Why wasn’t he picking up his phone? “He’s not picking up, is he?” Yoona said, seeing the look of annoyance in your eyes. “He’ll pick up.” You replied. “_____...” she started, but one look into her direction was enough to shut her up. “Don’t.” you snapped shortly; refusing to even think into the direction she seemed to imply with the tone in her voice. The phone kept going over and over, but no fiancé spotted on the other side. “Damn it.” You hissed, closing the phone and lowering your hand. Together with the movement you felt your heart drop at the realization of the situation you were in...Your husband-to-be was not here yet. Might Kyung not even show up? Will he leave you in front of the altar?

~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

 There was some annoying sound taunting the sides of your consciousness. It felt as if it was purposely trying to drag you out of your peaceful dreams. And with every passing second you felt yourself wake up more and more. Kyung’s arms were still around you, exactly where they had been when you had fallen asleep last night. But no matter how comfortable it felt, the sound you heard from outside was enough to make you feel terrible. They were back. Sleepy and annoyed you made your way out of his arms and the bed, dragging yourself to the window only to confirm the thing you were already sure of. Only they could produce that kind of sounds in front of the house you and Kyung owned. Only they would be camping in front of it with signs that that said ‘I love you Kyung’ and ‘Leave ’. Oh yes, it was them.trans.gif

“J…Jaa…Jagiya?” you heard Kyung mumble as his sleepy head caught on to the fact that you had left the bed. He stared at your through half-lidded eyes, confused with your current position and most of all: the sadness on your face. “What’s wrong?” he asked, his caring instincts kicking in. You knew he hated to see you like this and he’d always wanted to see you happy. Not once when he saw you like this, he had failed to ask what was wrong. And he’d always do anything in his power to make you smile again. “They are back.” You mumbled, knowing Kyung would understand you meant the fans in front of his window. Although Kyung usually decided not to call these ones his fans. According to him, those who didn’t support his relationship and therefore were against his happiness, weren’t true BBC’s, or something like that. Of course it wasn’t the fact they camped in front of his house that made him think like that. It was how they decided to harass you whenever you got out or how they were sending you hate-mail. It was something that pissed off the usually so happy Kyung to no end.

As expected he jumped out of bed with an angry expression on his face and joined you at the window. “Ignore them.” He said, peering through the blinds and taking your hand. “I know, I know. But they woke me up and I wanted to be sure it was them.” You answered, feeling how he leaded you back to the bed. Within seconds he sat down and had you pulled against his chest. You felt relaxation fall over your body yet again as you rested your face on his chest and felt his fingers through your hair. It was a small caring gesture, but it was enough to calm you down instantly. It made you feel warm inside… it made you feel… at home.

“Do you want me to go outside and tell them to leave?” Kyung asked all of a sudden, making you sigh. “They won’t leave anyway.” You answered. “Well then at least I tried.” He replied with a light shrug. He did have a point and the thought of him showing them he really did care for you enough to send them away, did make you happier. “They’ll come back, again and again and again.” You then said, realization falling over you. Would they ever really stop? “They’ll eventually accept it.” He said, still caressing your hair. “Will they?’” you questioned, not being sure of it yourself. “They will. They can’t keep on ignoring how the two of us stay together forever.” He said, his other hand now gently rubbing your back. But it wasn’t that what got your heart pumping faster, but it was the word he had used… forever.

You and Kyung had talks before, things which implied that the two of you would indeed stay together forever. After all, you two were living together and had met each other’s parents and all. But now somehow this word had felt different, more deep and it made a spark light inside of you. “Forever forever?” you suddenly asked, leaning up to watch his face. “What do you mean?” he asked, not catching on right away. You kept on staring at him and suddenly it was as if you could see a light switch on above his head. “Oh. Well yeah, of course.” He then said in this typical way only Kyung could do.” Well yeah? Well yeah of course? You’re saying this as if we’re discussing tonight’s dinner!” you complained, suddenly moving away from his chest and sitting up. “What are we having for dinner then?” Kyung asked as he joined you. You felt his arms slither around your waist and you instantly pulled away from him, hearing him sigh. “_____, how        was I supposed to say it then? I thought it was obviously I want you to be mine one day.” He mumbled quietly. His tone was enough to make you realize that he had, of course, meant well and made you face him again.

“I’m already yours, Kyung.” You said, this time you being the one who wrapped your arms around him. His dark eyes focused on yours as a smile spread on his face “But I want you to be ‘mine mine’ ‘forever forever’.” he grinned, making your heart jump again as you giggled. “Do you?” you asked happily. “Definitely.” He grinned, “and you?” he returned. “I do.” You said, watching an even bigger smile spread across his face as he spoke again. “I can’t wait to hear that in front of an altar.”

~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

All the power left your body as your mind went over that specific memory. What had gone wrong? Why wasn’t he here? Have you been pushing him into something he wasn’t sure of? Was he having second thoughts? With every possible explanation flowing through your mind, you felt yourself give in to the numbness of your body; sinking to the floor. Yoona tried to stop you, but she saw the devastation that colored your eyes. The cold floor felt somehow soothing, almost matching the feelings that were washing over you. Where was Kyung? He had been late before, he was always late. But this time your friends had confirmed he had left the house before you did. And now almost an hour had passed and he still wasn’t here… Where had he gone? There was something going on, you could feel it in the core of your heart; bleeding slowly.

“We’re trying to reach him ______, just wait a bit more.” Yoona started, but you hardly registered what she had said. Eyes closed, you felt tears linger behind the surface of your eyelids. They were ready to stream out like waterfalls, ready to ruin your make-up. Not that it mattered, for something way more important was already ruined. “Pick up, Kyung.” You heard Minah mutter, figuring she was on the phone yet again. But there would be no response, you feared.

“Get me out of here.” You managed to whisper, watching as all eyes suddenly focused on you. “What?” Yoona asked. You knew she had heard it clearly but probably refused to believe it. You weren’t one to give up this easily, but right now you had lost the will to fight. “Get me out of here. Now.” You repeated, getting up slowly because of the tight dress. “_____, if we only wait a bit more. He’s just late… like he always is.” Minah started, taking your hand to help you up. “And what if he isn’t? What if he’s just not coming? Maybe he just decided he no longer wants me by his side!” you yelled at her, watching as her eyes got bigger. But it was your face that was looking truly shocked the moment you heard another familiar voice.

“I could never live without you by my side.” Kyung spoke, his voice enough to make you spur around in a flash. His eyes were big and full of sorrow; the look he usually had on his face when he knew you were in pain. “Kyung…” you whispered, your heart instantly warming up at the sight of him and making the pain more bearable. “We got into an accident on our way over here…” he started, slowly taking steps closer to you as if he wasn’t sure you would let him approach. “There was this car… just out of nowhere and bam.” He continued on, making you gasp for air. He looked okay, but still you feared he might be in more pain that you could see on the outside. “Are you okay?” you brought out, closing the distance between the two of you and cupping his face with your hand. All the pain you had felt before was now replaced with genuine guilt for ever doubting him… “The car wouldn’t start anymore so I had to run all the way over here. Only halfway through I realized I forgot my phone.” He said while he ignored your question. Typical Kyung to care less for his own health than he cared for the explanation towards you. “Are you okay jagiya?” you repeated, this time taking his face with both of your hands and your voice a tad bit stronger to make sure he’d answer this time. “Just a mild concussion. I’ll be fine.” He replied this time, making relief wash over you. You smiled at him, eyes getting teary yet again. He was okay…he was here, with you. He was here. Finally. “Do you want to… postpone the wedding?” you brought out carefully. You knew it would be better for him to rest right now. Even if it meant not getting married today.

“I think nothing would make me feel better than just getting married to you jagiya.” Kyung said, moving closer to you and circling his arms around your waist. “If you are still willing to be mine, concussion and all included?” he said with a silly grin on his face. “forever forever, remember?” you smiled back, pressing your lips to his. The feeling of having him this close made everything that happened just now simply vanish from your mind. It was only the two of you now… And soon you two would be one; forever.