T W O

Shadow Robber

 

C H A P T E R - T W O

"Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends."

- Jacques Delille

 



2 두

"Hyun Joong, recite the FAMILY rules?" called the tall man who's back was turned against hyunjoong as the little boy with expressionless face reached the front door.

he turned and faced the man that was his father and simply recited with a monotonous voice the rules which had been engraved in his head since the time he can remember, "Don't get anyone's notice..."

"Don't show anyone my real ability, don't show any feelings, Don't get into other people's business, and don't get attached to anyone. ." he continued as he turned facing his father with his hands clasped at his back.

his father nodded, "good, i don't want the same thing to happen again. The incident last week when you fought those kids should never have happened in the first place."

"yes.." he curtly said then continued to the door and out of the 2 floored granite house. he walked casually with his head turned in front, with one of his hands at the side and the other holding the strap of his backpack. To anyone and everyone he was just every other elementary student walking to school and most importantly he was below anyone's notice.

he had been walking for a couple of minutes when suddenly a shout came from out of no where, "Hyun Joong....!!!"

he didnt turn back and just continued walking straight to the street leading to school but the his name being shouted became more insistent, "Yah.. hyun joongie..."

without any backward glance he continued to ignore the classmate he had saved from bullies and has started to pester him to no end. he knew that his name was KIm JaeJoong, the oddest kid he has ever come in contact with and all of his other classmates thought him odd too.

when he had saved him, it was instinct on his part to fight Bullies to save a helpless person. Now after 1 week he curse the thing that made him save this new unwanted guy. He ended up as his classmate and easily the most annoying guy in all his life who stays at his tail from morning until the end of school. And however much he ignored Jaejoong, he seemed to believe and impose that they were friends - and that he, hyunjoong was jaejoong's first friend.

he had tried almost everything to get Jaejoong to understand that he wasnt jaejoong friends. Ignoring him didnt work, cause jaejoong would just continue to talk nonstop about his life - his strict mother, his funny father, his dream of becoming the greatest pianist.

by the 3rd day, he truthfully told jaejoong that he didnt want his company, but then jaejoong started to cry in front of him which nearly got him called to the principal's office for bullying a classmate.  so he ended up admitting that they were friends.

Remembering the incidents from the past week, made him hesitant to go to school. but then their family creed comes into mind as usual. and in their family, the Family Creed is the Law above all things.

he was in the street near their school when he felt a hand grasp his shoulder. even without looking back he knew that it was Jaejoong. and it was only confirmed by the cheerful shouts of  jaejoong, "Daddy... this is hyunjoong"

he felt the tugging on his arms as jaejoong said, "Hyunjoong, the 'friend' I was telling you about..." stressing on the word friend and another tug at him as he continued the introduction, " Hyunjoong say hello to my Dad.."

he turned around and faced front to where a black sedan was parked and a nice-looking and smiling-faced guy waved at him enthusiastically. Jaejoong kept tugging on him and waved his hands while saying, "daddy good Bye now... I'll be okay cause my friend is with me. See you later..."

he watched at the car rode away and jaejoong kept jumping up and down in happiness as to what he calls, 'as what friends do' as jaejoong walks beside him to the end of the street where their school is located..

instead of crossing the street to go to school like all of the kids, he turned left cause today he had more important thing to do than go to school. he walked faster until he was running intending to lose Jaejoong but not getting other people's notice. He had walked about 5 minutes with jaejoong still keeping up with him in pace while still chatting endlessly about how his weekend went - from the recital he attended to the food they ate for the weekend

they were already 3 blocks away from school when he turned around and faced jaejoong. Jaejoong bumped into him out of breathe and calling. "hyunjoong where are we going..?"

with serious eyes he looked at Jaejoong and said in an even voice, "you go back to school. I need to do something..."

Jaejoong looked at him confused and asked, "but we're friends, so we should go to school together.. right?"

he looked at Jaejoong in exasperation as an unwanted tag-along, his whole plan for the day would be ruined. so he told jaejong, "I am not going to school today but you are.."

Jaejoong confusion escalated and that had him asking, "not going to school but why..? and where are you going..? "

"i said 'I' am not going to school but your are. and where ever I go is none of your business" he snarled as he could see that they were being eyed by a the traffic woman.

he felt Jaejoong tremble, eyes staring at him. he saw unshed tears forming in Jaejoong's eyes, frustrated with how Jaejoong action was making people notice them, he consoled Jaejoong again to halt the possible disaster, "shhh, stop it.. ah dont do that..."

frustrated with jaejoong's actions that was making them a center of attentention, he turned to begging, "kim jaejoong-Shi please stop that.."

jaejoong then looked straight to his eyes and smiled brightly, he was puzzled with the change in Jaejoong's expression -- from sad one moment to smiling the next. His confusion was quickly answered with jaejoong explaining, "ah hyunjoong-ah, you called me by my name. this is the first time you called my name."

he looked at the heavens while shaking his head at the weird observation of jaejoong, "okay what ever, just go back okay.. go to school..."

jaejoong sniffed and answered, "but i cant go back, we are friends now, you even called me by my name. so where ever you go i will also go "

HyunJoong shook his head, he cant let jaejoong come with him. it would only create a bigger problem, chaos and disaster if he lets Jaejoong tag-along. and if the both of them would be reported for absence in school all hell will break lose with his father.

looking at Jaejoong, only a twisted 'friendship' reason can get him off his trail so he faced jaejoong and said in a firm voice, "listen   here Jaejoong, are you really my friend..?"

he waited for acknowledgement, Jaejoong nodded, so he continued, "okay if you are my friend, can i ask you a favor. this favor is very important, can i count on you to do it..?"

Jaejoong not speaking but again nodded. he sighed and told a lie, "there is an important object in my locker. I need you to go get it and if you can give it to me i will be waiting for you.."

Jaejoong smiled and asked, "is that all Hyunjoongie..?"

now it was his turn to nod. before he could tell jaejoong what he wanted, jaejoong had already sprinted toward school. he shook his head knowing that when Jaejoong enter the premises of school he would not be able to get out until the dismissal period. he sighed knowing that what jaejoong was going to find in his locker was a rock from his hometown, it was something he had ordinarily planned to bring to his destination but due to his father's Rule at home, her left it at school. but whether he had it now or not he would still go to his destination.

he then turned around and continued to walk toward the paths to the temples. he was walking now with normal pace knowing that no one was going to bother him at the moment.

he looked up at the sky as he walked through the park. Some dry leaved were falling to the ground, and he smiled bitterly about it. it was the season that he both loved and hated. he had been walking almost an hour when suddenly a hand clasp his shoulder. fearing that it was his father, he stiffened.

he heard then a shout that was familiar, "yah who do we have here..? oh look chunhee who do we have here..?"

he relaxed knowing that he wasnt found out by his father. he was then turned around to face the bullies he had meet when he saved Jaejoong. as he faced him, he held his hands high in a form of surrender as he told them, "ah miahne about last time. please i am not here to fight, i just need to go someplace so please let me go.."

"look chunhee, dongki. look how mighty he seems now. he even is apologizing. but boys do you remember how we forgive guys like them" the leader asked and was followed by the nods of 6 boys that was bigger that him.

he sighed, he really had no time to fight right now. he was going to apologize again but then years of training since he was 5 years old has equipped him with sense when there was danger, and as the laughter of the bullies continued, his sense of danger was telling him that danger was near. and seconds after he was shoved to the wall by 2 of the minions of the gang. 

like the last fight they had a school when he saved Jaejoong, it was the bullies and him. the only differnce now was they were twice in number as the last time. all his training now werved its purpose.

as he was fighting the leader he didnt see anotehr attacker at his back, and when sensed him when he truned around it was too late. cause a hard blow was send to his side making him fall on his knees. it was at that moment that he heard a scream, "Yahhhh....!!!! Dont hurt him.."

He looked to the side and was amazed that it was jaejoong running towards them swinging hi rock. in a moment he saw the rock fly across the distance towards the head of the leader of the bullies. in that moment all hell broke lose, the neighborghood came about inspecting the noise they had created when they fought, all the bullies ran toward the leader who had fallen on his due to the rock thrown to his head. when he looked at Jaejoong again he was still running toward them with a very serious and angry face on him. 

seeing the opportunity, He immediately came to his feel, picked up the rock and went to jaejoong. when he was near jaejoong he then grabbed jaejoong's hand and on his other hand, pulled him to follow him.

they had been running away from the bullies for a couple of minutes, and he was still reeling at the events that just passed. he looked around and saw that jaejoong was so out of breath it seemed like he was going to puke. but looking at him he cant help but feel a sense of amazement of the feats that jaejoong has accomplished.

first it seemed like Jaejoong was able to get his rock, the one he asked for.

2nd jaejoong seemed to have escaped from school, it was not an ordinary feat

3rd, jaejoong throw the rock at the bullies to save him.

he was really amazed. that for the first time in that day he smiled. and it was followed by a low rumble of chuckles and laughing - his first in almost a year. there was just so little to smile about in his life.

ever since meeting jaejoong, the pest, a lot has happened to him. and he experienced many firsts. now he understood that running could also be fun espcially if there was someone running beside you.

they were running side by side and he finallyslowed down his running. and sensing that Jaejoong needed rest after 20 minutes of running away from the bullies, he stopped. jaejoong fell to the ground and took deep breathes, clearly not used to running. he smiled again.

he was surprisingly having a good time...

it was a couple of minutes after when jaejoong was able to breath normally again. by the time jaejoong sat up, he was already sure that the bullies hadnt followed them.

they were silent, still assessing each other. then Jaejoong was the first to break the silence wit his question, "yah hyunjoongie, where are we going..?"

he sighed, knowing that he had no other choice but to bring jaejoong, and since it was the first time someone tried t help and save him. he felt complied to answer, "i am going to visit my mother.."

Jaejoong was confused so he asked, "but this is the way to the temple...?"

he nodded, and answered mildly, "yeah..it is.. and anyway you didnt have to help me i can take care of myself..."

"its nothing hyungjoongie, friends help each other. you saved me once and now i helps your. isnt that what friends do..? help each other.." Jaejoong asked in a cheerful voice.

he sighed as he thought, 'i dont know what friends do cause i never had friends...'

"but hyunjoongie, why are we going to the temple, does your mom live there..?" Jaejoong asked interrupting his thoughts.

he shook his head and sensing the questions next he finally answered, "i am visiting my mom at the temple cause my mom is already in heaven...".

 

- czak

unni is this chapter okay...?

Yes ,Love it I will start trying to write chapter 3 Ana !!