Prelude; scherzo

the love that we had; the love that we lost (something we can never get back anymore)

Chanyeol has been waiting for this day since forever.

“Yixing-hyung, are you sure this is going to be alright? I mean, you know that Baek is the best musician ever, right?” Yixing raises an eyebrow. Chanyeol stops to momentarily think of what he just said.

 “I mean, other than you, he is the best,” he amends. “Will he ever listen to this?”

Yixing looks satisfied. He bends down to pick his guitar and places it on its case. He looks Chanyeol in the eyes, “No matter how horrible that is, Baek will appreciate that. He always appreciates your burnt eggs and bacons –“

“That’s different!” Chanyeol interrupts, feeling a little mortified. “I mean, this isn’t just any food I’m serving him. This is a ing confession! Our relationship will depend on this!”

“So what?” Yixing looks at him funny, wiping down invisible dusts from his guitar case with the use of his fingers.“You two can always go back to being best friends if this doesn’t work out. Isn’t it always like that?” Yixing shrugs, pulling the zipper up and then slinging the strap of the guitar case on his back. “With best friends, I mean,”

“What if he doesn’t want to be friends anymore after this?” Chanyeol whines, running towards the door of the music room when Yixing tries to walk towards it. “What If he’s weirded out that we spent the rest of our youth, up to now, being best friends and then suddenly I’m confessing?” Yixing rolls his eyes and steps to the side in an attempt to escape the music room. Chanyeol blocks the way with his long stride.

“You’re always weird. I’m sure Baekhyun won’t see any difference.” Yixing sidesteps again. For the second time, Chanyeol blocks his way.

“That’s not fair! Don’t use your long body to keep me here!” Yixing complains, pointing an index finger at the younger male. “If he values your friendship a lot, a confession wouldn’t change anything, unless he agrees dating you, which is a good thing,” Yixing sidesteps again. This time, Chanyeol doesn’t move from his place.

“Now excuse me, Lu Han’s top is fuming. I’m twenty minutes late for our date.” He says before pushing past through the giant, grumbling about something like ‘pain in the dongsaengs’ and ‘he is so dead to Lu Han’ and ‘he should probably make it up to him in bed’.

Chanyeol stands dumbly in the middle of the music room, his back facing the entrance. He is so deep in thought that he doesn’t notice someone opening the room until Baekhyun snaps a finger in front of his face. “What’s this emergency, Park Chanyeol?!”

Huh?” Chanyeol asks, taking in Baekhyun’s haggard figure, sweat trickling down his pale face.

“Lu Han called me and said there’s an emergency and you’re keeping Yixing here,” Baekhyun starts, placing both hands on his knees. “He’s so annoyed that you’re keeping his boyfriend when it’s their anniversary!”

Baekhyun looks around the room. Seeing no Yixing around, he fixes his gaze at Chanyeol’s dazed expression who blinks his eyes like he just seen his professor .

“What the actual are you staring at?!” He barksat Chanyeol.

Chanyeol holds out his hand; for a while, it hangs there –mid-air, but then it reaches Baekhyun’s face and he wipes the beads of sweat on the elder’s face, brushing his cheek with a thumb. Baekhyun starts to protest about something that is probably an impending ual harassment but is cut off when he realizes that Chanyeol’s hand is huge and warm and so manly and comforting and maybe, probably, he likes to keep it there, even just for a little while.

“I like you Baekhyun.” Chanyeol announces; his tone monotonous and no nonsensical whatsoever; as if he’s just reciting the alphabet back there on third grade. For a while, Baekhyun stands with his mouth hanging open. But then he recovers, and he laughs harder than he could ever remember, “Oh Chanyeol!” he starts,making sure that Chanyeol will hear that he is laughing at his joke. “I’ve always known that!”

“You do?” Chanyeol’s face falls.

“You can’t not like me, of course,” Baekhyun says, his tone airy. “I let you copy assignments; I save your all the time; I keep your s together,” He starts counting on his fingers, “We’ve been together since your moma had put on your first diaper. You always cling to me and –“

“No!” Chanyeol interrupts, closing Baekhyun’s fingers to stop him from counting.

“No?” Baekhyun raises an eyebrow.

“Hold a sec,” The younger male murmurs, getting his guitar from the corner of the room. “Sit here,” He says, gesturing for Baekhyun to sit on the nearest stool and getting one for himself. He lifts a leg on the chair and positions the guitar between his body and the elevated leg.

Chanyeol plucks a string, then a second, then athird; until he gets the familiar tune of the song he composed so long ago but only had the courage to ask for Yixing’s assistance two months ago to make it something real.

“Your face –” He clears his throat to clear his voice.

Once he gets hold of the familiar symphony, the familiar words he had put on together flows out of his mouth easily. Like swallowing down honey: sweet and serene; smooth and silky. Something like how their relationship goes: it’s almost as natural as breathing.

You face never leaves my vision
even if I rub my eyes, you’re still there
it’s like you’re glued
a non-peeling wallpaper
that disables me to look anywhere
you block my sight
and you’re all I see

Well, darling, yeah~
it’s not as if I would want to look at anyone else
you’re all I see
overwhelming...
taking in my whole being
and I’m not complaining

You took my hand on a breezy autumn
and blew puffs of hot air on my fingers
you kissed the numbness away
and from where your lips touched my skin,
the sensation lingers
it remains all over
warming my hand, warming my heart

If only you’ll spare as single glance
look my way, look my way
can’t you see I have loved you for so long?
The feelings had been ignored, still it grew so strong

I had loved you for so long
let this love not be prolonged

 

He finishes the last note with a tremor. A slight tinge of red surfaces on his face as he studies Baekhyun’s dazed expression, narrowing his eyes to observe the boy in front of him.

“What,” Baekhyun starts with a nervous chuckle, “is the emergency again?”

“Lu Han-hyung is just being selfish. I was just asking for Yixing-hyung’s help with this,” He gestures with the guitar on his hand, “with this,”

“Are you going to be a music major? I thought you just want to rap,” Baekhyun comments. “No, you said it was a habit, are you going to shift course?”

“No Baek, it’s not like that –”

“Your voice is too deep and too low and too scary –”

“I know you don’t have to tell me –”

“And your voice have to be whole on each note and –”

“Baekhyun I’m giving a ing confession I don’t give a damn how ridiculous I sound I want you to understand what I’m trying to say!” Chanyeol snaps, throwing his guitar on the floor. It landed with a loud bang at the corner of the room. Chanyeol doesn’t even spare a glance towards his guitar, just remains his sharp glare on Baekhyun’s face.

Baekhyun is rooted on the spot with the younger boy’s sudden outburst. He knows Chanyeol has his tantrums but he never knew it will come to this point where he’s going to throw his precious guitar.

“If you’re going to turn me down just say so. But Byun Baekhyun I want you to know that I’ve loved you for so long. And if I’ll be reborn, I’ll still love you. Even though you drool on my pillow, even though you talk on your sleep about your fantasies, even though you always sleeps on my bed as if you don’t have your own, even though you used my brief  –”

“–and the last tunes are a little off-key, okay.” Baekhyun cuts in Chanyeol’s ramblings.

Chanyeol clucks his tongue, squinting hard at the guitar thrown on the floor. He looks as if he’s about to run off the place.

“However, we can work on that next time. When we’re not busy doing ...” Baekhyun says amusedly, observing the younger boy as he seems to debate whether he’s going to leave the room or hear what Baekhyun is about to say, “...other things.”

Baekhyun throws a purposeful smirk at Chanyeol; as if they are sharing a little secret that as of now, only Baekhyun is in knowledge off. Chanyeol looks like he’s not going to run off the room anymore. He looks up and stares at Baekhyun for a good while before voicing his confusion, “There’s next time?” he asks, feeling dumb (when is he not dumb around Baekhyun?)

 “We’re going to be busy with –” Chanyeol pauses; Baekhyun raises a challenging eyebrow.

“ –other things?” Chanyeol finishes.

Baekhyun smacks his forehead with the heel of his palm, hard. Maybe he should be rethinking things over. “I just said that, didn’t I?!” he grumbles in exasperation.

Chanyeol blinks. “Does that mean a yes?”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest but does not answer.

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun am I officially freed from this ing friend zone?!” Chanyeol booms loudly, shaking the older boy in the shoulders. Baekhyun shrugs the boy’s hands offand turns to retrieve the guitar Chanyeol had thrown just thrown off the floor.

“Be happy this is a soundproof room or you’re not going to be anything to me at all.”

Chanyeol grins wildly. Wasting no time, he throws his lanky body over Baekhyun’s back and wraps his long arms around his waist, squeezing and sandwiching the boy’s little frame on his body.

“That is the lamest yes ever.” Chanyeol whispers on the smaller boy’s ear; Baekhyun shudders.

“I believe parallelism should be applied in everything, Chanyeol. That means when you give the lamest confession ever, I’m obliged to give the lamest answer too.”  Baekhyun replies, trying to free himself from Chanyeol’s vise-like grip. Chanyeol rubs the big mass of unkempt curls on Baekhyun’s neck.

Baekhyun yelps. “Eww Chanyeol your hair feels like pubes on my skin! Get it off!” He screams, once more doing his battle of escaping Chanyeol’s captivity. However, Chanyeol just laughs, his deep voice resonating over the closed rooms of the music room. Baekhyun feels the vibration of the boy’s laughter against his back.

“You’re always so ticklish.” Chanyeol says before poking Baekhyun’s sides; the other jumps, falling off the ground while he tries to block Chanyeol’s attack.

“Here’s the super duper mega ultimate Chanyeol attack!” Chanyeol announces as he continues to pokeon Baekhyun’s sensitive parts, which is to say, almost everywhere.

“Chanyeol stop!” The older boylaughs, tears prickling at the corner of his eyes. Chanyeol sits down the floor beside him, continuing his assaults as the elder finally gets the heart to attack, tickling the younger back. They continue like that until Baekhyun is finally defeated, laying on the ground, sprawling his body wide as he holds both hands up in surrender.

“Okay, I give up, I give up,” He laughs, covering his waist with his arms to block Chanyeol’s fingers away in case he tries again. But Chanyeol doesn’t; instead, he moves to his feet to hover above the elder. He places both hands on either side; Baekhyun’s body in between Chanyeol’s legs, too close that there’s no escape, but loose enough not to hurt him. They stare at each other for a moment, the sound of their ragged breathing seems enough to fill in the silence between them.

Chanyeol bends down and places his lips against the others. Baekhyun closes his eyes and raises his hand on Chanyeol’s head to lock his fingers on his hair. He pulls the younger down to deepen the kiss, coaxing his mouth open. Chanyeol gasps for much needed air and Baekhyun takes that as on opportunity to insert his tongue and the insides of Chanyeol’s wet cavern. Chanyeol moans to the kiss, biting Baekhyun’s lower lip and it afterwards. Baekhyun runs his other hand on Chanyeol’s back, tracing the long chord of spine against his shirt, thinking that he should probably measure how long his best friend’s (now boyfriend) back is.

Chanyeol rolls his hip, grinding against Baekhyun’s and that’s when he felt something uncomfortable poking between his legs. He throws Chanyeol to the side immediately.

“Jerk.” He mutters.

“Sorry.” Chanyeol apologizes, embarrassed. Chanyeol turns over so that his face is just a sheet of paper away from Baekhyun and places a quick peck on his lips. “I love you.” He murmurs. There’s a slight tinge of red on Baekhyun’s face, and he moves down so that his head is resting on Chanyeol’s chest as he wraps an arm around his waist, holding him close;feelinghis heart beating. Baekhyun then wraps a leg over Chanyeol’s long ones, intertwining it so that there is nothing but air between them.

And this, Chanyeol thinks, is the sweetest and loudest I love you, anyone could ever say.


[A/N]: I'm sure there are possible grammar errors and weird tenses because I typed it on AFF without proof reading. Please overlook it. The whole story would be posted some time this week.