Chapter 12

Does Fate Was Playing With Us?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Uee stares at her phone blankly. She holds it but then put it down back. Then, she holds it again and put it down again. She stands up from the bed and sits on the couch in the room, looking through the room. *Why it feels so different? What’s wrong with me now? Do I miss him already?*

    Yoo Jin… misses him already?

    It’s so complicated.

    She shook her head. But she can’t lie to herself. Everything in this room reminds her of him. The closet, the bed, the sheet, the balcony, his toiletries in the bathroom and everything! She topples her body on the couch and looks up blankly to the ceiling.

    “Don’t miss me, okay…”

     His words before he left rang in her ears. *Glad there’s no such thing as farewell kiss. Or else, I might get heart attack.* Uee turns her body to the left. Said it’s for two weeks but then, it’s possible to comeback before this two weeks right?

    Uee left out a heavy sigh. She looks on her wedding ring. *Finally, I’m wearing it right now. It’s so simple, just like an engagement ring with a diamond on it.* She turns the ring on her finger.* what’s wrong with me?*

    *

    The moon is so bright tonight… full moon. Hyun Joong places an empty glass on the coffee table. He’s now in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The night scenery is so beautiful with lights everywhere but in the morning… it’s so crowded with the traffic jam and vehicles everywhere.  He glances on the television. What kind of program it is, he doesn’t even sure. The fan meeting this morning was super tiring.

    “Hyun Joong, you don’t want to join us?” his manager already loosens up his tie.

    Alex, his second manager already folds up his sleeves.   “Come on, man.  We’re not going to arcade. Just pick-up iced lemon tea would be great.”   

    “Nooo…“ Hyun Joong grins. “I already vow to my wife. No more night life.”

    He looks up to the moon outside the windows. Then, he stares turns to his hand phone. Aunt Yenny said everything’s fine in the house. But, he stills dialed her number. After a while, the operator’s voice can be heard.

    “Engaged?”

*

    Uee looks at the screen. Engaged? Who’s he talking to right now? Maybe So Min. Her brows furrowed. But then she grins to herself. *What happen already, Uee? Something is wrong somewhere? She shook her head before wake up and sits in front of her laptop. *Better talk to Nana right now. *

    Uee is sitting in a fancy restaurant waiting for her guest to come. She’s wearing a simple dress but she’s still looks pretty wearing it. After a while, a waiter walks towards her and she can see her guest behind the waiter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter