1/2

look at me (please Luhan-hyung)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everybody who hears Baekhyun’s voice would most definitely want to hear more of it, because it’s angelic, soothing, and relaxing.

But Lu Han begs to differ at the moment.

Because at six o’clock in the morning, he wants nothing more than to catch few more eye shuts, before the gruesome cycle of being an idol starts again. And Baekhyun singing Chen’s part to wolf does not help make this thing possible.

This is why he doesn’t like sharing dorms with K. For some odd reason, they are a lot more active, a lot louder, and whole lot more energetic than M. And Luhan is sure they have more routine than M could ever have. No wonder Joonmyeon has been getting white hairs at the young age of 23. Wu Fan better be thankful he has M instead.

“Rise and shine, baby-yah~” Baekhyun busts in the room, all smile and loud cheers before Luhan could ever think of ways to murder Byun Baekhyun. He is holding a piece of bread between those pretty fingers, waving it off his face like a bone for a dog. Luhan decides to kick his shin. And because Luhan is still sleepy and lethargic, it passes through thin air, Baekhyun grinning cheekily at him.

“So cranky so early in the morning?” he teases, tongue sticking out between his lips and bending over to pull the pillow under Luhan’s head. The older male hits his head on the headboard with a thud. He gives a glower a person who just woke up could muster and throws a pillow on his face. “Get lost!” he groans, voice muffled as he buries his face on the bed, a pillow propped up his head. Baekhyun tugs on this pillow insistently.

“Hyung join me for breakfast~” Baekhyun tries to act all cutesy, still tugging on Luhan’s pillow. The younger male continues pestering him by singing off-key tunes of JJ Lin’s I still miss her, and after the high-pitched chorus, Luhan gives up, unable to take the abuse of his favourite artist’s song anymore. He throws the pillow on his face as he gets up, shouting, “Fine! Just shut the hell up.”

Baekhyun beams like he just won the lottery and Luhan’s heart flips a little at the sight of the dimple barely grazing his face. Baekhyun’s dimple is not always pronounced when he smiles, unlike Yixing’s. And that’s what makes it special; it takes something exceptional to coax that cute dimple out of his cheek; it takes something really special to make him happy.

“You’re the best hyung!” Baekhyun blows a kiss on the air before skipping outside the room, probably to wake the other members up.

Luhan’s mind vaguely wonders if Baekhyun had made it his moral obligation to rob members off their much needed sleep and be the worst ever alarm clock Guineas has yet to discover.

Yup, he hates being in K’s dorm.

He hates every exceptional fibre that is Byun Baekhyun.

-

EXO has been given a rare chance of break after a week’s worth of schedules crammed into a day. Everyone goes off their way with their own little party. Anyway, at times like this, without public scrutiny, EXO is not really one; or at least they don’t have to pretend to.

 Luhan could not exactly remember when their foursome started being a fivesome.

Probably because it really isn’t meant to be that way.

Everyone has parted ways; Tao is with the twin towers, Kris and Chanyeol, Kyungsoo surprisingly with them just for a change. The K maknae line Jongin and Sehun wouldn’t leave Suho the alone, because they’re always hoping to spend the night without using their own money. And Luhan, Luhan is with his usual—Minseok, Yixing, Jongdae and—he wonders why in the world Byun Baekhyun is running towards them. He eyes the smaller male warily as he tugs on his jacket, trying to catch up to them, gasping, “Hey! Hey! Wait,”

Come to think of it, Luhan had not seen Baekhyun join any group before they part ways.

Then Baekhyun falls in step with Luhan, hands tucked on his front pockets as he puffs his cheek out to imply his discontentment for exerting effort in trying to catch up with them. Luhan scoffs beside him. “Why are you here?”

Baekhyun looks at him like he just asked him to put the moon right on his palms. “Why wouldn’t I be here?”

Luhan huffs in annoyance and glares at Yixing’s and Minseok’s back, wondering why he was left in such predicament in the form of Byun Baekhyun. He tries speeding up his pace for some sort of salvation, but Baekhyun does not get the point and matches his speed with his own. It’s either Baekhyun is stupid, or he’s doing it on purpose. Luhan could really not know the difference sometimes.

Finally, when the matching-speed game gets annoying, Luhan halts to a stop, a few feet away from his two friends and turns to Baekhyun, “This is not exactly the same group you hang out with.”

Baekhyun grins at him. “It is not too late to realize I’ve made wrong choices with friends.”

Luhan just bites his lip in frustration and runs up between Yixing and Minseok, who are currently engaged in a conversation. They shoot Luhan a dirty look. Before he could speak, Baekhyun is already beside them. “Is this a clique? Why do I get this feeling Luhan doesn’t want me here?”

“I don’t,” Luhan pipes up with feeling, glaring instead at the beads of sweat trickling down Baekhyun’s face, caused by too much running. The sweat glistens as the moonlight catches to them and Luhan never thought something so gross could be beautiful.

“It’s not,” Jongdae assures him. “Luhan just doesn’t want being with anyone else at all.”

“It’s perfectly normal.” Minseok adds helpfully, latching his arms on Baekhyun’s. The younger male smiles broadly, flashing white pearls to Luhan’s direction and his heart hurts, just a little.

He holds his peace as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter