You're My Only One Way

Stairway to Heaven

     She walked the long trail the park held on its far end. No children were out playing, which was quite odd considering the perfect day. A very bright sky and light breeze to fit with the beaming sun. It was every kid’s paradise, or this young lady’s in particular. Her long brown hair flowed almost majestically over her shoulder, brushing along her face calmly as the wind blew softly. She was wearing her favorite white sun-dress, the one she only wore when the weather was nothing short of perfect.

    She walked down the park and sighed peacefully at the scenery. The only thing that was ruining her mood was the pounding headache in her temples. It seemed so out of place with the nearly perfect aura, the young woman was distraught. Her head shook as she held her head in her hands, trying to remember what she could’ve done to cause the pain she was feeling. To her dismay she was only able to draw a blank. This led her to think of what she did that morning. Strangely enough, she couldn’t.

    Nothing of that mornings events could find their way to the lady’s brain. Her eyebrows crinkled in confusion. She didn’t remember waking up, getting dressed, having breakfast, nor even walking to the park. She just kind of….popped up there. This confused her even more and was starting to frustrate her. She closed her eyes to think again but when she did she didn’t see darkness. She saw the face of someone whom she feels is familiar but she can’t put her finger on it.

    

    

    The girl had longer hair than her, and it was raven black. She had fairly tan skin and the smile of someone who just won a million dollars. The lady felt as though she knew her. As if this was de-ja-vu. The girl’s name seemed to be on the tip of her tongue. She just couldn’t think straight, wondering why she thought she knew the girl’s name.

     She shook her head and decided to walk on and try to forget the girl, but as she walked on more thought of the girl flowed through her head. The girl in various outfits, as if it were a memory bank she was going through. The lady was having a hard time even walking straight now. She would stumble into a few trees then find her footing back on the trail which was coming to an end. That’s when she saw her. The same girl in her thoughts was standing at the end of the trail, in a white dress of her own.

     “Yoona!” She called out and the lady froze. How was it possible the stranger knew who she was? The brunette starting backing up, when suddenly she felt arms wrap around her from behind her. She gasped and jumped as much as she could, and struggled to get out of the grip when a calm whisper was sounded beside her ear.

    “Calm down, Yoong. It’s me. It’s Yuri.” She quickly calmed down and hugged the girl around her. Out of nowhere memories flew inside her head as fast as a jet plane. She remembered who the girl hugging her was, but what she still didn’t know what where was she and how she get there.

    “Y-Yul…” The nickname rolled right off her tongue as if she knew all along who the other girl was.

    “Shhh….” Yuri hushed the girl in her arms and began rubbing her arm up and down.

    “Where are we…?” A sighed was heaved from Yuri.

    “Yoona…” She started when she was cut off by the girl breaking from her grip and turning to face her. She was starting to remember everything that happened.

    “I’m so sorry.” She was having a hard time getting her breathing back to even breaths as she started to cry.

    “It was my fault, I should’ve been more careful.” She started crying harder and hugged the girl who was formally behind her. “I shouldn’t have ran away. I should’ve just left the car alone and forgave you. I’m so sorry.” She gulped and dug her head into the other’s neck as the tears seemed to fall endlessly.

    “It wasn’t your fault, Yoona…”

    “Yes it was…I hit you…”

    “You didn’t see me.”

    “Does that make it any better? I still killed you…I’m so sorry.”

    “Yoona, think about it. You didn’t kill me…I was already dying.”

    “W-What do you mean…?”

    “I was shot before you even came around the corner.” Telling her own story was causing Yuri to tear up herself. She sat themselves on the grass as she started explaining what happened.

    “After we had the argument, and you ran out with the car, I chased after you. I was running down the streets trying to find you. Oddly enough, as soon as I found you a loud bang fired and I felt sharp pain in my arm. Someone shot me…When I tried to cross the street to you, you came around the corner and hit me. I was already dying.” She caressed her hand over the girl’s stomach and said quietly. “You were shot too. You ran out of the car to me and you were shot beside me.” She took a short pause and continued on. “That’s why you’re here too.”

    “Wait…W-Where are we?”

    “Heaven, well the limbo of heaven. We have to stay here until everyone was killed by the same reason appears with each other.”

    “So…how come we aren’t going yet?”

    “Yoona, do you remember Tiffany and Taeyeon from school?”

    The names rang a bell in her head but she couldn’t think right.

    “From school? So they were in our sophomore year of college?” Yuri nodded in response.

    “Our best friends? Yeah they were the couple that lasted since they were freshmen’s in High School.” Once again Yuri nodded.

    “They were shot too but the same person. They were right across the street when it happened and ran up to us, those idiots…They should’ve just ran home. To where it was safe.

   “So, who killed us?”

   “I don’t know. I don’t think we’ll ever know.”

    “Yuri, Yoona!” A new voice called from a little while away. It was from the preppy happy-go-lucky-girl everyone knew as Tiffany. She was holding hands with a girl shorter than her, known as the kid Taeng in school.

    “Tiffany, Taeyeon, you guys are here!” They all hugged and smiled to one another.

    “Well…you guys ready?” They all nodded and soon one by one disappeared. Making their conversion into heaven complete.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   “We just got an update on the case of the four girls shot and killed. Victims Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany Hwang, Kwon Yuri, and Im Yoona, are said not to be just random targets. The suspect we have in custody, Choi Sooyoung has given us the full confession that we will show you right now.

    “I loved her. Yul stole the one I loved, and I couldn’t let her get away with that.”

    “Then why did you shoot the other three girls, including the girl you were in love with?”

    “Because Tiffany and Taeyeon laughed when I confessed my love for her. They thought it was a joke and Yoona, broke my heart. She stopped talking to me and I became alone. It was all their faults. I told them I would get revenge and I did.”

    “You know that because of your actions you will sentenced to life in prison. So before you have to go, is there anything you want to say last?”

    “I’m sorry.”