He is Mine

Pretending

AMBER’s POV

 

I don’t know why Krystal suddenly got interested in meeting the real me. If only she knows that she is already facing the only twin brother of Aiden Liu. I wipe my mouth with table napkin and cleared my throat. She is looking at me with raised brows.

 

“Okay, I will introduce you to him. But I can’t guarantee you that he will not ignore you.” I said to her.

 

“Nobody ignores my beauty, Aiden. You knew it well.”she said with a smirk.

 

Well,I did when I first saw you!

 

“Yeah, right.”I agreed and fake a smile.

 

We finished our lunch together and I notice that she is in the good mood than earlier. She keeps on talking to me about random stuffs and I keep my head nodding and listen to everything that she would say. We went on separate ways when we get inside our school building and head to our own classrooms.

 

“What’s up, bro!” Key greeted me when he saw me enter our classroom. Luna who is sitting on her seat greeted me with her cheerful smile. “How did your lunch date go?”he questioned.

 

“Like usual.” I replied briefly before I sat down on my seat. “Anyway, my cousin will be coming with us this weekend, is it alright?” I asked them.

 

“That would be great! The more the merrier.” Luna said happily.

 

“The house has enough rooms to accommodate us so it’s okay.”Key told me.

 

“And probably she will invite Krystal’s sister.”I continued and it made them looked at me with slightly widened eyes. I furrowed my brows in confusion. “Why you two are giving me with that expression?”

 

“Aiden, you know that they don’t get along well, right?”Key told me. I think my brother knows everything about Krystal.

 

“Y-Yeah, but they are working on it.”I answered him. “Besides, it’s my cousin who will invite her sister so whether she likes it or not, she can’t do anything about it but to deal with it.”I continued.

 

“Jessica-unnie is a very protective sister, she might keep her eyes on you.”Luna informed me.

 

“Don’t worry, I will behave myself.” I answered to Luna with an assuring smile and she smiled back.

 

“Well, so we have two more guest whose coming with us. We should add some more boys because it will be you and me with the girls.”Key said to me.

 

“Invite Onew and Jonghyun or the others in our class.” I told him and a smile crept on his face.

 

“That’s a good idea.”He replied to me.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

After our class, I borrowed our economics room to prepare something for my Unnie as a peace offering for her. I called Aiden to accompany me. I need a taster for the cookies that I’m going to bake. He sat on the counter with a bored expression on his face.

 

“I really hate to see that expression of yours.”I said to him and it made him raised his brows.

 

“What expression?”he asked sounding clueless.

 

“That boredom written all over your face.”I answered him pointing his face with my right index finger.

 

“What do you want me to do? Keep smiling for no reason? I may look like a crazy person if I do that.”he replied and scoffed.

 

I rolled my eyes on him and just focus my attention in cooking. He is just watching me while I focus on baking. I have my guide book with me because this is the first time that I’m doing this kind of stuff. He excused himself when someone called him. I think it is his brother again because I heard him mention the word ‘bro’.

 

“Does your brother always call you every afternoon?” I questioned him when he got back.

 

“Yeah, he always does.” He replied to me and sat on the counter again. “How many minutes left?”

 

“10 more minutes.” I answered him. He glanced on his watch before he nodded his head.

 

I lean against the counter and we have this awkward silence. For the first time, I find the ten minutes too long. He jumps off the counter and stretch his arms. I think he got bored for real. He walks over to the oven and peek on the cookies being cook inside.

 

“I think your sister will definitely love it.”he said to me which caught me off guard.

 

He looked at me with a smirk on his face and judging by that smirk of his, I know he is teasing me. I rolled my eyes on him and he just scoffed. The cookies smell good when we take them out of the oven. We let them cool down first and give one piece to Aiden to taste.

 

“How was it?”I questioned him curiously feeling worried that it might taste bad.

 

“It’s okay.”he replied to me after he swallowed it with a smile.

 

“I think ‘okay’ is enough.”I replied to him. Somehow, I feel disappointed because I’m expected that he would say to me that it is delicious.

 

“Bake more and add more sugar and chocolate toppings on them. If you sister likes sweets, she will find it very delicious.” He told me.

 

I followed what he had advice me to do. He offered his help but I decided not to accept it. I want to do this alone for my sister without anyone’s help. It is already sunset when we finished making cookies. I feel happy when Aiden finally said that it is delicious. When we got out from our school, I saw Unnie with the girl I saw in Aiden’s apartment. I didn’t expect that they know each other. He greeted them politely and I did the same.Unnie  got surprise when she knew that Aiden is her friend’s cousin.

 

“Yah Vic, why you didn’t tell me?!”Unnie said to her sounding a little annoyed. Vic-unnie just flashed her an apologetic smile.

 

“I just want to surprise you, Sica.”Vic-unnie replied to her and then turns to Aiden. “Dork, I will snatch you away from your girlfriend because you need to go with me.”he said to him.

 

“It’s okay.”I said to Aiden when he turns to me.

 

“Alright.”he answered.

 

They said their goodbye to us and it is Unnie and I who was left. Without them, I feel awkward being alone with her. We get inside the car and Unnie just stay silent. I cleared my throat to break the silence and swallowed my embarrassment.

 

“Unnie, I-I’m sorry.”I told her as I handed the cookies that I made for her.

 

She just stared at me with widened eyes. I think she got surprise of my action. Then later, she curve a smile and tears escape from her eyes before she hug me.

 

“You silly little sister!”she mumbled and scoffed.

 

I giggled and tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. I feel like a heavy load was lifted up from me. I’m glad that I met Aiden, if not, my relationship with my sister will never change. My previous boyfriend’s advices were different compared to his. I think he did understand me that’s why he had said the right words that would move my heart and change my perception towards my sister’s act.

 

“Soojung, I like him for you.”Unnie said to me with a smile and this is the first time she approved to my boyfriend.

 

I curved a smile on her in response. I am not yet sure if I like Aiden or not. The only thing that I am sure of is that I am happy that I know that he is mine.