Can you be my baby?

Baby

 

 

 


This is it Byun Baekhyun, don't waste your chance. You've waited long enough, you don't want to look like a fool in front of her, right? I can only sigh in front of the mirror checking myself for how many times already.

I closed my eyes and prayed. Please help me later. I promise I'll take good care of her, really. 

 

---

 

"Baekhyun!" someone shouted. I look back and saw my two friends running towards me. I waved. 

"Are you sure you'll do it today? like really sure? I remember last year you back out because you got sca--ow!" yelped Chanyeol when Kyungsoo smacked him. 

"Nice friend you are. You gave him a lot of strength." Kyungsoo said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. 

"I just want to make sure that my friend won't embarrass himself later on!" Chanyeol argued.

I can't help but to laugh a bit even if Chanyeol's words worry the hell of me.

You see, I supposed to confess to her last year but I got scared because...just because! But now I am so sure that I'm ready. I will ask her to be my mine today.

"It's fine Kyung at least Yeol is worried, it's the first." I said jokingly. "Hey!" 

Kyungsoo laugh and patted Chanyeol's shoulder. "Yeah." 

"Let's go now or we'll be late for class." 

 

---

 

"Baek! There she is!"

We are already complete the only one missing is my soon-to-be-girlfriend. We went to the field and there we saw her with the school's band.

Song Soojung.

The school's majorette. The most beautiful girl here in our school. I've been in love with her since middle school. She was, yes was, my best friend back then but when we entered high school she suddenly became popular with the boys and I got insecure because I was the school's nerd so I went out of her life slowly and tried to change myself which fortunately happened but my feelings for her never change.

"Are you ready?" they asked me. I nodded. 

"What are we waiting for? Lets go!" Yeol said and run to her. 

"Yeol!" I shouted. Oh my gosh! That Park Chanyeol really! I will kill him! I wanted to run but I don't want to make fun of myself in front of her. Remember, one chance, I only have today.

 

---

 

"H-hi, Soojung." I stuttered. She stop playing with her baton and look at me with her doe eyes. 

"Baek!" she smile and went to me. 

"Why? Do you need something?" she asked me with her angel like voice. 

I can't help but to tremble a little. I look back to my friends and they give me a nod. I gulp this is it, no turning back. I look at her and took her hands bringing her in the middle of the field.

"W-what are we doing here?" Instead of answering I gave a her a small smile before making a 'ok' sign. And a music played, I started singing.

I prayed for this moment with eyes closed

I will embrace you, my lover's heart, slowly

Today is the only chance, I'll take the first step.

I promise you, I'll be good to you

As I sing, I look at her directly in the eyes. She look shock at first but started to smile. Still holding her hand I put it on my cheeks and gave her a wink. She laugh a bit and with that I gain more confidence. People around us (mostly girls) started squealing that made her blush and look down but I made her look at me with using my two fingers.

I've been waiting for this day for so long

Today is the only chance, I'll take the first step

I know it won't be easy

We've grown distant as much as we've been apart 

That strange face makes me sad

Why are my eyes so blinded? 

Why is my heart beating so crazily? 

I'm running out of breath but it's so precious, don't forget.

In the beginning, your dream, your words, that gentle summer

Was brighter than the south side of heaven

Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby.

She started tearing up while looking at me. Don't cry. I wan't to say but just wiped her tears. I remember when we're still in middle school when someone will bully her I am her superman. I am the one who will wipe those tears of hers. The one will comfort her when she's in a bad mood. I promise to still continue to be her superman forever.

I've fallen for you deep within my heart 

Only you are my everything, my heaven

Baby baby baby, baby baby baby

Promise me that you'll only look at me too

Only love me.

As I sing the last line, Yeol came to us and handed the bouquet of flowers. I muttered a 'thanks' and he patted my back whispering 'good luck'. I kneel down and look up to see Soojung cupping with her hands while sobbing.

"B-baek" her voice cracked.

I my lips. Here it goes.

"Soojung, Song Soojung. My best friend. My everything. My life. My heaven. I've been in love with you ever since and still is. I know that I'm foolish and not used to this but I'll try my very best to be a good boyfriend to you. I'll do everything you want, just tell me. I'll cherish you forever." 

She sobbed. 

"Don't cry, Soojung-ah." she shook her head.

"Soojung-ah, can you be my baby?"

She nodded "Yes, yes! Byun Baekhyun, YES!" she shouted. I stood up and hand her the flowers and hug her. The crowd around us cheered and I can hear Yeol shouting 'YOU MADE IT MAN!' and Kyung saying 'I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!'. 

I broke the hug and cup her face caressing her cheeks.

"I love you." 

"I love you too." and we shared a lovely kiss.

I proudly anounce that Song Soojung is now my Baby.