Chapter 34: Fall of Sisterhood

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello guys after two years I think I'm back. Life gets hard sometimes you know. :D

I hope you enjoy this update. This chapter is for lonergirl and passionatelover.

 

Chapter 34

Fall of sisterhood

            War seemed inevitable. As the tides of time began to move so are the fates of the people in Archaneaux.

Valkyrie, Heiyan Bay

            Hushed voices echoed through the halls of the Valtareauan warship as tensions rose within the grand parlor of the battleship where the queens of Celaria were now gathered. They were in a heated argument over the events that has occurred within the bay.

            “You are INSANE!” Queen Wansun shouted in rage at Queen Jiyoung. “You have completely lost your mind! Taking a man as your daughter’s drone! Much less a blood drone at that! This is treachery!”

            “Crazy at it may sound it has a lot of benefits.” Queen Jiyoung indifferent answered.

            “And you approved of this?!” Queen Wansun directed towards High Queen Boa.

            “It’s no surprise since she too has betrayed this covenant.” Queen Bingbing said in distaste and deep grudge.

            Shouts erupted as the women began hurling their arguments at each other until it reached the point where Queen Wansun has taken out her sword and directed it at Queen Jiyoung.

            “Fine have it that way then I wanted to resolve this quietly but if its war you want it’s war you’ll get!” Queen Jiyoung thundered as she too unsheathed her sword.

            “Enough shedding blood will only aggravate this situation!” Queen Taehee said causing the two queens to put their weapons away.

            “Resolve this peacefully? And you think I would allow you to talk with me peacefully after you have outwardly disrespected me?!!!” Queen Wansun said with each word laced with hate.

            “Oh so what do you call making this whole marriage arrangement 10 years ago without my consent?!!! You and the previous High Queen decided it was nice to make my Sunny your daughter’s fiancé without my approval.” Queen Jiyoung said with the same intensity.

            “It was beneficial for both of us!!” Queen Wansun thundered.

            “Well this union is more beneficial for my regnum! And I have every right to decide my daughter’s marital affairs!”

            “You will pay in blood!” Queen Wansun shouted.

            “Oh really? May I remind you that you still have debt to pay from my treasury?” Queen Jiyoung replied causing Queen Wansun to shut up momentarily.

            “Let’s just settle this in a more civilized form, war would only aggravate this situation making us look barbaric when the men have already settled theirs.” Queen Taehee stated as she sat down comfortably the two fuming queens also followed.

            “Fine we will pay the monetary fine for the cancellation of this agreement. I repeat monetary, there is no way I am giving you my territory.” Queen Jiyoung said.

            “Talk when your heads have cooled down.” Queen Taehee said. “Now let’s move to the bigger issue.” She said as she stared at the queens of Valtareau, Clairevane and Beltraine who were in obvious bad terms.

            “Lay a hand on my daughter’s head and I will not hesitate to destroy you.” Queen Yukie angrily told Queen Bingbing.

            “I want justice for my daughter!” Queen Bingbing replied in fury.

            “We are willing to pay in terms of resources but not with my daughter’s life!” High Queen Boa stated.

            “Just like what you did before.” Queen Bingbing sarcastically replied. The fires in the room suddenly fumed in the High Queen’s anger but no one bulged.

            The doors of the parlor opened and crown princess Yuri stepped in calmly.

            “That is no longer necessary your majesties because my engagement with Jessica has been canceled prior to the events of the war between Clairevane and Erraius.” Crown princess Yuri stated earning gasps from the other queens.

            “Yuri!” Queen Bingbing said in rebuke.

            “Well it’s settled then.” Queen Taehee concluded.

            “No it’s not the whole agreement was placed in writing it’s not something you can just easily dismiss!” Queen Bingbing shouted.

            “If its war you want its war you’ll get!” Queen Yukie shouted back.

            “Mother stop this!” Crown princess Yuri reasoned with Queen Bingbing but she would not listen.

            Queen Taehee approached the frustrated crown princess Yuri and said.

            “Yuri thank you for informing us of this matter now let us decide this as monarchs.”

            With those words the crown princess of Beltraine was escorted out of the room.

            “Instead of aiming at each other’s throat let’s solve this in a civilized manner.” Queen Taehee said.

            “How you propose we do that?” Queen Michelle asked.

            “By voting.” Queen Taehee said calmly.

            Silence engulfed the room.

            “Fine.” Queen Wansun agreed.

            “Who are not in favor of allowing the dissolution of the treaties of engagement between Clairevane and Beltraine as well as Salmaria and Arachnides?”

            “I.” The queens of Beltraine, Arachnides, Oberis and shockingly Spruxia answered. Queen Yukie looked at Queen Minyoung with disbelief while the younger queen merely shrugged her shoulders and replied.

            “You chose to side with men knowing all too well how much I detest them.”

            An eerie silence enveloped the room as Queen Yukie looked murderously at Queen Minyoung before replying. “Ingrate.”

            “Who are in favor?” Queen Taehee asked again breaking the atmosphere and proceeded with the voting.

            “I.” High Queen Boa, Queen Yukie, Queen Jiyoung and Queen Taehee answered. Everyone already expected the queen of Winaris’s reply she was after all cousins with Queen Boa.

            All eyes were now on Queen Yifei who all throughout the meeting was quiet.

            “Yifei.” Queen Bingbing said in anticipation, she was after all close to the younger monarch. They expect her to say that she sides with the anti-men group or maybe not cast a vote. Queen Yifei calmly answered “I.” earning gasps from the anti-men group.

            “What?!” Queen Wansun, Queen Bingbing and Queen Minyoung said in shock.

            “How could you?!” Queen Bingbing said.

            “I prefer to not act innocent in this matter, men are not all that bad after all. You of all people should know that considering that Yuri’s phama is a man and that Yuri has said so herself that she has ended their engagement. As far as I remember the only reason why Jessica was engaged to Yuri at all was because of their feelings for each other. Forcing two people who are not obviously in love with each other is something I will fight against.”

            “Well... that’s a done argument then, majority has voted to spare the accused against the penalty of blood.” Queen Taehee stated but the environment in the room felt absolutely hostile.

            “This is not the end of this!” Queen Bingbing said as she abruptly stood up and walked out of the parlor followed by Queen Wansun, Queen Michelle and lastly Queen Minyoung who was warned by High Queen Boa before her exit.

            “Minyoung because of your actions I have every right to end our agreement after all you betrayed us first.”

            “Fine end it then! I wish to do nothing with the likes of women like you!”

 

            After the other queens had left Queen Taehee sat down in exhaustion.

            “That went horribly wrong.”

            “I beg to disagree that would have gone catastrophically wrong and caused war to erupt.” Queen Yifei answered.

            “Thank you.” Queen Yukie told Queen Yifei.

            “My daughter risked her life defending those two I would not let my daughter’s actions go in vain if my Yoongie supports then I will too.”

 

Suzaku, Heiyan Bay

            The intercom was open between the members of Paleo, Aone had open communication lines while the kings who were already within the bay merely sat down in the admiral’s bridge of the Rysian warship Suzaku. All of the kings inside the ship had bandages all over their bodies. King Masuda was seated at the center while the other kings sat to his left, his consort and generals to his right. King Kazuya sat proudly beside the King of Rysian despite his innumerable bandaged wounds. The High King was eyeing the Errusian King angrily.

            “Do have any idea as to what you have done? Or will you continue to be quiet in your corner.” The High King hissed at the King Kazuya who merely shrugged his shoulders before indifferently responding.

            “As far as me and my nation is concerned we have done nothing wrong other than protect the interest of our regnum.”

            “Interest?! When did a woman become an interest of your nation?!!” The High King fumed.

            “That woman is the next consort of Erraius she is very much the concern of my regnum. Don’t you boss me around especially in the affairs of my nation!” King Kazuya replied with a hint of annoyance earning gasps from those watching from Aone’s end as well as a few stifled laughs from those within the Rysian premises.

            “You dare show me disrespect?!” The High King bellowed.

            “Yes I dare to disrespect you because I quit this circle! You can keep your Paleo.” King Kazuya replied.

            “What?!” King Jin asked in surprise.

            “You’re joking right?” King Ninomiya asked in shock as well.

            “Why are you leaving we don’t hate you, well we don’t but the High king does.” King Nakamaru stated.

            “Isn’t that a little harsh? Shouldn’t you consult us first before making that decision?” King Masuda asked.

            “If that is what you want so be it!” the High King stated while King Kazuya merely snickered.

            “Hey hold up not so fast! You may be the High King but you don’t make up the whole Paleo!” King Jin barked at the High King.

            “Said the member who only showed up now.” The High King replied with insult.

            “He may have not been present physically but he sent aid and supply every time we needed it not to mention the trade routes that Enri has made with the whole Paleo, so his absence is justified.” King Masuda replied to the High King’s insult.

            “Yeah unlike a certain regnum who let us rot.” King Nakamaru added with anger.

            “He was fighting for a woman!” The High King pointed at King Kazuya.

            “So is that enough reason to forget our brotherhood and let our heirs die?!!” King Ninomiya finally cracked.

            “Don’t give us that reason! Even the Triad who is obviously on bad terms with us helped!!” King Nakamaru added.

            “SO WHAT ARE YOU ALL TRYING TO GET AT?!! The High King thundered.

            “It’s pretty simple actually kick Kazuya out and we all leave, we are better off creating another alliance on our own.” King Masuda stated causing the Aonians noble and alike to gape in shock.

           

            “Did we really boss Hideto around?” King Nakamaru asked in amazement after the High King forcefully agreed to their terms including the dissolution of the Circle which was replaced by the Brotherhood of Tartharac which had new provisions including allowing a regnum with a queen to be a member of the brotherhood.

            “I can’t believe we got what we wanted.” King Ninomiya seconded while staring at the now blank screen where the High King’s face was just minutes ago.

            “If we are united there is nothing Aone could do to stop us.” King Masuda said as he sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter