The Big Move

A Werewolf Boy

Molded from years of misuse and vacancy, the shed stood in the center of the country side acre. Sunlight pierced through the small building, but never revealed the boy who lived within. Human voices slipped through the shear cracks, vibrating the boy's tympanic membrane. At once, his ears stood up. It had been awhile since he had heard the human language. His long slender fingers slid through the cracks, curious of the voices.

Pure silky white skin, long brown wavy hair with a body as frail as a swan, the boy's lips parted. His strong gaze followed the stranger's every movement. A strange lump of saliva gathered in his throat, making it hard to breathe. 

"Kyungsoo! You shouldn't be carrying those boxes!" The stranger's head turned to face his mother; with that single action, the boy flinched away from the opening, afraid that he would see him. 

"I'm healthy enough mother. I'm not disabled." With that he turned away and headed towards the door, but with a strange feeling developing in his gut; his eyes wandered over to the shed. With a single blink, his eyes reverted back to focus on where he was going. Maybe it's just my imagination...

-

As the day progressed and turned dark blue, it was time for supper. A family of four sat face to face, while three extra guests sat near the end of the table. Kyungsoo's mother had a personality which can be described using the three G's: geniune, generous and gentle. She was a woman with saint-like qualities. While his mother was the way she was, Kyungsoo was quite the opposite. As the three guests shoved Korean beef in their mouths, spitting on the food that everyone had shared, Kyungsoo's upper lip twitched in disgust. Losing every ounce of his appetite, he set down his metal utensil.

"Thank you for inviting us over again Suho." The old woman in her sixties waved around her chopsticks with joy. "This Korean beef is the real deal!" Kyungsoo's mother laughed with a whole heart.

"No no, thank you for helping me with the moving. This is the least I can do for you three." Reaching out for fried seaweed, she gestured it to the old man and women. "Here here, have some more." One by one, each plate became empty. A sudden gasp from one of the women echoed in the room.

"Ah! That's right, I forgot to mention something you need to know about this area." Kyungsoo's eyes lifted towards the guests, surprised at the sudden rememberance. "This place was once owned by a scientist who experimented with human-animal hybrids... or something of that sort. They say he found a kid in the woods and injected it with an animal's dna." The family turned to each other and crossed eyes. The old man interrupted the eye contacts.

"The police found the scientists body in his shed, lying on his back, facing towards the back door. Some say that his experiment him and that he was fated to die like that. In the end the police never found what killed him, so it was ruled as a natural cause." Kyungsoo let a small sigh out as he slid himself from the table, away from the guests.

"Excuse me." He walked into the bathroom, the faucet from the sink and splattered water onto his face. Looking into the mirror, he knew living here would drive him crazy. His head shook with stress. Why couldn't I just stay in Seoul.

 


Deleted my previous chapters because they weren't necessary LOL