The battle [part 2]

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sehun woke up of a jolt, panting harshly. He had been aware of the situation around him, but he couldn’t move in any way, feeling trapped inside his own body. It was terrifying and suffocating and when he finally was released from that horrifying curse he couldn’t even speak.

He tried to get up, moving his body the most he could and enjoying how he was able to move every joint, even if it hurt an awful lot to do so.

Luhan had been sleeping by his side and he knelt beside the man, kissing him quickly on the lips to wake him up. Luhan jolted as well and palpated the man by his side. He sniffed the air and he realized he was able to feel scents again.

-Sehun?! – He gasped, recognizing his mate’s smell. – Sehun, is that you?

-It’s me. – The man smiled when he realized he was able to speak as well. – What is this around your eyes?

He pulled his blindfold down and Luhan took his hands to his eyes.

-No… - He muttered, but then he frowned when he sensed light in his eyes. He sensed the sun rays, not only darkness as before.

He slowly opened his eyes and the light hurt them, so he blinked until he got used to it. Sehun waited by his side, caressing his arms tenderly.

-I can see again. – Luhan whispered, incredulous. – It’s… It’s unbelievable!

He kissed Sehun intensely and the man helped the other get to his feet.

They got outside the den to find Kyungsoo speaking to Lay. Apparently the man wasn’t sick anymore and they approached, greeting the others. Baekhyun approached and asked them if they were in pain or needed anything.

-We are fine now, we need to find Jonghun.

-Everyone went north, to the Dark Wolves land… - The wolf told them.

-Where is that? - Sehun asked.

-Over the East Wolves land. – Luhan answered his mate. – Come, let’s get ready and go. They might be in need of help.

-So let’s go, all of us. – Lay said. – Come, help me get medicine to take to the fighters.

-Wait, someone has to stay here to take care of the camp. – Sehun noticed, but Baekhyun shook his head.

-No, you didn’t understand, every of the strongest wolves went to battle. There’s no one to steal from our land.

Sehun was shocked by the information, but then he was quick to go and help the others prepare. They took the most they could of potions, pastes and ointments so Lay could take care of injured wolves there and then they departed, leaving the brown wolves land deserted.

 

><><><><>< 

 

Jongup and Zelo went all the way down to the Brown Wolves’ land, but they weren’t able to find their village, so they climbed their way up again to the East Wolves’ land. They were tired and they could tell little Whiny was too, because the pup would squirm and whine a lot, as asking them to just stop and allow him to rest beside a rock or something.

When they reached the East land, a man hurried to take them in, telling them it was too dangerous to stay outside. The man offered them meat and gave Whiny a cup of milk and then asked what they were doing .

-A wolf told us to come here, that our parents would probably be here because the Dark Wolves would invade our land. – Jongup explained.

-What land are you from?

-The north.

-The leader of the north was here before. – The man said thoughtfully. – He must be in the battle field with our leader.

Zelo gasped.

-Then we have to go back and find him. – He told Jongup, but the man didn’t allow him to get up.

-We have people watching the battle and caring for the hurt wolves. When they come and tell me the war is over, I’ll let you boys go look for your parents.

-But we are strong, we can help, we… - Zelo tried, but the wolf stopped him.

He wouldn’t allow any pups to get hurt.

 

><><><><>< 

 

 

When Kyuhyun broke the cage Siwon made to keep him locked, he knocked Eunhyuk and Donghae down and he ran outside to find his mate and the traitor wolf. He found Siwon quickly and he did to him the same he did to the others, then found the amulet and dragged Siwon to the feet of the mountain.

Sungmin saw him when the man was talking to Heechul and Shindong, asking the wolves for help to take Siwon to the leader. Sungmin shook his head in horror when he saw Kyuhyun had the amulet. If Leeteuk used the amulet in a wrong way again, they would be doomed.

The wolf ran around the forest, trying to find any of the wolves Siwon mentioned as his “informants” and he did find a man that told him the amulets were with the leader of the brown wolves.

Sungmin found Suho by the side of the forest when the man was helping a couple of cubs run away. He wasn’t sure that was the leader of the brown wolves until he saw the medallion hanging from his neck, almost complete. There were the blue, the green and the red parts, joined by the main cross.

Sungmin went to Suho and asked him for the necklace.

-I have the last part, but it’s not here, I need to take this with me. – He said and Suho shook his head.

-Sorry, but I can only give this to Siwon.

-I am Siwon. – He lied. – I’m a red wolf, see?

The man turned into a wolf, allowing Suho to check his reddened brown fur.

-Well, I… - Suho looked around, searching for Kai or anyone who could confirm it. Since he was distracted, however, Sungmin snatched the amulet away from his hands and ran the fastest he could out of the forest and up the mountain.

When he got to Leeteuk’s den, however, he only saw a wolf treating an injury on his leg, tying a cloth tightly around his thigh.

-Kangin… - Sungmin muttered, panting in fear.

-Don’t fear. – The man told him sadly. – I’m on your side. Siwon was right all along.

-There’s only one amulet missing. – Sungmin told him. – It’s Leeteuk’s… Are you alright?

-Leeteuk stabbed me…

-Oh my God...! – Sungmin gasped, approaching and checking if the curatives were rightly done.

-Kyuhyun is his right hand now. – The man told Sungmin. – Can you distract your mate so I can get Leeteuk’s amulet?

-Let’s do it. – Sungmin told him and helped Kangin walk to the big cave where they were keeping Siwon locked.

-Kyuhyun is here, are you ready?

Sungmin nodded and he entered the den. It wasn’t just Kyuhyun who was there though, but also Leeteuk and two others, so Sungmin yelped and called for Kangin.

The man staggered inside and held Leeteuk before the man could hurt Sungmin. Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin roughly and the man grabbed the necklace in his neck.

-Kangin, here. – Sungmin threw the necklace to the other side of the cave.

Kangin grabbed it, then pulled on the red amulet Leeteuk had hanging from his neck. He was about to push that last part in place when Leeteuk grabbed his arms.

-Don’t. you. dare. – Leeteuk’s voice was deep and his eyes shone evilly.

Kangin forced his arms together and when he finally managed to fit the piece into its place the amulet, now complete, started to shine intensely. Kangin still held Leeteuk tightly when another earthquake hit the ground, way more powerful than the last ones.

Leeteuk felt suddenly too weak and the man fell into Kangin’s arms.

Kangin thought he had died and he panted heavily. The amulets couldn’t have killed Leeteuk, could they?

He shook the body in his arms, begging him to wake, to not be harmed, and finally Leeteuk’s eyes sprang open. He looked around, startled and found himself in the arms of his “right hand”.

-Kangin…? – He called weakly.

-Leeteuk. – Kangin realized the man’s eyes were back to their original color and he pulled Leeteuk closer to his chest.

-Did the spell work?

-The amulets’ spell?

-Amulets? – The leader seemed confused. – No, the blood ritual, to call the spirits.

Kangin frowned.

-Yes, it worked… - He said hesitantly. - It worked a long time ago…

-What are you talking about?

-You don’t remember anything? – The man asked heatedly. – The pact with the wolves, the kidnapping of the cubs, the preparation, the war…?

-Kidnapping…? Who’s kidnapping cubs? Did they take our pack’s cubs?

-Oh my God… - Kangin’s face was livid with realization. – It wasn’t you… All this time, it wasn’t you leading us.

He said and then laughed in pure joy. It wasn’t Leeteuk who did all those bad things, it was the spirit that entered his body i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter