The Trade

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho had never been sick during his whole life. He got a little cold once or twice, but never something like this. He had been lying on his bed, a comfy huddle of woolen covers Kyungsoo made for him, for three days now. During this time Suho had endured fevers and deep stomach pains, and he could barely get up to shower or eat anything.

-Suho? – Sehun called from the door of his den. The man motioned him to enter and the youngest of the wolves approached, glancing carefully at the sick man on the bed.

Suho had dark circles under his eyes and looked like he had been beaten up harshly. Sehun never saw anyone that looked that sick in his whole life.

The young was holding a gourd and Suho glanced at it questionably.

-Kyungsoo asked me to bring you clean water. – Sehun told the man, who shook his head.

-I’m not thirsty. – He murmured, but Sehun came even closer.

-You must drink, it’ll help you getting stronger and fighting… this. – He said, meaning the disease that possessed his leader. – Whatever this is…

-It’s not…

-Please Suho hyung. – He supplicated, holding up the gourd.

A cold feeling ran through Suho’s spine and his body involuntarily shivered. He moaned painfully, shifting uncomfortably in the bed.

-Leader, are you alright?

Suho sighed heavily before he smiled warmly at the young and nodded.

-Leave it by the bed side, I’ll take it later. – Sehun raised an eyebrow at him, so he added. - I promise.

-Alright. – The young did as the man told him, leaving the bottle and bowing lightly to him before going out.

As soon as he stepped outside the den, Sehun ran to his hyungs’ cave nearby and called for them by the door.

-Come in. – Kai called, and he entered the place.

Apart from the weak sunlight that came through the cave’s opening, the place was still illuminated by an oil lamp, so it wasn’t as dark as it was in Suho’s cave. The den was composed of a couple of wooden cabinets, a table, and a bed made out of old, yet soft, clothes. Kai was sitting on the bed and he smiled and nodded to the younger when he approached.

Kyungsoo was the one that usually sewed and knitted clothes to the men of the pack and there was a pile of fabric by the side, full of ripped clothes that needed fixing. The man was working on a piece that resembled a serape but, when Sehun approached, he stopped and raised his eyes to the young.

-What’s wrong? – He asked softly.

-He seems to be getting worse. – Sehun said nervously. – Shouldn’t we do something?

-It’s ok, Sehunnie. – Kai soothed him. - We’ll take care of him, you can go rest.

-But… I mean… - The young hesitated. - He’ll get better, won’t he?

Kyungsoo exchanged a glance with Kai, who gave him a quick nod. He stood up and went to Sehun, petting him on the head.

-Of course he’ll get better, pretty soon. – He said, smiling to the young. – Just go to your den and rest a bit, ok?

Sehun nodded and, as soon as he went away, Kyungsoo was already by Kai’s side on the bed.

-Remember what we were discussing about yesterday? – He asked, and Kai was already shaking his head.

-No, Kyungsoo, I won’t.

Kyungsoo touched Kai’s cheeks, caressing him lightly.

-Suho is dying Kai, you saw him, you know it’s true. – He said, trying to convince the man. - We have to do something, we can’t just sit here and let him die… right?

Kai leaned into Kyungsoo’s caresses. It was hard to say no to his mate.

-Please...? – The man asked and Kai snorted but agreed. He got up and took his clothes off, turning into a black wolf.

Kyungsoo picked a small bag on the wooden table and put a change of clothes and a little bottle of water for the trip inside. He approached his mate and arranged the strap around his neck.

-I’ll be waiting for you. – The man told him, caressing his black fur and then hugging his neck tightly. – Be careful.

Kai Kyungsoo’s face and the man chuckled as the wolf ran out of the den and into the woods.

He then sat back beside the pile of clothes, but his heart was still feeling heavy. He just hopped his plan would work out somehow.

 

><><><><><>< 

 

Two days passed since the last time Sehun questioned his hyungs about Suho’s health, but the man didn’t seem to be getting better in any way. On the contrary, he now had a fever that prevented him from doing anything else than and groaning while shifting uncomfortably on the bed. The younger stayed by his side most of the time, wetting cloths to place over the leader’s burning hot forehead, and trying to feed him whenever he was awake.

In the middle of a particularly sunny day Sehun was sitting on the floor by the bed, trying to arrange the covers over Suho, but the man kicked them out again. It was like this, in a moment he was too hot, on another he was too cold.

Sehun heard someone entering the den, and he turned his head to see Kai approaching.

-How is he? – The brunette asked, and Sehun shook his head.

-The same, I guess. – He murmured and Kai nodded, placing a hand on the young’s shoulder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter