The Show

Hey Teen

The five idols each stepped out of their cars. They all glanced at each other and wondered why all of them were meeting here. What do they have in common with me?  That’s what they all were thinking. The five idols didn’t belong to the same group. You had SHINee’s leader with his own condition, Onew. Then there was Infinite’s lovable choding, Sungyeol. Teen Top’s dancing boy ChangJo was here as well. Beast’s member with the remarkable voice, Yoseob, was present and last was a new rookie who debut not too long ago. He was MinWoo from the new group Boyfriend.

All of them walked into the building and went into the elevator and up to the tenth floor of the building. They went inside a room and were shocked to see a camera crew set up and to see a table full of people that were waiting for them.

“What’s going on here?” MinWoo asked.

He was shocked to see the cameras and all the people here that looked both official and intimidating.

“Is this a show?” Sungyeol asked.

On the chance it was, he started to fix his hair. Everyone else copied him besides Onew. He waved to the camera and introduced himself.

“Don’t be afraid to take a seat.” The producer, a man with a deep voice that scared MinWoo said.

They took their seats with caution and a woman started to speak.

“Good afternoon boys. I know you probably have a lot of questions and we will be answering them all. First off, welcome to your new show.”

New show? They all thought.

“Will there be noonas on this show?” MinWoo asked.

“Please, refrain from asking question until we further explain the show.”

MinWoo nodded and kept quiet while the show was explained by a new person.

“This show is Hey Teen. It’s a mixture of Hello Baby along with You’re My Oppa. One twist is that it’s a girl the same age as Changjo and MinWoo.”

They were still confused as to why they were here on the show.

“Don’t those shows usually have one group? Not a mixture of different groups.” Yoseob asked.

The woman smiled as she spoke.

“Another one of the twists on our show that makes it different. We pulled different people from different groups.”

Sungyeol and Onew were still confused.

“Why Onew hyung and I?” Sungyeol asked. “He’s been in Hello Baby and I did You’re My Oppa. So the two of us have already done this kind of thing.”

“Yeah, and aren't most of us kids? Or kid-like?” ChangJo asked. “Are we supposed to take care of the girl or does she take care of us?”

The woman shook her head.

“You take care of her. She doesn’t take care of you. And we know most of you might not be fit for this which makes it that much better. It will be entertaining.”

MinWoo hesitated but still asked,

“Why us? I mean, why our groups and why us from our groups?”

“In a sense, we almost formed a new group. We have a leader, a singer, a rapper, a dancer, and a king of variety.  The girl we have chosen, she is a Shawol, a B2UTY, an Inspirit, an Andromeda, and…”

When she got to MinWoo she trailed off. A new voice piped in and explained.

“You belong to the rookie group Boyfriend who just recently debuted. We are not exactly sure whether she is a fan or not. There is a chance that she… might not know who you are. We are sorry.”

MinWoo slid down his chair and pouted. He now didn’t feel he should be here. She wasn’t even his fan. He thought all these pessimistic things and believed he now didn’t belong to Hey Teen.

“If she isn’t my fan, then why am I here?” He asked.

“Exposure.” Onew answered. “I don’t mean to sound conceited, but my group is really big so with my fans, plus all the other fans from everyone else here, you are bound to have girls look you up and become your fan.”

MinWoo felt a bit better but the fact this girl wasn’t his fan, he felt as if he would be left in the dust. Would she care to remember my name? He wondered. What if she hears MinWoo and thinks it will be ZE:A’s MinWoo instead?

The boys left the conference with mixed feelings and mixed thoughts. Changjo wondered what it would be like to take care of a girl his own age. MinWoo wanted to know if she knew him or would be his fan. Onew was excited as ever along with Sungyeol. Yoseob had a feeling she would be a GiKwang fan… like everyone else.

All five of them got into the van and headed to the house to meet the girl.