Getting To Know You

Sequel: MyungsooXDasom

It’s warm summer day at campus and everyone is out and about with their social circles and best buddies planning their fun filled afternoons. Buzzing back and forth like busy honey bees eager to explore the town and go wild!

Meanwhile, I on the other hand stay secluded in the shade of the buildings keeping away from the sun like a vampire; A pale socially awkward vampire. Sigh

I don’t have any special friends on campus, aside from my Unnie and her friends, and neither am I willing to make friends with—

“Hah.. I finally found you..” I heard the familiar panting of a certain brown haired boy and turned to face him.

“What do you want?” I crossed my arms as he straightened up and caught his breath.

“As cold as always~ “ he smirked his cocky smirk and gave me a once over before grinning widely. Unfortunately I knew what that gesture meant. But no way am I going to be part of whatever whack idea he has now.

A few weeks in school and he’s already got himself a group of overly affectionate girls fawning over him and a solid clique with some guys in the other classes. But even through all that he still manages to find time once in a while to poke fun at me.

If you consider mindless flirting and pointless tactics poking fun.

He was clad in simple dark jeans, a blue-green plaid shirt, his dirty muddy white converse and small Polaroid camera dangling from his neck. Yet he looks so… decent? Okay? Socially acceptable?

“Aren’t I always cold?” I smirk back refusing to let our regular banter fade out.

“I know, that’s what always so fun about you..” I rolled my eyes unintentionally and began to walk away until I heard a loud ‘snap!’ of a camera.

Experimentally I turned my head back at the boy only to find the device pointing directly at me and snapping another photo.

“Yah!” I shout out loud enough for the nearby students to hear (but all of them have learned to ignore it whenever a situation like this occurs), and stomped towards the sniggering boy.

“You have a wonderful behind, Miss Kim”  I immediately detected amusement in his tone and retorted back.

“Why would you take a picture of it you ert?!” I lunged forward trying my best to grab the small piece of paper that held the image of my back.

“Well here’s your choices, Miss Kim..” I looked at him wearily and sighed “One, do something publically humiliating in front of the entire school and I rip this little picture up or Two, I give you back this picture –I unknowingly held my breath— if you agree to be civil with me for this afternoon?”

I blinked at the choices given, weighing down in my mind which one would give me more of an advantage than a loss.

“Can I at least ask what kind of publically humiliating something do I have to do if I choose number one?” I eyed him carefully, watching the thin pink lips curve slightly before releasing a somewhat calming sound; his laughter.

“Let’s just say, people in this town won’t be able to look at you the same way again..”

“What?! I thought it was only in front of the school?!” I argued back.

“It’s going to be that big that people outside school will be talking about it as well… So what do you say?”

I can’t have my chic cold image shattered by something so little as public humiliation! I have a reputation to put up! Not actually but since my sister and her friends (except Bora unnie) were here they were always considered the chic cool girls because of their cold images. Yet they are still undeniably popular.

“… Just this afternoon?” I quirked an eyebrow.

“Just this afternoon.” He smiled genuinely before grinning after thinking of something else “We can also spend the evening if you like? That part is honestly up to you~”

“Ughh!” I stomped on his left foot, annoyed, before walking off to the ladies restroom to calm myself down.

“Yah! Meet me –aissh— at the gates at 3!” I could hear his faint shout and some of his hisses of pain before I disappeared into the ladies restroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A little passed 3, I walked my silent way towards the front gates preparing myself to face this ‘civil afternoon’ with the mischievous Kim Myungsoo.

I saw a familiar back face me as I neared the gates. He was there humming a song I didn’t quite catch, while rolling back and forth on his heels.

I grinned as a rare opportunity to prank him popped up (literally) in front of me. Tip-toeing a couple more strides and getting closer to his oblivious body I pushed his broad back hard causing him to yelp quietly and take a few large steps to regain his balance.

“Yah! W-What was that for?” he demanded clutching his chest in a probably exaggerated manner.

“What? It was perfect timing~” I cooed to soothed his surprised conscience by scratching the bottom of his chin briefly. Like you would do to a puppy!

“Aissh…” he slapped my hand away and walked a different direction without waiting for me.

“Hey! ert! Where are you going? Aren’t we suppose to be civil?” I shouted out, a bit comforted that most of the students already left.

“Yah!!” I called out again until I was successful in making him turn back.

What is with this guy, first he blackmails me into this afternoon then he just walks off. What’s up with that?

“Unless you want me to keep your picture, then follow me..” he smirked again before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking off.

I blinked in recognition and ran as fast as two long pale stick like legs can run.

I caught up with him…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.. eventually.

He was smiling softly and the scenery below, I slowly made my way next to him and too, observed the view.

I was the hillside view of a cute little park below, with a big playground filled with small little toddlers and swings and benches occupied by couples of all ages. I smiled warmly at the family of four at the playground playing around in the leaves having the time of their lives.

I heard the faint snaps of the camera beside me, but at that moment I couldn’t care any less.

I watched a young couple swing their interlocked hands, both donning love sick smiles in their youthful faces. I also saw an old couple sitting relaxed on the grass having their little picnic enjoying themselves.

I continued to watch the happy scenes before me until the guy next to me jarred me back to reality.

“Smile, Miss Kim..” I didn’t bother protesting and smiled softly before hearing the click that indicated the photo being taken.

He held the photo, blowing on it slightly to reveal the print then handing it to me. I took the photo gratefully then asking for his camera as well.

“Why?” he handed me the camera nevertheless but looked as clueless as ever.

“Smile, Mister Kim..” I saw him chuckle and grin before I snapped a quick photo of him as well.

“You’re good..” he half laughed.

“I have to keep up… Well, aren’t we going to go down there?” I asked pointing at the park below. I’m already quite envious of all the happy happenings going down there.

“Then let’s go” he announced and grabbed my hand before proceeding to running downhill towards the park, dragging me like a doll behind him.

 -------------------------------------------

“I feel stupid.”

“Aren’t you though?” I hear traces of a smirk in his voice, seeing as I can’t see half his face because of the camera

“Yahhh! Don’t provoke me remember you’re the one who asked me to do this” I whined from the swing. The guy asks me immediately once we got to the park if I could do a couple of actions so he could practice his shots.

No, I didn’t agree right away, but knowing him he had blackmail to cover him up. So I reluctantly had to do it.

“Just take the pictures! I feel like all the kids are looking at me weirdly..” I look down at the sand and at my shoes kicking some dust up and swinging myself slightly as Myungsoo snapped away.

After what felt like an hour I feel his tall shadow over me. I look up to see his smiling face holding a vanilla cone in his hand and offering it to me.

“Relax. They were probably just looking because you looked stunning as ever~” he delivered a wink towards me before sitting on the swing next to mine and eating his ice cream cone.

Sigh.

“Why are you always doing that?” I my ice cream slowly, looking at him for the answer.

“Doing what?”

“That thing. You’re always teasing me. You’re always flirting with me. Why are you doing that?” I ask, momentarily ignoring my cone and focusing on him solely.

The park was quiet now, some families went home because it was getting dark, a few couples still lingered around but was thankfully far from earshot.

“Y-You don’t get why I do that?” he paused from eating and looked at me bewildered. What is it a crime not to know?

“How should I know what goes on in that whack head of yours!?” I scrunched my eyebrows and stood up clearly aggravated.

“How can you be that dense? I mean couldn’t it be more obvious?” he stood up as well, but his tone still clearly puzzled and surprised.

“What are you talking about?!” My unnie never told me what to do if a boy goes berserk because of something I apparently don’t understand. Now what do I do?

“Yah, Kim Dasom, all this time and you haven’t noticed?!” he half screamed and half scolded me, eyes still wide and body inching closer to mine.

“Bwoyaaa?!” I whine in frustration. The tension between us was thick. So think, even Hyorin unnie’s super sharp nails couldn’t poke through it.

We stood there silent; both staring at each other trying to read each other’s expressions , ice cream melting and dripping on our hands.

He soft laughter soon echoed around the atmosphere. I stood there speechless as he chuckles and sent charming eye smiles towards my direction.

“Yah, Kim Dasom. I like you. Get it now?” he grinned his infamous grin, before proceeding to off the melted ice cream from his cone, not breaking eye contact.

I blink once. Twice. Thrice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next thing I knew both of us were semi covered in melted vanilla ice cream, our sticky fingers interlocked because of him and his soft thin lips pressing themselves on my forehead, then curving into his genuine smile.

Pulling away he smirked and looked at me once more.

“I think you need to take a bath Miss Kim.” He teased.

I rolled my eyes and flicked his sticky forehead. “Speak for yourself Mister Kim.”

Whether arguing about pointless things, or walking hand in hand. I’m thankful, because I met you. Thank you.