The Start of My Model Career

The Deal That Changed Everything

Hi! I'm Lee Minji, the biggest nerd in SM High.. But secretly I'm a model. How did I become a model you ask? Well I can tell you that myself. I got a call about my portfolio for photography class and the photographer director saw my photos I used to build my portfolio, which was my selcas and a few sample pictures. The director asked if I would like to be a temporary model to see if I am interested on being a permanent model. I really liked being a model and not a nerd that everyone sees me as. I requested a fake name which the agency accepted and named me "Park Shin Yeong". The director had me consult with my parents about the job but my mother immideately disageed with my decision. Although she disagreed with me, I still went behind her back and accepted the offer. I know I'm a bad daughter for disobeying my mom, but this was something I really wanted to do and I just hope she accepts it soon.

After making up my mind and gathering up all the courage I've got, I finally left my room and head straight to the living room where mom was. Hearing the television on, mom was watching one of her favorite drama again. Walking up to the couch, I sat down next to her and looked over at her. She was in a good mood because of her drama and I knew this was the perfect time to talk to her about this.

Me: Umma I need to tell you something.

Mom: What is it?

Me: Uh, you see I haven't been completely honest with you.

Umma: What is it? Are you rebelling these days?

Me: No, I um.. You remember the modeling agency that asked me if I wanted to be a temporary model? Well I accepted the offer and I've been working with them for 6 months.

Mom: Is that it? I already know.

Me: You did? When? Why didn't you tell me?

Mom: I didn't tell you because I was waiting for you to come tell me about it.

Me: Well now that you know, what do you think? Honestly.

Mom: Honestly I don't want you to do it. Models these days just look skinny and pretty.

Me: Are you saying I'm not skinny nor pretty?

Mom: No, you are, but you know there are going to be a lot of judgemental people who will judge your work and saying you're selling your body for money and such. You know very well that we aren't rich or anything, but this is all I could do for the both of us. I don't want to see you hurt Minji. There are a lot of people out there who will know your true colors and what are you going to do then? Stand up and say that you're proud of the life you have or are you going to make up a lie because the company told you to? Do you know how hard it is to continue your studies and model at the same time? Some models even quit school and just focused on their modeling career because they couldn't balance both. Are you going to quit school and just focus on modeling?

Me: No, I can do it! I just need you to believe me and trust me. I can do this. I need you along this road with me mom. I can't do this alone.

Mom: I will always be by your side, but under one condition.

Me: What is it?

Mom: You have to get a boyfriend.

Me: Mom, I just barely started this modeling career. The company has a strict dating rule.

Mom: Which is?

Me: I can't date or be in a scandal for a year. I started this modeling for about 6 months now. I still have 6 more months until a year.

Mom: Okay, after the next 6 months you need to find a boyfriend.

Me: Why is it important to find a boyfriend? What is he going to do?

Mom: Well if you want this modeling career I need someone to help me around the house while you're not home.

Me: Well what if the guy I'm dating is also a model or idol or actor? What are you going to do then?

Mom: We'll just have to wait and see if you'll really date a model, idol or actor. Besides I heard there isn't much work for models now. The new trends these days is KPOP and idols.

Me: Since when do you know what the latest trends are?

Mom: Aigoo, my daughter. Only you don't know the latest trends. Go wash up for bed.

Me: Okay. *I know what the latest trends are!*

I walked back to my room and grabbed my towel. Walking to the bathroom, I washed up and headed back to my bedroom. Closing the door, I sat down in front of my desk and pulled out the books. If I'm going to make mom proud and show that I won't quit school, I could, no I can graduate with my class and head start my modeling career! Just watch mom, I can definiately do this! 


Hi guys! It's been a while huh? I'm sorry for being such a ghost. I don't know if we have readers who is still with us for this story, but I hope so! This is a super short chapter, but I've been doing a lot of editing lately and it still isn't perfect and some grammar still needs some fixing. Anyways, what has everyone been up to? I've been up to BTS lately. Yes I am an A.R.M.Y! I'm still waiting for the V App to upload BTS Anniversary Party!!! They said I had to wait 2 weeks!! 2 WEEKS!!!! I wish I wouldn't have to wait that long. Anyone who has the V App, do you guys like the whole V App coins thing? I myself kind of don't because we can't even watch our favorite idols special broadcast unless we pay to watch it... I only have 50 coins left since I spent 100 coins for BTS Anniversary Party Broadcast hehe .. What can I say? I love BTS! :) -shmur_itskurry