Confession

Some Day

It was around two weeks later. After Kevin had been silently watching and waiting, he felt like he didn’t have a chance.

Sitting on the floor beside his bed, legs stretched out, he had begun to think more carefully and seriously now. He looked out at the space infront of him. He was thinking there for the whole morning, he hadn’t come out of his room since last night.

The door was left ajar and Soohyun began to peer in after he walked past. He saw Kevin’s state and became confused at what he saw. Was Kevin still upset about his break up?

Soohyun suddenly opened the door and walked straight up to Kevin.

“Kevin, why are you like this?” Soohyun was firm.

“Eh?” Kevin slowly stood up after he saw Soohyun.

“Tell me hyung, what’s wrong?” Soohyun wanted to know. He didn’t like seeing Kevin like this.

“Nothing’s wrong hyung!” Kevin said looking Soohyun straight in the eyes.

“Are you still upset about your break up?” Soohyun asked after Kevin turned around.

“That’s not it.” Kevin still had his back to Soohyun.

“Then tell me, what’s wrong?” Soohyun was only concerned for Kevin.


Ever since you were with Soohyun, you had hardly talked to your friends. No, you didn’t get the chance to talk to them. They had no idea what was happening in your life and you didn’t know about their lives either. Seeing as you didn’t sit with them anymore, they thought you had left them for good.


In silence, Soohyun and Kevin both sat beside the bed for a few minutes. The sun shone in as they faced the window, staring aimlessly at the sky.

“Kevin, let me ask you, why did you break up with Mi Young?” Soohyun asked slowly.

Kevin took a moment before he found the courage to say something.

“Because..” Kevin was still unsure of what he was going to say.

“Why?” Soohyun was gentle with Kevin, trying not to pressure him.

“Because.. of a reason.” Kevin was still looking up through the window at the sky as his arm rested on his leg. He didn’t move.

“You.. you must have fallen for someone else.” Soohyun said the only thing that came across his mind.

“Yeah, you’re right..” Kevin said straight away with confidence.

“Who is it?” Soohyun wasn’t so sure if Kevin was going to say it just like that. 

“Is it someone I know?” Soohyun thought of the people Kevin could have possibly fallen for.

Kevin lowered his eyes to look straight ahead. “Yes...”

Soohyun was a little shocked because he didn’t know that many girls and the only one he really talked to was you.

“Is it someone I’m close to?” Soohyun asked. The only really one he was close to was you. He feared Kevin’s answer.

Kevin took a minute and mustered up. He knew his answer would break Soohyun, no matter how he said it. He turned his head to face Soohyun. “Yeah.”

Soohyun never expected something like this. “Is it.. Soo Jung?”

“Yes.” Kevin said and looked back towards the space in front of him.

Soohyun tried to stay strong but he couldn’t sit there any longer. “Ah time is flying, I have to go!” Soohyun said forcing a small fake laugh. He stood up and began to walk out of Kevin’s room.

“Soohyun, I know you’re upset. I expected that. I’m sorry Soohyun, I like Soo Jung.” Kevin said as he got up. Soohyun stopped in his tracks and listened to Kevin. Of course Soohyun was upset, you were his girl after all.

Soohyun turned around to face Kevin. “Even though you like her, don’t try to steal her away from me.” Soohyun walked out of the room and didn’t bother to close the door. Kevin stood there feeling better that he’d let it out. After all, he knew that you liked him.


Soohyun tried to distract himself from all of the thoughts that were still running through his mind. He decided to hop on the computer.


Later that Saturday, it was 3pm and you walked through the doors of the UKISS dorm, holding something special for Soohyun.

“Yah, why don’t you knock before you come in?” Eli said from the couch where he was watching TV.

“Sorry, you left the door open anyway.” You removed your shoes. “Is Soohyun home?”

“Yeah he’s upstairs, go ahead.” Eli was still glued to the TV.

You made your way upstairs to Soohyun’s door. You took a deep breath in and knocked on the door. When you didn’t hear a reply, you twisted the door knob carefully and opened the door wide. It was definitely not the sight you were expecting. Your face turned the same colour as Soohyun’s, bright red. The picture was on the computer screen, one of the ones you’d seen before. And then there was Soohyun with his hand wrapped around .

“Soo Jung  I wasn’t expecting you....” Soohyun stared at you as he grabbed his pants and pulled them up. Your eyes were shut tightly.

“I brought you something.” You still had your eyes shut and you held out a small basket with chocolates in them.

Soohyun made his way towards you after he put some hand sanitizer on. “You can open your eyes” Soohyun’s face was still red as he cleared his throat.

You opened one eye and saw Soohyun standing around a metre away from you. As you opened your other eye, Soohyun took the basket from your outstretched hand.

“Woah Soo Jung, this is so sweet! Thank you! Do you want to watch TV downstairs?” Soohyun said trying not to be awkward as he smiled at you.

“Ah yeah sure...!” You said smiling back at him.

“Just go downstairs and I’ll be there before you know it!” Soohyun turned back and closed the door behind him.

You made your way downstairs and sat with Eli.

“Where’s Soohyun?” Eli asked, still not looking away from the TV.

“He’s taking care of some.. business.. he’ll be here in a minute.” You said. Your face was still flushed red.

“Hmm? What kind of business? I’ve never heard of Soohyun doing business work..” Eli said curiously.

“Ah... men... business...” you said awkwardly.

“Oh..” Eli got the message.

Soohyun came down smiling and the both of you stared up at him.

“What?” Soohyun was still smiling as he took a seat next to you. Eli cleared his throat and turned his face back to the television.

Things got less awkward as time progressed but you weren’t too relaxed and neither was Soohyun.


The dreaded Monday at school ended but you decided to visit the library to use the internet.

After finishing your school work, an hour had passed. You reckoned it would probably get dark soon so you decided to set off.

Standing on the station platform, a familiar figure emerged. You guessed it, it was Kevin. You turned red and your heart changed its pace. Trying to act calm, you took another glance but it seemed like he was coming towards you. You pretended not to notice him and you pulled out your phone, quickly opening a messaging app and pretended to talk to someone. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see him coming closer. Your heart beat sped up as you tried to appear relaxed. He had finally made his way up to you.

“Soo Jung!!! Hello!” Kevin said smiling as he looked at you. Your heart melted once again.

“Ah Hi Kevin!” you nervously said.

“How are you?” Kevin stood next to you and looked out at the distance.

“I’m.. good, you?” you put your phone back in your pocket.

“Not too bad”, Kevin said. The train arrived and the two of you boarded. Surprisingly, Kevin followed you to a seat and sat next to you. The two of you began to talk about things, bonding together. You didn’t know though that Kevin’s heart was probably beating at the same time as yours. You didn’t know he was feeling the same way as you.

The train approached the first stop, the next stop was yours but you later found out it was also Kevin’s. You both continued talking until it was the time to get off the train.

“So how’s Soohyun?” Kevin suddenly asked as you both stepped off the train.

“Huh? Oh he’s good of course. How is he at the dorm?” You asked as you started to fiddle with the strap of your bag.

Kevin laughed a little. “He’s good I guess.”

As the two of you exited the station, it was time to go your separate ways. It shocked you how it seemed as if Kevin had forgotten about your confession.

Did he really forget though?

“Well bye Kevin! I’ll see you later!” you were about to walk away but Kevin called your name. You turned around to face him.

“Your confession, I thought about it, a lot.” Kevin finally said.

“Oh.. it’s okay, I just wanted to tell you that time.” You said smiling at him.

“Ever since you told me, I, for some reason had my eyes fixed on you. From that day, I.. I didn’t stop thinking about you, even though I tried...” Kevin sincerely said.

You were silent. You couldn’t even believe he just said that. You wanted to scream with joy. You were trying to contain yourself.

Relax, relax, seriously...

“I... think I like you.” Kevin said, leaving you silenced. The warm sunset was setting and you didn’t dare look at Kevin’s face or you knew would start smiling like a retard. You couldn’t comprehend with the situation. It was unbelievable. This was a part of all those scenarios that you had made up in your head. You were so excited.

Kevin suddenly put his hand on your face and you didn’t know what to expect now. You were probably going to pass out or start hyperventilating. This was way too much, too much and you wanted to cry.

He brought his lips towards your forehead you could feel his breath. You actually thought you were going to pass out. Then Kevin’s lips softly kissed your forehead as he closed his eyes. His lips were so soft and while they were there, you gently began to hold his hand. It was the most perfect moment ever. His lips moved away from you as you looked up at him. You showed the smallest smile.

“I gotta go, see you soon”, Kevin said showing a half smile half smirk.

As the handsome Kevin in his uniform was fading in the distance, you decided to go back home. Just before you did, your eyes noticed someone in the distance. It was someone who looked extremely familiar although you couldn’t quite see who it was clearly. He was staring at you but it didn’t look like who you thought it would be. You turned around and walked back home, smiling to yourself the whole way.

You couldn’t believe that had happened. You couldn’t believe he liked you.

This is probably a dream of course.

You pinched yourself and winced out in pain.

No, No, This is impossible.


 

 

Ok so chapter 7 is up! Hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Lol a bit awkward walking in on Soohyun earlier hahaha! Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day/night! I finally finished writing before 9pm ! Haha see you all soon!