Final

Drunk people don't lie

“Come on, Mo, sit next to me” Jay said pulling out a chair for me. “No way, she’ll sit next to me” ChaCha announced and tried to make me sit next to him. “Sorry ChaCha, but I don’t like to sit with my back facing the front door” I said taking the seat beside Jay. ChaCha looked rather resentful so I padded his head lightly. “I’ll sit next to you on the way back home, ‘kay?” He nodded happily and I laughed. “Alright guys, what are we gonna get?” Jehan asked eyeing the menu. “Soju” Jay, ChaCha and Neil said in unison. “You guys are not gonna get super drunk are you?” I sighed since I hated drunken people. The boys looked at me and shook their heads. “Someone has to drive us home. I don’t have to drink at all” Jay said and looked at me as if he was making sure I heard what he just said. I was surprised by his words and so were the boys. “Dude, what’s wrong with you?” Neil seemed concerned. Jay shook his head again. “I just don’t feel like drinking. That’s all.” I smiled to myself. “Anyways, let’s get something to eat gentlemen” I said and everyone looked back at their menus.

About an hour later ChaCha, Neil, Jehan and Junior were drunk as hell. They were clinging onto each other and telling me how much they love me. “Monrrroooe, oppa loves you sooo much you’re like my bestest girlfriend everrr” ChaCha slurred and I giggled. “Shut up, Jay loves herr morrree” Neil pushed ChaChas arm lightly. Jay and I looked at each other smiling. “Like, bro, why don’t you just date her already?” Jehan nudged Jay. “Come on Mo, let’s get these drunkies home, shall we?” Jay rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “Sure” I replied and we all got up from our seats and headed for the door.

We took the boys home but didn’t feel like staying there ourselves so we went for a little drive. We sat in the car in awkward silence as drove on. “So uhh…. Where are we going?” I asked Jay carefully. He shrugged. “Where do you wanna go?” “You remember the beach where we hung out last summer?” Jay smiled. “How could I forget?” He answered, his smile becoming a grin. “Let’s go there!” I squealed happily. “As you wish, my lady” Jay said making me feel even more awkward.

As we got to the beach, it was already 1 am. The sun had set ages ago and it was dark and cold. We got out the car and I ran towards the ocean. Jay ran behind me as I lay down on the sand. “This is what we came here for?” Jay looked at me, puzzled. “So you could lie on the ground?” I laughed. “The stars are really pretty tonight. Maybe we should go for a swim” I suggested. “Are you insane?!” Jay yelled. “It’s freakin’ October! The water’s freezing cold! Let’s just watch the stars, woman” Jay said and laid himself next to me. He pulled me closer and I rested my head on his chest. His arm wrapped around me and I could feel his warmth. “Uhh… Mo…” “Yes?” I looked up at Jay. He kept his eyes on the sky. “About what Jehan said earlier…It-it-it…” “Jay, I know he was drunk. I know that you and I are only friends. Don’t worry about that” Jay looked slightly shocked. He laughed awkwardly. “Glad we settled that then” He sighed.

After watching the stars for a while we decided to go home. As Jay parked the car I yawned and stretched my arms. I hopped out of the car and shut the door behind me. I was ready to walk inside, but Jay grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. He looked serious. “Monroe, about what Jehan said…” his voice was stern and determined. “You’re still worrying about that? I told you, its fin…” Jay sighed. “Listen to me, woman!” He raised his voice at me. I raised my arms as a sign of giving up and he quietly continued. “I mean… Uhh… About dating you… I’d like that.. I mean I want to… I think you’re like… really nice and... The hell with this!” He yelled frustrated. He simply put his hands on my waist and kissed me. It was amazing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. “I mean… I might be in love with you, Mo” he whispered as we separated. “Yeah I can… I can live with that…” We both smiled as Jay pulled me in for another kiss.