Chapter I

Our Crossroad

I: First Meeting



She was not a girl of many words, she was independent, but very sweet. People who saw her at first sight, wouldn’t think she was extremely cute or hot. But as time passes by, you would discover her beautiful smile and the twinkle in her eyes when she talked. That was her charm, the charm that attracted people to her.  

She lived in the city, but she traveled towards the valley every day.  There she worked in a little flower shop. The road towards the valley was really boring. Almost no one knew of the existence of this narrow, old road. But she ended up with a lot of memories right there. This is the life of Ahn Lani.

It was her first day of work. She lived in a small apartment in the city with her mom. They didn’t have a lot of money, so her mother was hardly home. Lani decided to get a job herself. There are plenty of jobs in the city, but something attracted her towards that old flower shop in the valley.

Summer was coming to an end. Lani stepped out of the door with her backpack and earphones in her ears. The cool summer breeze blew her long hair into her face. The valley was pretty far away, but she could handle it. It all happened on a nice morning. She already knew the route towards the valley. Walk through the city, turn left and walk straight. She left the city behind and continued walking. She ended up on a long straight road. It was very narrow and there was a lot of nature. If she just walked straight ahead, she would end up in the valley.

 

 

His name is Jung Daehyun. Together with his grandma, he lived in the valley. He was a talkative and spontaneous guy. Daehyun had a dream of becoming a musician. He traveled towards the city every day, where he performed in a little café, in hope of getting discovered one day. But Daehyun didn’t want to be super famous. He just wanted to share his love for music and everyone could see his true passion for music.

It was another regular day for him. Wake up, take care of grandma, travel towards the city with his guitar, perform there and go back home. He composed his own songs and played guitar. Before he went out he wanted to arrange the chords of his new song he was going to play today, but his grandmother needed his help and he forgot about it. After that he was late already, so he quickly went out. When he walked down the road, he suddenly remembered the chords he needed to arrange. ‘’Shoot’’! He couldn’t play without the chords.

Fortunately he saw a girl walking on the other side of the road. Maybe he could lent a pen from her, so that he could write down the chords quickly. ‘’Excuse me, miss!’’ He said. She didn’t react. ‘’Hello?’’ he called her  again. Then he realized that she had earphones in her ears. He waved his hand before her eyes and she looked up.

 


She was listening to music, when a young men wanted her attention.  She pulled her earphones out of her ears and said: ‘’Can I help you?’’ He answered: ‘’Yes, I’m kind of in a hurry right now.  And I wanted to ask if I could maybe lent a pen from you?’’ Lani grabbed her bag and searched through it. She found a pen on the bottom of her backpack. ‘’Here you go.’’ He thanked her and quickly started scribbling on a piece of paper. It looked like music sheets….

He finished writing down the chords. With his talent he finished arranging the chords in a few minutes tops. He realized that the girl was still standing there. He thanked her again and made a run for it, totally forgetting about the pen, which he still needed to return.

She continued walking towards the flower shop, while he continued towards the little café. They had two completely different lives, but they would meet each other again later on the same road…



She started working at the flower shop. He played for a little crowd in the city. The day went by and it was time for them to return home again.

 

He already saw her silhouette  in the distance.  ‘’It’s her again.’’

When they came closer, she also noticed him. ‘’Hey, we meet again!’’

She responded with a smile and a ‘hi’.

‘’So I don’t know your name yet?’’ He said.

She responded by saying: ‘’Lani, Ahn Lani.’’

They shook hands, while he said: ‘’I’m Jung Daehyun. It’s nice to meet you.’’

They continued talking and discovered that she walked towards the valley every morning, while he walked towards the city every morning.

Then he said: ‘’I think I need to go. My grandma is waiting for me.’’

She said: ‘’Oh, you live with your grandmother?’’

‘’Yes, we live together in the valley. I take care of her.’’

She didn’t ask more and they bid goodbye. When he turned around, she suddenly said:

‘’Wait! I have something for you.’’ He turned around again. She had a plastic bag in her hand and she took out one beautiful sunflower.

‘’Do you want a sunflower? They bloom in the summer and are extremely beautiful. It means luck and happiness. ’’ She said while blushing slightly.

He took the sunflower from her hand. ‘’It really is beautiful. I’ll keep this with me.’’

‘’Thank you, Lani.’’

He smiled at her and she smiled back. Then they both turned around with a contented smile on their faces.

 

END OF CHAPTER 1