Lost: Alpaca Found: New Love

Lost: Alpaca Found: New Love

Wandering the main street you look around at the just bloomed flowers and the cheeriness of the market. It was springtime, and florists had stall set up in front of their shops filled with dozens of different types of flowers. The sun glistened down on everything, making the water in the fountain glimmer and shine like a crystal more than usual. Two twin girls that you usually babysit run up and hand you a small bunch of daisies each. Smiling, you thank them and they run off, playing a game of chasey around the regulars of the market. A group of boys were sitting on a bench, some sitting on the ground around it as there was too many of them and not enough room in the bench for all of them. You stop at a small stall nearby, one that sells lollies. You greet the owner politely, as she was an old friend of the family. She hands you a lollipop, which you insist on paying for instead of taking it for free. Smiling at her at wishing her a good day you walk past the afore-mentioned boys who stare as you walk past. You grin inwardly. Obviously they are either newcomers or tourists in this town otherwise they wouldn’t have stared as you walked past. They get up and walk off, chattering and looking at the stalls.

A little while later, you head back the way you came intending to head home. You pass the bench from earlier and stop for there, sitting dejectedly, is a small stuffed alpaca, with a pirate’s hat and a blue scarf on. You stare at it curiously and move closer, picking it up and examining it more closely. Just then you hear a rush of footsteps and a puffed out sentence. “That’s . . . He’s . . . mine . . .” The boy manages to get out between breaths. It was one of the boys from earlier. You hand him the alpaca and he takes it gratefully. He catches his breath and smiles down at you. “Thanks.” You notice how his voice was really deep and mesmerising and you couldn’t help but stare at his flawless skin and enchanting eyes. You shake your head a bit to clear it before you nodded back. “You’re welcome.” You reply, your voice sweet and clear. “I’m Kris.” He says holding out his hand. “Chandi.” You reply taking his hand and shaking it. “Chandi? Isn’t that a Pakistani name?” He asks confused. “Yes. I am half and half. Chandi means moon and my last name is moon so name is pretty much Moon Moon.” You reply, answering his question. “That explains the colour tone of your skin. And Chandi is a rather pretty name. The alpaca’s name is Ace.” He said and you laugh.

“Pleasure to meet you Ace.” You say and shake one of its legs. Kris is still for a moment, entranced by the lovely sound of your laugh. He quickly snaps out of it and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. “Do you . . . uh . . . want to get some tea with me? As a thanks for finding Ace?” He asks, throwing in the last part as an excuse to spend time with you. You nod your head and gesture for him to follow you to a little tea shop. You both sit down at a table across from each other and order your drinks. When they arrive, he sees you ordered a chai. “Isn’t that really sweet?” He asked, as he had heard rumours about the tea. You shake your head in reply. “If I make it or another Pakistani makes it yes but here it is not.” He nods his head and you lapse back into silence. You finish your tea and stand up, Kris not far behind you. Exiting the shop, you see the sun setting and the sky turning a deep red colour. “Isn’t it beautiful?” you say, staring at the sky. “Yes, you are.” Kris replies and you quickly snap your head back to him only to meet a pair of lips on yours. He quickly steps back and apologises. “Sorry I . . . uh . . . don’t know what came over me.” He says and you chuckle a bit.

“.” You say and pull him down to connect your lips again. His eyes widen and he kisses you back, a hush settling the streets around. The birds weren’t making any noise, the branches on the trees not moving an inch. After an eternity you pull away to catch your breath and see Kris smiling down at you. “I don’t know what the Pakistani’s say but here if two people kiss the boy usually gets called oppa branches on the trees not moving an inch. After an eternity you pull away to catch your breath and see Kris smiling down at you. “I don’t know what the Pakistani’s say but here if two people kiss the boy usually gets called oppa by the girl.” You smile and you both start to walk to your house. Reaching the front door you unlock it and open the door. “Oppa is a title that you are going to have to earn.” You say seductively, walking in and leaving the door open. Kris stands dumbfounded then a smile grows on his face as eagerly walks inside, shutting the door behind him with a small click.

THE END!