Start of the End

Sacrifice

A.N. Before anything, I'd like to say that unless this fic receives good response or I suddenly get an inspiration boost, this will be left as a cliffhanger fic.

Sorry ^^ Too many ongoing fics. Rwoarrrr.

 

I was running. Running as fast as I can.

 

Voices in my mind. Kyuhyun, Heechul, Eunhyuk... They were screaming. Screaming ‘Run!’ ‘Run as fast as you can!’

 

I tell myself, “Sungmin, Lee Sungmin. You can do it. You managed to climb a mountain. Running is nothing.”

 

But running with fear was everything.

 

I turn into a sharp corner and find myself trapped. I gasp for air. I wanted to take off again. I could juke him. I can dodge the blade Yesung was holding. I can and I will. I ran towards the side of the wall. But it was too late. The blade reflected the serene moonlight slashed at a random spot on me. The silver surface trickled with blood as I fell. My whole body was numb as I hit the cold ground. I squirmed in pain and tried to let out a scream but nothing came out. I laid there helplessly in the cold, hurt and crying. I wasn’t as capable as I thought. I thought I could handle it...

 

A tear drops down, shining in the pristine light that the small crescent gave out. Thoughts of regret filled my pain-stricken mind. I hear screaming, I hear voices. Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Teukie-hyung, is that you?

 

I fell unconscious. My soul plunged straight down into the darkness, never to see a single speck of light ever again.

 

---

 

My head hurts. I felt like I was spinning. My throat was dry. I choke. I couldn’t feel my right hand, like it was bandaged. Wait. Bandaged?

 

I slowly open my eyes, bit by bit. And see myself in a ward, with a drip next to me. I felt warmth and movement on my left hand. That was when I saw. A sleeping figure of Kyuhyun.

 

I looked around the whitewashed room. I see Eunhyuk not far away on a small sofa. And I see my parents outside talking to a doctor. I glanced at the clock. 3pm. Exactly 24 hours since we started the mission. Is it Mission Accomplished once again? Or has Lee Sungmin, the perfectionist failed?

 

They had said, run as fast as you can, take the paper, the documents, his everything. And all would end.

 

I see Eunhyuk awake. I swear his eyes widened way over it’s extent. He flashed an all-out smile that could make nyan cats fart unicorn puking rainbows as he ran over. He shook Kyuhyun awake. That sleepyhead as usual. I flashed both of them a weak smile. Kyuhyun opened up my left palm and wrapped it around a cup of water. I held it as he put me up in a sitting position. I drank my first few sips of fresh, cooling water before gulping it all up. Then it came back to me. My right hand.

 

It was bandaged and I couldn’t feel it. It’s like it wasn’t there at all. Eunhyuk noticed my frown and said, “Well, there’s bad news and good news.” I looked up at him. He shifted his eyes to my parents outside.

 

It turns out to be quite good for me. I feel good having Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun super-glued to me, asking how i was every 5 seconds. It’s like having servants:3

 

I was taken to my safe house after I was discharged and the police came and took down my statement. I didn’t say Yesung’s name though... Because, I know he would come after me even more...

 

--

 

Ever since then, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun has been coming over and tutoring me everyday.

 

I have been polishing up my martial arts.

 

Preparing for that one day.

 

The Fight.

 

--

 

Only Kyuhyun knew about it. He knew Yesung was going to find me on the 11th of March. Because it was our anniversary of being ‘brothers’. Yesung, from the start wanted to ruin our friendship, because Yesung wanted me to be his boyfriend. And he went totally crazy and planning all sorts of different stuff to either kill me or Kyu. This has also got to do with our parents too. Apparently, my dad accidentally killed Yesung’s dad in a scientific experiment in dealing with the Yellowstone volcano. And Yesung was especially close to his dad. So... Yes.

 

I had been sent to my dad’s own Math and Science Academy for training to inherit his findings of stopping Yellowstone from destroying the Earth one day. And up till now, I haven’t seen it as I needed to be a graduate first. The password to the lock would then be my graduate certificate number.

 

And what Yesung was doing now, is that he is planning to boil up Yellowstone and blow up the entire Earth. Just to go against me. And I have to stop that. Therefore me and a few fellow friends from the same class went on a mission on stealing his plans. And that’s how I got hurt.

 

--

 

24 Hours to 11th March ~ 10th March.

 

Kyuhyun skipped school today and came over. He said he was going to accompany me for the whole day today. We laughed, we danced, we sang. It had been a long time since we enjoyed ourselves like this.

 

10 Hours to 11th March

 

We ate our dinner and crashed onto the couch, just leaning onto each other and by this time I was too tired to care about anything anymore. I fell asleep eventually on Kyuhyun’s lap after he kissed my eyelids shut and sung a lullaby.

 

11th March

 

Where am I?!

 

I evaluated the settings, and stared at the bonds holding my four limbs. I struggled and try to scream but no noise comes out. Yesung sees me and holds up a blade, bringing it to my skin.

“Hello again, my perfectionist Sungmin...”

 

I gritted my teeth. “I am no ing perfectionist you sadist.”

 

He kept calm and emotionless. He didn’t change “Now, if you be good to me, and tell me the magic words to stopping Yellowstone nicely, I will gladly release you.”

 

“Pabo.” I whispered.

 

“What? I think I heard something?” He mockingly put his ear to my mouth.

 

I in a deep breath. “PABO!” I screamed. He was clearly taken aback and backed away. His face turned red and furious. Then he said, with a smirk, “Look who has come to join you.”

 

The lights of the other side of the room flickered on. “Kyuhyun!” I shouted on sight of him. I looked tired. Worn out. He looked at me with a worried stricken face. “Ming!” He called out in reply. He tried to move. And he was electrocuted. No wonder he was tired. That Yesung. He’s insane. How can he do this?! He’s a human. He has the right to live... I love him...

 

“Ah.. I have no choice but to ruin your reunion here...” Yesung cut in sarcastically. He pressed a button and Kyu was electrocuted again. His body was thrown up haphazardly and shaken as the bolts passed through him

 

“NOO-!” I managed to shout before I found a cool blade pressed to my neck.

 

“Now, now, don’t you move a single muscle.” He warned.

 

My muscles stiffened up at the thought of dying in Yesung’s arms. I never pictured my death to be this way. Just thinking about me sent chills up my spine. But.. I had to choose. Me, or Kyu. In a heartbeat, I would choose Kyu, but.. Where is he? I needed to talk to him. I needed to see him, to see his face, his eyes, his lips. To see him staring right back at me, saying that everything’s going to be okay. Even when I know it isn’t. Even when he knows it isn’t.

 

“Where... Is.. Kyuhyun?!”

 

“What if... I told you he died?” Yesung said, with a twinkle in his eye.

 

That was enough for me to hear, and with my mysteriously found energy, I kicked Yesung’s crotch and bit his arm. I ran out of the room, and shouted along the corridors for Kyu. I couldn’t die. Not yet.

 

“Ming!” faintly, but surely, I heard Kyu. At long last. When I finally found the cell he was in, I just realised how badly in shape he was in. How badly he was treated. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I ran and hugged him. The tighter I clung onto him, the more he struggled.

 

“Ming, listen. I have been electrocuted.. so... many.. times.. “

“Kyu, I’m so sorry, it’s all my..”

“Ming, it’s okay. Just promise me, save the others, leave me here, but save the...” he didn’t manage to finish his sentence before his body was thrown up again. Bolts of electricity passed through him, and I cried. I love him... Yesung cannot treat him like that.

 

Yesung was standing at the door frame, crackling like a witch.

 

“NOW DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE SUNGMIN? NOW DO YOU KNOW?”

 

“Kyu, I will come back for you, I promise. I love you.”

 

And I ran.

 

---

 

I have been sitting there for a long time. Alone.

 

Without Kyu.

 

I’m safe. But Kyu isn’t.

 

Kyu is dying. Alone.

 

I had to save him.

 

Somehow. Somehow I will.