I Know...

A Plethora of Drabbles

 

"Hey Seunghyun & Jessica!" I greeted my friends as soon as I saw them in the school field.

 

I had known Seunghyun since I was a child – we were childhood best friends. He was always such a cool guy and yet I wondered how he became so. For as long as I've know Seunghyun, he was more of a dork, an awkward clown at times and yet he bloomed into this man that dozens of girls swooned over. It was quite the transformation.

 

It was probably thanks to Jessica, his girlfriend and my best friend, that he became so handsome. I met Jessica in my first year of high school; we were on the soccer team together and we instantly clicked during the team bonding exercise. Jessica, although having a cold exterior, was a sweet girl whom I adored. When I introduced Jessica to Seunghyun, I could immediately feel the instant attraction between the two. Nevertheless, they became an item after 2 months of becoming friends.

 

"Top of the morning to you." Seunghyun said. I gave him a weird look in response.

 

"Hey! Sorry about Seunghyun - he's been a bit weird lately, but when isn't he always, right?" Jessica says.

 

"Im just saying~" Jessica defends herself before Seunghyun could retaliate.

 

I had always felt bittersweet when I'd see them together. I'm happy for them and all, but I just wished that things were different.

 

"Well, I have to run. I'll see you guys at lunch!" I backed away from them and began to jog to my class.

 

"Yoona!" Someone yelled.

 

I stopped and realized it was Jiyong, another friend of mine, who had called me. I waited for him as he walked towards me in a slow manner.

 

"I saw you talking to Seunghyun and Jessica... You know you can do better than..." Jiyong trailed off, but I knew where he was going.

 

Jiyong was the only person who I told my secret to. He knew the reason why I had cried after hearing that Seunghyun and Jessica were a couple. I told Jiyong that I liked Seunghyun, and I was grateful that I did; he was my safety blanket when I cried over Seunghyun.

 

I gave Jiyong a meek smile. "I know..."