somebody

Somebody

Final Chapter
My Angel

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

My annoying alarm clock went off at exactly the time I set it to 6:30 am. I groaned in annoyance. Why the hell did I set it at that time? I'm such an idiot.

With a sigh, I got up UNWILLINGLY even though I have to be at the store by 7:15 am. The cafe wasn't far from my house since I had bought the house that was close to my work place; it was only a 10 minute walk from my house. By 6:55 am, I finished changing. After one final check in the mirror, I headed down to the kitchen and made toast and poured myself a cup of milk.

Ding. The toasts popped up when I went to put the cup in the sink. After spreading strawberry jam over the toast, I took a bite of the toast while putting on my shoes. , I thought when I looked at the time on my phone. 7:07 am. Holy , I'm going to be late.

I gobbled down the toast, got out of my house and locked the door before making a run to the store. My PERFECTLY styled hair became all messy as the wind hit against my face as I ran. I ran as fast as I could and thankfully I arrived at the store at exactly 7:15 am.

"You're on time," Kyungsoo, my partner said as he fixed his bow tie with nod. "Usually you come earlier at 7 am. Did you sleep in this time?"

I shook my head and just waved my hand. I didn't want to talk about it. I was just damn tired from all that running. Damn, my perfectly styled hair is in a mess now. I pouted, now I have to restyle it again. This is a pain.

I looked around, it's not even 7:30 yet and half of our workers aren't even here yet. Not that I care, because our store doesn't open until 9 am.

"Where's the boss?"

"You know him, he always come whenever he wants." Kyungsoo tells me while rolling his eyes.

Out of all the 12 workers here, Kyungsoo is the one that's best at coffee art. Together with Luhan-hyung, Jongdae-hyung and I, we're the four that is best at coffee art.

Sehun, Baekhyun-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung and Joonmyeon-hyung are the one's that deal with customers the best.

Our boss is Wufan-hyung and his assistant is Zitao-hyung. There are times Zitao-hyung is just an overall cry baby. The other two, Minseok-hyung and Yixing-hyung are in charge of the money at the counter.

I heard the bell tinkle again so I looked up to see the rest of the workers walk in. I smiled at them while I fixed my hair, making sure that everything was perfect.

Sehun, being the maknae and brat, he messed up my hair, laughed and ran away.

"Yah!" I hollered, feeling a bit pissed. I sighed in annoyance before fixing my hair. 

Fifteen more minutes till we open the cafe. Everyone was busy doing their own thing as I cleaned the tools.

"Five more minutes!" Wufan-hyung yelled from the back.

"Such a lazy ," I heard Chanyeol-hyung whisper beside me, making me laugh.

 

Sigh, today is such a busy day! It hasn't even been an hour since we opened the store and customers are coming in like ants! Is it a special day today? Not that I can think of...

"Jongin! two small cappuccino, they're going to drink it here." Yixing-hyung said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"O-Oh, right. On it!"

As I made the customers cappuccino, I was thinking of trying my new coffee art that I tried the other day when I was at home. My lips formed a grin as I decided to try that out.

"Why are you grinning?" Kyungsoo asked me as he did he just finished his coffee art.

"Oh, I'm going to try out my two new coffee art that I tried doing when I was at home. I hope it turns out good."

"Of course it'll turn out good. You're Kim Jongin for no reason." Luhan hyung said and laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I narrowed my eyes at him after finishing up the art. I looked down at the two cups of coffee and smiled in content.

I then pulled out a tray and placed it on the counter, then I placed the cup of coffee with the leaf art I did first on the left and the second cup which had a flower art.

 

Six hours had already passed and I feel like my hands, arms and legs are about to detach and fall down to the floor. Seriously I think today was the day we had the most customers coming in today. Just as we were about to start cleaning up, I heard the bell tinkle as the door opened. I looked up and saw an angel. I've never seen someone so beautiful as her. She really took my breath away. She was so beautiful but I have already told myself to not fall in love. However my heart betrays me as it starts to beat faster as the girl approached me. Well, the counter to be more exact. My god, even her voice is beautiful.

"May I have a caramel latte?" She asked.

"Sure." Yixing-hyung said with that dimple smile. "May I ask what size?"

"Regular please." She said with that smile.

My heart fluttered as I snapped out of my daze. I hope he hadn't notice me staring at her. After she had got her drink, she left the cafe and immediately the members turned to stare at me.

"What?"

"You were staring at her." Sehun smirked. Aish, that stupid maknae. He'll be the death of me one day.

"And?" I raised an eyebrow up, not liking where this was going.

"Our Jonginie has grown up." He faked a sobbed. "So are you going to fall in love with her?" He asked as he turned all serious again.

"What?" I glared at him. "Hell no, I am not going to fall in love again." I snapped at him by accident as I remembered my past experience with my ex-girlfriends.

I stormed out to the back, which was the change rooms and slammed the door close. Then I heard the others scolding Sehun for talking about relationships with me. Geez, that maknae never learns. Even Zitao is a bit more mature than him. Maybe not but just a tiny bit?

A sigh escaped my mouth as I changed back into my casual clothes. As I closed my eyes, the bitter-sweet memories when I had with my ex-girlfriend flowed into my mind. Snapping my eyes open, I shook my head and tried to get rid of those aweful memories. Stepping out the change room, I bid the boys goodbye before I made my way back to my house.

 

A month has passed and that customer that I feel for came daily to get her caramel latte. I mean, I keep staring at her and I don't know if she has noticed. The others have been teasing me for falling in love with her. I mean she's god damn beautiful. Who wouldn't fall in love with her? 

Even though I've fallen in love with her, I somehow got close to her. Apparantly she was a close friend of Taemin so I was able to get close to her. Her name was Seo Eunbyul. Even as a friend, but I knew these feelings of mine were beyong as a friend. I liked her more than a friend. I wanted her to be my girlfriend. But I was afraid. Afraid of being not loved back, being used and toyed with. Just like 2 years ago... with her. 

My heart fluttered as I turned my head to the left. Seeing Eunbyul-noona sleeping with her head leaning against my shoulder made me really happy. A smile crept up as I remembered what happened two days ago.

"Jongin?" I was shocked to see Eunbyul in a sports bra and black tights.

"Eunbyul? What are you doing here?" I asked and looked everywhere but her.

"Going for a jog. How about you?" She sat down beside me, as she drank from her bottle of water.

"Same as you." I chuckled, feeling very happy that I got to know more about her.

Eunbyul then looked at me and chuckled. "Shouldn't you be calling me noona?"

"Noona?" I frowned. "Why?"

"I am older than you."

"You are?" I stood up, shocked. I mean, she looked so freaking young to be older than me. "How old are you?"

"You're 20 years old right?"

"Neh."

"Guess," Her eyes twinkled as she looked at me.

Damn I want to kiss her right now and hold her in my arms. "22?" She shook her head and giggled. She's so cute! "24?"

"Yup!" She laughed, showing me her cute eye smile. Oh my god, she's so cute. "So call me noona." She nodded and looked at me expectantly.

I my lips nervously and shifted around. I have never called anyone noona other than my real older sisters. My past girlfriends were either the same age as me or a bit younger.

"Um... noona." I mumbled softly.

"What?" She leaned in cutely. "I can't hear you Jongin-ah."

Wahh, I like hearing her say my name. I cleared my throat and looked to the side. "Eunbyul-noona."

"Aw, you're so cute!" She got up and pinched my cheeks, making me blush and looked down.

"N-Noona!" I tried to stop her from pinching my cheeks and that I am clearly embarrassed at the moment. A few couples walked passed and chuckled at us, saying that we're such a cute couple. Heck we're not even going out yet! Her laugh was like music to my ears.

"Jongin-ah," She called out with a mischevious twinkle in her eyes.

"Yes noona?" Man I'm gonna have to get use to calling her noona.

"Do you want to have a competition of who does the most push ups in 1 minnute?" She asked me.

1 minute? I've done 60 push ups before and I'm not backing down from a challenge. "Sure." I smirked.

Minutes later, I was just staring at Eunbyul noona. That girl had just beat my record! She did 75 push ups in 1 minute. Is that how she kept her figure?

"You win noona." I pouted. Wait, pout? I have never pouted in my life, not even with my past girlfriends.. so why now?

"Aw, aren't they such a lovely couple?"

"They match each other."

"They're so cute!"

Each couple that passed us had almost said the same thing. I blushed at that, then I wondered how it would be like if noona and I were dating.

"Jongin-ah," Eunbyul-noona said as she stared straight into my eyes, which made me nervous. "I know it hasn't been long since we've met and gotten to know each other."

What is she on about? Is this a confession? I continued to stare at her, my heart beat in anticipation. Will I finally have the girl I love? Even though we don't know each other that much?

"I don't know but I always get butterflies when I'm with you. I feel happy when I'm with you. I find you cute and everything."

"Noona," I said softly as I bit down on my lips, trying to hide my excitement.

"Will you go out with me?"

I was bursting with happiness when I heard that. I had the big and stupid smile on. My eyes were twinkling! I haven't felt this way since... since I was dumped!

"Yes!" I said a bit too happy. I calmed down a bit and chuckled sheepishly.

"Noona, wake up." I shook her gently. "I'm going to be late for work."

Eunbyul-noona mumbed something before waking up. She was rubbing her eyes with her fist, which made her look so adorable with that pout.

"You're really cute you know?" I grinned and bent down, stealing a kiss from her.

"Yah~" She pouted and lighly slapped me on the chest.

. I looked up at the clock and widened my eyes. "Kris-hyung is so not going to like it." I got up, grabbed my clothes and dashed to the bathroom and changed into my work clothes.

Eunbyul-noona had stayed over my house after I introduce her to my parents. They were really happy to see me happy with noona and they approved her as my girlfriend. Although it has only been three and a half weeks since we've dated, I feel very happy every time I'm with her.

"Bali, you're going to be late." She giggled when she saw me tripped over a power cord.

"Who the..." I trailed off when noona pushed me to the door. Slipping on the shoes, I pulled her close to me and kissed her. "How are we going to tell the members that we're dating?"

"Just tell them. Be a man." She reached up and hugged me, in which I hugged her back.

"Oh stop it you lovebirds." My father said as he walked passed us. "Jongin, you'll be late if you keep hugging Eunbyul."

 

The moment I entered the cafe, all eyes were on me. Well not all but my friends. They all had questionning looks when they saw Eunbyul-noona.

"You're late." Kris-hyung grumbled when he came out.

"Yeah," I said nothing else.

"You have lots of explaining to do later mister." He walked back to the back.

 

"So why did you come here at the same time as Eunbyul?" Kyungsoo-hyung asked. The boys learned noona's name through Taemin and his cousins; Jonghyun-hyung and Kibum-hyung. "And she's still here."

We were cleaning up and closing the store but noona was still there. Actually we already planned out how to tell them the news that we were dating.

"Yah, Kim Jongin!" Jongdae-hyung shouted.

"What?" I looked at him annoyed and noona giggled.

"Are you hiding something from us?" Sehun asked as he eyed me. "You've been very happy lately."

"Have I?" I smirked. "Maybe I'm just in love with somebody." I chuckled.

"What?" Yixing-hyung and Zitao gawked at me as the others just stared at me with shocked expressions.

"You said you won't fall in love again." Sehun said with a frown.

"Well, I guess this somebody was able to make me fall in love again."

"And who is this somebody?" Chanyeol-hyung raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know." I turned to noona slightly." Who do you think noona? I think you know her." I smirked.

Eunbyul-noona got up from her seat and walked over to me as she tried to hold her laughter in. "Yeah, I think I know her."

The others looked at me suspiciously as Baekhyun-hyung looked at me then noona then at me again and grinned. I think this hyung knows it now but he didn't say anything.

"Is she someone we know?" Baekhyun-hyung asked, with a hint of mischievous in his eyes, so I decided to play along.

"Yes, it's someone you know hyung." I grinned at him, letting him know that I've caught on while the others were just clueless.

"Who?" They all questioned and I could see Baekhyun-hyung rolling his eyes.

"It's me." Eunbyul-noona giggled as she wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me as I held onto her hands that were clasped around my stomach.

"WHAT?" They all hollered, exlcuding Baekhyun-hyung. I winced at the volume of their shouts and took a step back.

"Maybe we should of told them earlier." Noona laughed. "They wouldn't have this reaction."

"For how long?"

"Three weeks and a half." I answered as I looked at her lovingly, showing her my charming smile.

"How?"

"Through Taemin," She giggled as she released herself from me.

"So you were the one that made hyung all happy like rainbow glitters?" Sehun eyed me as he made a face.

"Yes." Noon looked up at me in the eyes and tippie toed up, only to give me a peck on the lips.