Chapter 1

The Other Half of Me

Sorry for the long wait and the short chapter, it's just the beginning. I promise the future chapters are going to be longer :)

 

                It’s been a few weeks since Taemin and Minho had been engaged, and every couple of days, they would have mind blowing that left the both of them very satisfied for the next couple days until the urges come back. For a few days now, Taemin had been thinking about adopting. He knows that he wouldn’t be able to give Minho a child but he still wants to create a little family with him. It was time for Taemin’s yearly body check so Minho decided to take some time off and accompany him there.

                “Minho, my usual doctor is away on vacation so we’ll have to find a new one” Minho had found one near their house that was pretty new but after researching about it, he deemed it to be pretty safe for his Minnie. They left for the doctor’s clinic and waited for the nurse to call their name.

                “You must be Lee Taemin and this is?” the doctor looked at Minho and for some reason, he didn’t like the look in doctor’s eyes when he was looking at Taemin.

                “I’m his husband and we’re here to get Taemin a body check” the doctor nodded and wrote something on his paper. He started with the checkups and Minho would glare whenever his hands would linger a second too long on his skin.

                “It looks like you’re all healthy and should have nothing to worry about. Since male couples are getting more and more frequent, I would like to tell you some information that might be useful to you too. My clinic had the honour of carrying some medications that could make a male to be able to conceive. There have been two couples that have done that and are expecting already. I just wanted to know that I have a few dosages left and if you two would be interested?”Taemin looked over at Minho; it was something that he had been thinking about but had never discussed with him about it.

                ‘Let us think about it, we haven’t discussed it yet” the doctor nodded and told them to book another appointment next week to see the results. Taemin and Minho left the clinic and went to a restaurant to eat lunch.

                “Minho, what did you think? I have been thinking about adopting before since I wasn’t able to give you a child, but if what the doctor said is true, then I would be able to bear a child that is our own flesh and blood” Minho could see Taemin had really given it some thought.

                “Minnie, I know you really want a baby, but what if it’s dangerous to you? I don’t want to use you as an experiment and end up losing you. I can’t lose you” Taemin’s expression softens, he had never thought about that.

                “Minho, I love you so much, you know that right?” Minho nodded; he can sense something was coming.

                “Don’t you want another me that you could love, baby with half of me and half of you? I promise you that I would take care of my body and make sure that I will go to every appointment. Please Minho? Please?” Taemin pouted and used his adorable puppy eyes, hoping that it would work like every time he had used it on Minho.

                “Stop Taemin, I’m doing it for your own health. Stop giving me those eyes!” Minho said loudly, he immediately regretted it as he saw Taemin’s eyes start to water.

                “You yelled at me! Do you not love me anymore? Are you starting to find me annoying so you don’t love me anymore?” his lips quivered and Minho could see the tears starting to fill up his beautiful eyes.

                “Please don’t cry, you know I love you! You’re the only thing that matters to me. Okay, I promise you, when we go back to get your results, we’ll ask the doctor about more information. If everything’s okay and even the doctor said your body is suitable for it, then we’ll get it okay?” Taemin’s face lit up as he allowed Minho to wipe away his tears. He flung his arms around Minho’s neck and began kissing him.

                “I love you Minho! We’re going to be parents!” Taemin squealed as he jumped onto Minho’s lap and got himself comfortable. The waitress came and paused for a second after seeing their position.

                “It’s okay, just place it on the table, we’ll sort it out ourselves” the waitress nodded and left after dropping off the dishes. Minho wrapped his arm around Taemin’s waist and got comfortable before starting to feed his fiancé on his lap. He watched as Taemin opened his mouth and happily allowed himself to be fed. Minho smiled as he thought to himself that if Taemin did have a little baby, he wouldn’t mind feeding the both of them every single day.